South Windsor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

1 Review Write a review

Nursing Home Reviews for South Windsor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

December 13, 2011

By NuitLouve

My father was in this nursing home after he had a stroke. They took very good care of his diabetic needs and emotional needs. The nurses were very nice and helpful every time I visited. He was never in the same place for long because they had adequate lifts to handle tall wide people. They bathed him often even though it wasn't an easy feat due to his size. Because of the way he was taken care of, he had very good report with the staff. Next to the facility are horse stables, and my father's room had a view of their horse paddocks only 10 feet away. They also have a garden out back with rose bushes and a patio with furniture for residents and visitors to sit on. There are no fences around the property to keep residents in or people out, but it lends a sense of hominess rather than being in a prison. The facility also is in touch with some of the local churches that provide bussing for residents to go to their churches, even if they have a physical difficulty like needing a wheel chair to get around. Also the people from the church would visit residents throughout the week. When my father passed away at the facility, the residents were helpful in getting my father's belongings together in a timely manner so we could figure out what to bury him in. I am very grateful that he was at such a caring facility. I have only good memories of my father and I there.

About South Windsor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

South Windsor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a senior living provider in South Windsor, Connecticut that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact South Windsor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of South Windsor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center