Superior Residences of Lecanto Lecanto, FL

Reviews of Superior Residences of Lecanto

Memory Care Reviews for Superior Residences of Lecanto

July 15, 2016

By MD4E

By FAR the prettiest of the facilities we looked at. Set up more like a nice hotel than a care facility. Nothing "medical" about it. No stark white floors or hospital-like vibe. Very pretty and immaculately clean. The staff is kind for the most part. More supervision is needed, as the residents have "free roam" and things can happen in the halls when there are no aides or nurses nearby. This is troubling. There is very little to do here. One activity per day, then the rest of the time the residents are on their own, watching TV or wandering around. I do wish there were more stimulation and "stuff" for the residents to do. It would be simple to add fun items for the residents to engage with on their own. The staff is open to suggestions.....it's just frustrating that they don't do more to engage the people that they care for. That said....none of these places are perfect. And this may be the best of them. PROS: Sparkling clean, no odors, Residents can have their own furniture and decor and familiar things in their rooms. Lovely courtyard accessible at all times. Pretty plants, tables, umbrellas, well cared-for grounds. Food is good Easy to reach staff who are open to talking during rough times They will alter "procedure" to accomodate the needs of your loved one. Flexible in that way. CONS: Just one activity per day. Too much free time for residents, much of it unsupervised. Lots of turnover with staff More training is needed for the aides in dealing with patients with memory loss and the unique challenges that this illness involves. More compassion is needed by some of the staff. Though this was an exception, not the rule.

September 12, 2014

At Superior Residences, they have private rooms and double rooms, they have a lot of activities, and they have good food. Their rooms are good size and they have a private bathroom. Each room has its own air-conditioning. The staff seems to be pretty good. They have a couple of news ones, but they seem to be okay. They take the residents out once a week somewhere to a park or something or out to eat. They have entertainment coming in. Tomorrow, there is a music group coming in. They seem to be pretty active. They keep them pretty busy. We had my wife in three different places and this is by far the best of all of them. They seem to have everything pretty much covered. The facility is well designed because you can go out into a courtyard anytime you want and it is within the building. The building is like square and the courtyard is in the middle, so you can go out. This was one thing I was looking out because I wanted my wife to get some fresh air and be outside. They have very good meals. My wife gained weight since she has been there.

April 09, 2014

By Jerry31

Superior Residences was able to keep my father-in-law all the way through the end. The staff was the most excellent bunch of people we've ever had to deal with. The rooms are absolutely beautiful. It's clean, new, and nice. They have a bunch of activities. But my father-in-law went in there with lung cancer and a little bit of dementia, so he was unable to take advantage of a lot of the activities. But I know they had bingo, entertainment, and pets visiting.

May 11, 2013

By caring4559

Superior Residences just opened up when I visited. It's a beautiful place that didn't have many people yet because it's brand new. I'm very impressed with it, but their price was too expensive and beyond my budget. If I could afford it, I'd probably have my wife in there.

May 08, 2013

By Pie Girl

You feel comfortable with this facility the moment you step through the front door. The staff is absolutely the best.. Genuine and caring. The residents were singing on the bus when I walked by. No hospital environment ... Just happy, smiling people. Highly recommend anyone to see for themselves.

April 18, 2013

By Maria12

My doctor suggested that I visit Superior Residences. I went there and the place was brand new and wonderful. The rooms were clean and nice. The people were top notch. I would probably choose the facility if I decided to stay in one.
See all Memory Care reviews (14) See fewer reviews

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: Assisted Living Facility License #12256

About Superior Residences of Lecanto

Our community presents a just-like-home atmosphere, emphasizing the most important component of living arrangements – safety. Our community is designed specifically for those with memory care needs, providing not only an uncomplicated and easy-to-maneuver physical floor plan with cozy décor, but also a safe haven for your loved one. Each of our memory care rooms are strategically designed for the comfort of your loved ones. Regardless of which floor plan you choose, each can be personalized with items that are familiar and comforting.

Superior Residences programs are individually customized to encompass the core ideas of family, comfort and new experiences, with the intent of becoming an “extended-family” for your loved ones. We are committed to providing an environment that is compassionate and caring; a place where individuality and belonging coexist.

Map of Superior Residences of Lecanto