Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons

Reviews of Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons

Assisted Living Reviews for Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons

February 25, 2018

By Donald

My mother is at Aston Gardens. The one- and two bedroom rooms are very nice. You have to bring your furniture, but it's a very nice place. We like it very much. They offer games, television, and lectures. They have activities happenng most of the day. They offer three meals a day. I would rate the workers as excellent. The problem is that if my mother keeps falling, they don't have the staff to be able to help her prevent from falling. So as long as she is not falling right now, she is fine right where she is.

June 06, 2017

By jim006068

I'm currently living at Aston Gardens. They're very good to us. They take care of us. We have a good nursing staff here, and the way they treat their residents is nice. They have an activity director who runs all the activities. I have not participated in any because they're not my bag, but others find them very interesting. Their menu is good. I'm very pleased here. The staff is very good. The facilities are very nice. Their transportation for medical facility is outstanding. They provide limos and buses to local areas. I've been living here for a little over a year now.

August 24, 2016

By Miles_wo954

My father, Robert Wiest, has lived at Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons in Parkland, FL, for 14 months. We are so happy that he is very happy, healthy, and safe there. The food is delicious! The professional entertainers are very talented! The daily activities & the field trips are fun for all! All of the employees are very caring, kind, & hard-working!

May 10, 2016

By Evelyn25

I liked Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons very much. The staff were wonderful and I am hoping to live there in an apartment near the pool because I need a pool for my legs. The price includes food and everything else. They provide two meals a day unless you want a third one. The dining room is beautiful and I chose breakfast and dinner for myself.

January 27, 2016

Aston Gardens was very nice. If I could, that’s the one that I would choose. I liked it, but I need more money to do that. It’s very nice. It’s not clean; it’s spotless. The rooms were spacious, clean, and it’s what I would prefer.

December 18, 2015

By Edith Block

I am a resident of Aston Gardens for almost ten years and I feel that I am being kept physically and mentally alert. I am very happy here!

August 31, 2015

I visited Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons, and it's beautiful. It’s very nice, but it's not in an area that I know too much about. The rooms were lovely, and they have caring people. I had lunch there, and the food was excellent.

August 13, 2015

By Caring111302050

I liked its openness, and it was very nice. It's just that there were so many seniors around that I didn't feel comfortable at Aston Gardens. The staff was very nice, and they were very helpful. They had a very nice dining area, and they only provide one meal a day. It was very sanitary. The place was very nice and very well-groomed, and you could have a pet, which appeals to me because I have a nice pet. It was just that they didn't have any parking facilities, and I wanted something where I could park my car. I wanted a garage for my car, and this is one of the reasons why I decided to stay in my home and not sell it yet.

December 30, 2014

By Alberto1

I visited Aston Gardens for my mother. They have assisted and independent living. One disadvantage that they have is that everything was unfurnished. My mother would have to provide her own furniture. It was a little bit more expensive, but at the same time, it was a bit more quality. One of the things that I noticed with this place was that people that work there were happy and proud of working there. They love to work there and that was a little bit better. In terms of what they could improve on, one thing that I would like is that they have the offering of furnished apartments. If the apartments were not an issue with their furniture and also not having to pay a little extra, Aston Gardens is a better option than the other facility. Overall, I was impressed with how well maintained it was and the quality of service they offered there. The feeling you get is you're in a hotel.

September 29, 2014

Life has been good since moving to Aston Gardens. I have a lovely apartment decorated with all my favorite things. The food is good and plentiful with a varied menu. The folks who work here are wonderful. They go out of their way to make us all like a family. There are activities galore such as bingo, all types of card games movies, word games and much more. We the residents are friendly and willing to help if needed. We have a wonderful nurses and therapists. I ought to know. I’ve been living here for eleven years and a happy camper.

September 22, 2014

By Muriel4

I moved in May 31, 2013. This is like living in a glorified hotel (I do mean this to the hilt!) The employees are marvelous. They graciously greet you by name. The food is good, not exceptional. The entertainment is very good to OK. The residents in general are great.

September 21, 2014

By Mrs. Rachel

Services are excellent. This facility appears to meet all my needs as a senior citizen seeking security, friendships, health needs, transportation etc. Nourishing food, excellent dining. I am very happy living in Aston Gardens.

September 21, 2014

By Arlene8

All services – maintenance, transportation, wellness and generally helpful are excellent.

October 15, 2013

The Aston Gardens is really close to my house and I know everything around it. It's very well decorated and clean-smelling. The apartments are good-sized with nice windows. You have a TV, a phone and a movie room, too. They have a lot of security with push buttons and if you're not up by a certain time and you push a button, they come up and see what's going on. The people there are friendly. They take you to the mall, to the bank and to doctor's appointments. It has everything you could ever want.

July 11, 2012

By 86753091

In my own experience, this facility has always shown professionalism and had friendly staff working for them. The rooms in the Assisted Living area were spacious and well-kept; nurses frequently checked up on their residents and offered friendly care. My grandmother was really well taken care of, and she was fond of her nurses. The staff at the kitchen also seemed friendly and paid attention to each resident's personal likes and dislikes with their meals. There were scheduled activities for the residents to participate in, if they chose to do so. Socializing amongst residents was encouraged by the facility, and they seemed to do well with planning fun things to do. There was a movie area, and various classes for residents to attend, also. There was a nice garden area for people to go outside and enjoy, and I believe there was also a fountain surrounded by flowers. This facility appears to be running well.

February 29, 2012

By Ilovestars28

My grandparents decided it was time to down-size on their home and become more active as they begin their 70s. We were all in agreement and decided it was time to research a assisted living facility that would provide activities, is on a beautiful property, and has a kind staff. After looking into several assisted living facilities we were thrilled to find Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons. After a trial two-day stay my grandparents were ready to move in. There is a staff of about 30 on hand. Upon moving in everyone was so welcoming. There were even residents that offered to help unload the truck! The moving team was of great help. The food is tasty and fits their dietary needs. There is a woman by the name of Maria and she has been a real gem to my grandparents. The in-house beauty salon and fitness room is top notch. Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons is basically a four star resort for the elderly and my grandparents now have a zest for life. The daily activities keep them in shape and the courtesy vehicles keep them from driving on the road. I am so pleased with this facility and would highly recommend it to anyone!

October 14, 2011

By David R.

My grandfather was very happy here. After my grandma passed away, he came to live at Aston Gardens to be close to our house in Coral Springs. I went to visit him a couple of times and I found the staff to be very friendly and warm. My grandpa didn't live with a nurse, but many of the residents did and they seemed in good spirits for the most part.One night we went to the dining hall, where we were served a pretty solid meal exceeding my expectations. It was roast chicken, vegetables and a nice desert. There was also excellent bus transportation that Aston Gardens provided that took residents to places like Publix and the Coral Square Mall.My grandpa passes away after two years of living there, but his experience was satisfactory, both for him and our whole family

Independent Living Reviews for Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons

August 09, 2015

It's been good until now. Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons is just beautiful. The grounds are beautiful and well taken care of as well as the apartments. We've had no issues there. He has a one-bedroom with a full kitchen. It's three meals a day that are nutritious. They have activities all day long, but my father doesn't take advantage of them.

June 15, 2015

By Karen107488750

Aston Gardens is a higher end with a more luxurious feeling type of location. It feels like a well-appointed cruise ship. The staff that gave us a tour was excellent. We met a few people along the way, and everyone was friendly and approachable. For the independent living side, it had a beautiful apartment. There was a distinct difference between the independent living and the assisted living. For the independent living, they were lovely apartments, which were beautifully maintained, roomy, and very nice. The assisted living was in a separate building. It is very well staffed and well maintained but with a much more institutional feeling. They had many activities, but I did not observe any. I saw all the different rooms, and I know they have frequent educational speakers and shows as well as exercise classes and other health related activities. Their dining area was setup like a fancy restaurant. Everything was clean, and they have a shuttle service so that you can call for transportation from your building to the restaurant, which was very nice. For the independent living side, the apartments were very appealing and roomy. It feels like a high end condominium.

April 22, 2015

By Fran18

I have already signed a lease at Aston Gardens. I picked up the keys yesterday. I am not sure when I will be moving in, but the atmosphere is really nice. It is lively. It is not one of these places where nothing goes on. They seem to have a lot of activities, and the staff is really nice. It seems really homey. I like it a lot. They have wide screened in balconies.

September 29, 2014

By Betty99541150

Aston Gardens is not only beautiful but I love living here. If someone should ask “What do you love about Aston Gardens” I would reply – “Everything”.

September 24, 2014

By Gary40

Aston Gardens is very nice. It is a good location. Parkland is 10 minutes from where I live. Aston Gardens has access to activities. They have buses and entertainment. It is a nice community. That's why we put my mother there. My mother lives by herself there. With regards to the room, it is probably the largest square footage in the independent community. They have music, entertainment, movies, and lectures for activities. The staff is extremely helpful and they're very understanding. They have very good staff there. When you need to get anywhere in the community, they'll send the bus. They'll shuttle you around, which is very nice.

September 22, 2014

By Stanley3

After spending 1 year here, we are very happy with the help, the services and the facilities!

April 29, 2014

Aston Gardens is a more of a larger facility with separate buildings around the lake. It's got more intensive grounds, which is very nice. The place is very clean and very well-manned. Their menu is quite extensive, but the facility is also expensive. The staff were very professional.

December 20, 2013

By Debbie M1

Impeccably clean. Very classy staff. Beautiful dining room and private dining room! Very friendly and organized. Eaten there more than several times and it is definitely fine dining. Health care immediate. From small to apts. with 1,600 square feet including the porch. Just gorgeous. My husband (75 years old) and I are signing up this Sunday to wait for an large condo there. We can't wait!

July 31, 2013

By Mark20

My mom used to be at Aston Gardens. It was a nice facility in a secluded area. My mom had a one-bedroom apartment with a living room and a little kitchen area. Their food was typical institutional food. They had sing-along, a few shows, old movies, bingo and occasionally they had someone who lectured to them. My mom was in the assisted-living, but they were more geared towards their independent-living. I didn't like the care that she was getting there. They isolated her from the rest of the community. She was hospitalized because of a seizure problem and since then she became worse so we moved her. I thought they were happy that we moved her out of there. I would not recommend them to somebody else.

Costs for Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons

• Pool

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses

About Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons

Located in the city of Parkland, on the east coast of Florida, Aston Gardens At Parkland Commons exudes a country elegance and park-like charm that fits wonderfully within this area of the Sunshine State. Residents in America's award- winning senior-living community enjoy easy access to shopping, performing arts, cultural programs, dining, golf, medical facilities, and religious services. Aston Gardens is perfect for seniors who want an active, healthy, happy and carefree lifestyle. You'll find luxury rental apartments for independent living, and for those who prefer more personal everyday care, our assisted-living suites may be best. Either way, you will enjoy a variety of fun activities, the utmost in quality service from our highly qualified professional staff, and delicious chef-prepared gourmet meals. Family members are always welcome to join in the fun, and small pets are OK too!

As a new resident in an independent living home at Aston Gardens, you can lock in your monthly rental rate for three full years with the Aston Gardens Peace of Mind Rent Protection Guarantee. Be sure to speak with a Senior Lifestyle Counselor to get the latest details on the program. Also, ask about the Aston Gardens Home-Sellers Assistance Program, an innovative new opportunity to help you begin enjoying life at Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons while your home is being sold. For the ultimate in carefree living, choose Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons, America's award-winning senior-living community in sunny Florida.

Map of Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons