Evergreen Woods North Branford, CT

Independent Living Reviews for Evergreen Woods

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Evergreen Woods

May 15, 2020

By impressed45

With one parent in the Health Center and another in their apartment, I have a broad persepective on the health care and social services at Evergreen Woods. The Health Center (nursing home) is simply outstanding. I had this impression before COVID-19, with nurses, physicians, aides, dietary workers, physical therapists, and recreation professionals who provide excellent care with compassion. Furthermore, Health Center staff has gone above and beyond to help families remain in touch with our loved ones in the Health Center, whom we cannot see during the pandemic. Outside of the Health Center, EW has provided extra services to residents living in their own apartments during the pandemic to help them remain safe and deal with the strains of social - such as food delivery, tech support, and even plant pickups from nearby nurseries. Transportation, concierge, engineering, dining staff, health care aides, RN staff - all know and care about my parents. Finally, in addition to managing in a pandemic, Blair, the ED, has done an extraordinary job of communicating with families throug this crisis.

May 14, 2020

By NickiD

Living at Evergreen woods is like living in a hotel- it's beautifully maintained. The staffing and amenities are top notch. The health care wing could use a face lift, but as far as the care itself (where it counts most) they are the best around.

May 13, 2020

By DaughterOfaStar

The ongoing COVID virus pandemic is truly the hardest test any senior facility would ever have to take. It is lasting for months. Miraculously, everyone in Evergreen Woods is still testing negative as of mid-May. My mother has lived there since 2008 and seen the management change. The old management was good, and...so is the new management! They provide wonderful sympathy plus good science to solving the problem of keeping everyone healthy. I can no longer visit, but I will report that the apartments are cheerful, well-lit, and well laid out. The meals in the dining room are delicious and carefully prepared. The staff must like their jobs, because they stay on for the long run--I know many of them by name. When her washing machine seemed to be broken, a guy stopped in and took the time to find out that she was putting the wrong amount of detergent in, and that no mechanical problems existed, saving everyone a lot of money and inconvenience. The pool was my mother's favorite feature until the virus forced its shutdown. My sisters and I all agree that Evergreen Woods is taking excellent care of our mom.

May 03, 2020

By Evelyne Ryan

My mother moved to Evergreen Woods in 2014 and it was the best decision. We chose EW because it had continuing care – she would never have to move again – and because of the grounds and common areas, and, for her, an apartment with its own garden area so she could continue her loved activity. The property is well cared for, inside and out. She hated to leave her home community but everyone was so welcoming at EW, that she soon began to make new friendships and has fully enjoyed all the activities offered. I think of it as College for Seniors! The most important thing is that she feels safe and well cared for, while still maintaining independent living. If she needs help, it’s there for her which is also reassuring for her family. After a knee replacement, she did her rehab in the nursing area, which is also well maintained and staffed. The staff and management are very professional and caring. It is a truly positive place – all questions are met with a smile and interactions are friendly. We are now in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic. The management wisely enforced a shut down quickly and began providing daily activities and information both via email and their own in network TV. Management communicates with residents, staff and family members on a daily basis, updating and amplifying precautions as needed. For this population this is critical and I am grateful for their care. While it means that we cannot visit for now, this is for the safety of all and I would not want it any other way.

March 26, 2020

By Roseanne

My husband and I commend you on having such a smooth transition at Evergreen to provide safety for all the residents and staff there. It gives us peace of mind to know that every possible, realistic effort is being made to ensure safety for everyone, whether employee or resident. We both understand what a huge undertaking this is to put these measures in place at this difficult time. Thank you and stay safe.

February 11, 2020

By RT4

February 11, 2020 I am a very recent and active member of the Evergreen Woods community. I had lived in Branford for 45 years and felt very comfortable moving to the next town over. My experience thus far has been nothing short of amazing in all aspects of services, friendliness of all the residents and dining. The staff in all areas of service “aim to please” and I have not encountered any hesitation on anything requested. The activities are numerous from swimming, fitness center, card and board games, puzzle making, theater, movies, local grocery outings, and the enjoyment of participating in the newest rage of the game pickleball. I cannot wait for spring to take advantage of what will be blooming, both in the garden, on the hiking trail and new adventures to be pursued.

July 15, 2019

By Glenn Batter

My mother moved into evergreen woods last year. It was the best move she’s made in years. Everyone there is very friendly and respectful. Even though she hasn’t been there very long, the employees are almost like family. I would highly recommend Evergreen Woods to anyone looking for a great place to retire to. Sincerely, Glenn Batter

January 04, 2019

By nmpass

The layout of the community is such that it is not necessary to go outdoors to meet with other members in the community. The community is serviced in its entirety indoors so when there is inclement weather one does not have to go outside. Evergreen Woods has an outstanding pool and hot tub. The area used for exercising is quite adequate. Meals are consumed in a wonderful and well appointed dining room.

Hello, nmpass! Thank you for taking the time to review our community! Having all of our amenities, dining and wellness connected throughout the hallways in our community makes it very easy to be able to enjoy a fresh breakfast, activities and classes on those cold wintery days without going outside! We’re so happy to provide this for you among all of the other amazing resort-style amenities of our community! We’re very grateful that you’ve chose to live with us at Evergreen Woods and appreciate the excellent feedback. Thank You! – The Team at Evergreen Woods

December 30, 2018

By Margot Clark

My parents moved to an apartment in Brewster at Evergreen Woods in 1993. They were active in many Resident Committees such as the Pool Committee, the Concert Series Committee and the Resident Council. My father enjoyed working in the Store; my mom swam every day; both loved the EW Concert Series concerts and the many other musical performances and the nature walks on the EW campus. My parents made such good friends at EW and over the years, they became our friends as well since we got to know them during our many visits. Our daughter was born the year my parents moved in and she says that an important part of her life was EW – visiting her grandparents, of course, but also seeing the staff and other residents who became dear friends. I could write at length about many positive features of Evergreen Woods, but I want to focus on the high-quality care my parents each received at the end of their life in Health Center. The staff were kind, responsive, gentle, patient, knowledgeable and go out of their way to take care of the residents. The Health Center doctor, then Dr. Miller and now Dr. Campobianco, is onsite 3.5 days a week which is unusual but so important both for the patient and for the family. Dr. Campobianco was a tremendous support for me as my mom was failing. The Health Center has a full schedule of activities which include music, memory games and chair exercises, etc. Residents are encouraged to participate at whatever level they are able. Weather permitting activities are held outside in a lovely patio area. The dining room is such a pleasant room with lots of windows, cloth tablecloths, and napkins. All different diets and food needs can be accommodated and guests are always welcomed. There is a private dining area for special dinners which we used many times when my dad was in the Health Center. It was so special to have family dinners. Every person who cared for each of my parents was wonderful and helped my family and me tremendously. I highly Evergreen Woods.

Hi, Margot - Thank you for taking the time to write such a great overview of your parents time at Evergreen Woods. We are so happy that the team and community brought so much joy to you and your parents. We are continually working to help our Members are living longer, healthier, happier lives at Evergreen Woods. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our community! – The Team at Evergreen Woods
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (14) See fewer reviews

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Evergreen Woods

evergreenwoods.com

North Branford’s Premier Retirement Community

Experience luxury senior living at Evergreen Woods of North Branford, Connecticut.

Members of our community enjoy premier accommodations, robust social programming, restaurant-style fine dining, industry-leading care services, and an award-winning wellness program. Most importantly, our community is built for our Members, and everything we do is geared toward helping them live Longer, Healthier, Happier lives.

As a Life Care community, Evergreen Woods takes care of our Members throughout the entire journey of aging. Our living options include Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing. We also offer Short-Term Rehab Services on site. This means that unlike other communities, our Members never have to worry about moving again. They will be taken care of no matter how their needs change.

Our Senior Living Options

Independent Living: Independent Living is designed for seniors who benefit from a maintenance-free lifestyle but need little to no outside assistance. Our Independent Living community offers both cottage homes and villa apartments.

Assisted Living: Assisted Living provides Members assistance with the activities of daily living (ADLs) in an environment geared toward maximizing their independence. Our Members receive personalized care focused on their individual needs and goals.

Skilled Nursing: Skilled Nursing provides Members with person-centered support from a team of top-tier medical professionals. We offer around-the-clock care and monitoring, as well as uncompromising attention to Member needs, in an elegant environment.

Short-Term Rehab: Short-Term Rehab offers Members extraordinary results in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services allows us to achieve outcomes that exceed the national average.

Our dedicated team members have a proven track record for success and know the importance of establishing a lifestyle that allows members to live longer, happier, healthier lives. Our number one goal is to provide an environment that encourages an independent lifestyle for all our members.

Map of Evergreen Woods