The Cohen Home

Reviews of The Cohen Home

Assisted Living Reviews for The Cohen Home

October 09, 2017

By Theresa

The Cohen Home is very clean, very updated, and very pretty. They're great. Everyone there is very caring. My dad lives there now. The staff is very good. They do kosher-style food and have activities, but they need more.

July 30, 2011

By Steinberg_242

I had both grandparents live at The Cohen Home in Alpharetta for a total of 5 1/2 years. I would definitely say that the staff there was never anything but professional, courteous, and friendly. I enjoyed my visits there, which were fairly frequent. I would spend the night there at my grandparents house, and I enjoyed going around the campus, taking walks, and felt it was a safe place to open all the windows and enjoy the nice Georgia weather. I would recommend this assisted living facility to all of my friends and their loved ones as well. The only thing I did not like about the facility was the prices. It seemed a little expensive to us. I know that you get what you pay for, as they say, but month to month was a struggle on my grandparents social security and retirement. They, like most seniors, were on a fixed income, and found it hard to keep up with the bills. But, overall, I would give Cohen Home 4 out of 5 stars.

Costs for The Cohen Home

Photos of The Cohen Home

Services and Amenities of The Cohen Home

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Diabetic
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: ALC000103

About The Cohen Home

At the Cohen Home, a beautiful assisted living community in the nearby Atlanta suburb of Johns Creek, every resident is an individual — and every individual is treated like family. When you step through our door, you’ll know you are someplace special. Each person brings something unique to our community, and we make it our mission to find that special something and nurture it so your loved one stays engaged, active and enjoys the camaraderie and family atmosphere that makes The Cohen Home Assisted Living That Feels Like…Home.

Assisted Living • Dementia Care

Whether you need a short-term senior care solution for a family member or you are relocating an elderly loved one, our experienced staff will walk you through the process to make the transition as smooth as possible. We listen to your needs and spend time getting to know your family member, then work with you to create a customized plan of care so you feel engaged and involved from the first day you join our family.

The Cohen Home is an assisted living community that exemplifies the principles of family, community and Jewish values. Located in a quiet residential neighborhood near shopping, dining and medical centers, our seniors share great camaraderie and enjoy a variety of activities while living as independently as possible for as long as possible.

We invite you to visit. Attend our caregiver support group, one of our monthly theme night dinners or weekly Shabbat dinner. You will quickly see how much our staff genuinely cares about our residents and makes sure they feel loved, engaged and supported from the minute they become part of our family.

Lifestyle

We offer older adults an intimate, supportive, home-like environment. Our one- and two-bedroom apartments, decorated with the residents’ own furniture, are surrounded by inviting family rooms; cozy nooks for card games, knitting or visiting with friends; a library; and a beauty salon. Outside there are beautiful landscaped gardens and grounds, as well as welcoming porches and walking paths.

We offer a variety of programs to stimulate the mind, bodies, and spirits of our residents, including exercise classes, lectures, trips to museums and musical performances.

Care

Our coordinated care approach includes ongoing nursing assessments and an individualized care plan to meet the needs of our residents. Coordinated by registered nurses as well as 24-hour on-site, trained caregivers, our health, and wellness services include assistance with personal care needs, medication management, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, meals and other daily living tasks. For residents with more significant physical and cognitive impairments, we offer additional services in our Extra Care Neighborhood.

The Cohen Home utilizes the I’m Still Here® philosophy of memory care based on the belief that every person living with dementia is truly still there and can experience a high quality of life regardless of the severity of their memory loss.

Map of The Cohen Home