Evergreen Woods North Branford, CT

Reviews of Evergreen Woods

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Evergreen Woods

March 25, 2020

By Tom Lewy

Excellent staff. It is so important to say to all the employees just how grateful we are for their service and attention to us. We can’t tell you how relieved we are to have moved here and to realize the pressures all our staff is under. We need to tell them a large large BRAVO for everything they are doing.

February 11, 2020

By RT4

February 11, 2020 I am a very recent and active member of the Evergreen Woods community. I had lived in Branford for 45 years and felt very comfortable moving to the next town over. My experience thus far has been nothing short of amazing in all aspects of services, friendliness of all the residents and dining. The staff in all areas of service “aim to please” and I have not encountered any hesitation on anything requested. The activities are numerous from swimming, fitness center, card and board games, puzzle making, theater, movies, local grocery outings, and the enjoyment of participating in the newest rage of the game pickleball. I cannot wait for spring to take advantage of what will be blooming, both in the garden, on the hiking trail and new adventures to be pursued.

August 22, 2019

By Iris Kuerbitz

I have lived here 2 years. Previously I lived in Branford 14 years and my husband died within 2 years of our move here. I continued to live in my home until health issues became apparent . My 4 children, with my daughter in Branford, agreed I should move to a place where help was available. After some searching we decided that Evergreen Woods was ideal for I could still be independent, but when more assistance became necessary it would be available. I have been happy here. The grounds are beautiful and are always well maintained. I have enjoyed the exercise activities and continue to participate as much as I am able..A pool is definitely an advantage and I am able to use it for resistance walking. Meals are served in a beautiful dining room. Residents are seated at tables of 1-6 persons. Special events are regularly planned, off campus trips are frequent to places of interest or musical events, especially at nearby Yale in New Haven. Top-rated concerts are scheduled every year. All the staff, administration and services, are friendly and helpful. The residents, as well, are friendly and willing to help in any way that they can. Over time I have made many friends. Evergreen Woods is, indeed, fine place to live.

July 15, 2019

By Glenn Batter

My mother moved into evergreen woods last year. It was the best move she’s made in years. Everyone there is very friendly and respectful. Even though she hasn’t been there very long, the employees are almost like family. I would highly recommend Evergreen Woods to anyone looking for a great place to retire to. Sincerely, Glenn Batter

March 22, 2019

By William Baskin

The truly unique feature of Evergreen Woods is its pervasive atmosphere of happiness and friendliness. My wife Judith and I were attracted by this when we were exploring retirement communities, and we have been enjoying it on a continuing basis as residents for seven months now. Every resident and staff worker is openly and genuinely happy and friendly whenever and wherever our paths cross. This has to be based on the beauty and functionality of the buildings and their facilities, and on the comprehensiveness of the care and service that the staff are proudly providing. Just a few examples: --The Dining facilities are a beautiful, spacious, first-class restaurant and a cozy clubroom bar, with four-star service; and full lunches and dinners can also be delivered to your apartment whenever that better suits your health or schedule. The Monthly Service Fee includes a dining credit that covers most of your dining charges. - And there is a Country Store where your other food – and living – necessities can be purchased. - And the Country Store sits next to a Beauty Salon. - The Fitness Center features every kind of exercise machine and equipment; and the indoor Swimming Pool is spacious and surrounded by a large, comfortable deck. Both are served by locker rooms with showers and complementary towel supplies. - Residents who favor outdoor fitness have beautiful woodland hiking trails, and/or can create their personal garden plots. - Comfortable guest suites accommodate visiting friends and relatives. - A good-sized meeting room is close to your apartment, and is available for gatherings of friends and relatives for celebrations and buffet-dining, with catered food and appropriate furniture imported for each occasion, should you need it. And, of course, these facilities and their staffing invite and trigger an avalanche of happy and friendly activities by a talented and knowledgeable population of residents, whose interesting careers, vocations and avocations prompt them to plan and participate in community, entertainment and educational committees, games and recreational programs, social gatherings, outings and trips that just fill everyone’s calendar.

January 08, 2019

By Tom and Gloria Hughart

We have lived here for a month, but we started thinking about it 5 years ago and 5 years ago we were not ready. Now we wish we would have come sooner. Moving here brought our family together and was so carefully planned that we had minimal stress. Now we feel stress free! The staff and residents are so friendly and helpful. We get to exercise everyday and can enjoy meals meeting new friends and acquaintances. We enjoy all of the activities, exercise classes, trips, lectures, discussions, and concerts. After living somewhere for 60 years, we feel this is a new adventure for us.

January 04, 2019

By nmpass

The layout of the community is such that it is not necessary to go outdoors to meet with other members in the community. The community is serviced in its entirety indoors so when there is inclement weather one does not have to go outside. Evergreen Woods has an outstanding pool and hot tub. The area used for exercising is quite adequate. Meals are consumed in a wonderful and well appointed dining room.

Hello, nmpass! Thank you for taking the time to review our community! Having all of our amenities, dining and wellness connected throughout the hallways in our community makes it very easy to be able to enjoy a fresh breakfast, activities and classes on those cold wintery days without going outside! We’re so happy to provide this for you among all of the other amazing resort-style amenities of our community! We’re very grateful that you’ve chose to live with us at Evergreen Woods and appreciate the excellent feedback. Thank You! – The Team at Evergreen Woods

December 30, 2018

By Margot Clark

My parents moved to an apartment in Brewster at Evergreen Woods in 1993. They were active in many Resident Committees such as the Pool Committee, the Concert Series Committee and the Resident Council. My father enjoyed working in the Store; my mom swam every day; both loved the EW Concert Series concerts and the many other musical performances and the nature walks on the EW campus. My parents made such good friends at EW and over the years, they became our friends as well since we got to know them during our many visits. Our daughter was born the year my parents moved in and she says that an important part of her life was EW – visiting her grandparents, of course, but also seeing the staff and other residents who became dear friends. I could write at length about many positive features of Evergreen Woods, but I want to focus on the high-quality care my parents each received at the end of their life in Health Center. The staff were kind, responsive, gentle, patient, knowledgeable and go out of their way to take care of the residents. The Health Center doctor, then Dr. Miller and now Dr. Campobianco, is onsite 3.5 days a week which is unusual but so important both for the patient and for the family. Dr. Campobianco was a tremendous support for me as my mom was failing. The Health Center has a full schedule of activities which include music, memory games and chair exercises, etc. Residents are encouraged to participate at whatever level they are able. Weather permitting activities are held outside in a lovely patio area. The dining room is such a pleasant room with lots of windows, cloth tablecloths, and napkins. All different diets and food needs can be accommodated and guests are always welcomed. There is a private dining area for special dinners which we used many times when my dad was in the Health Center. It was so special to have family dinners. Every person who cared for each of my parents was wonderful and helped my family and me tremendously. I highly Evergreen Woods.

Hi, Margot - Thank you for taking the time to write such a great overview of your parents time at Evergreen Woods. We are so happy that the team and community brought so much joy to you and your parents. We are continually working to help our Members are living longer, healthier, happier lives at Evergreen Woods. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our community! – The Team at Evergreen Woods

December 21, 2018

By pathloser

Heidi & I have been residents at Evergreen Woods for about six years and are very happy here. I would like to relate to two pleasant surprises. One morning we woke up to a blizzard, we could go to breakfast in our short sleeves and watch the snow outside through the enclosed walkway windows. When we went on our first shopping trip, we wondered how we were going to carry our things from the car to the apartment. It was then that we realized what the red wagons at each doorway were for. It is the little things at Evergreen Woods that you don’t always appreciate until you need them. Ernie & Heidi Busch

Hello, Ernie and Heidi! We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that your time at Evergreen Woods has been so excellent! The weather in Connecticut does get a bit cold and snowy during the winter and having the option to leave your home in short sleeves to enjoy breakfast is the retirement lifestyle we love to provide. We’re very grateful that you’ve chose to live with us at Evergreen Woods and appreciate the excellent feedback. Thank You! – The Team at Evergreen Woods

May 22, 2018

By Joy and Stanley Flink

One of the unquantifiable attributes of Evergreen Woods is the willingness of the Management to listen and to talk. Residents learn early on that the people who run the place are genuinely interested in solving problems, hearing about what needs fixing, and seriously making improvements. At every level of daily life, in what has become for each of us a new home, there is an atmosphere of collaboration. It is a vital part of recovery, comfort, and happiness in our senior years. Gratefully, Joy and Stanley Flink

Hi Joy and Stanley – Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We appreciate your feedback and are so happy that you both chose to live at Evergreen Woods. Our community works best when our Members and Leadership work together and we’re happy to have such an open dialogue between the two. We’re always looking to improve the lifestyle that our Members enjoy and since they’re such an integral part of our community, we’d happy to accept feedback and offer opportunities to evolve and change. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review for us, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director with any questions. Thank You! – The Evergreen Woods Team

August 14, 2011

By Susan D

Other

Very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (19) See fewer reviews

Photos of Evergreen Woods

Services and Amenities of Evergreen Woods

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Evergreen Woods

evergreen-woods.com

North Branford’s Premier Retirement Community

Experience luxury senior living at Evergreen Woods of North Branford, Connecticut.

Members of our community enjoy premier accommodations, robust social programming, restaurant-style fine dining, industry-leading care services, and an award-winning wellness program. Most importantly, our community is built for our Members, and everything we do is geared toward helping them live Longer, Healthier, Happier lives.

As a Life Care community, Evergreen Woods takes care of our Members throughout the entire journey of aging. Our living options include Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing. We also offer Short-Term Rehab Services on site. This means that unlike other communities, our Members never have to worry about moving again. They will be taken care of no matter how their needs change.

Our Senior Living Options

Independent Living: Independent Living is designed for seniors who benefit from a maintenance-free lifestyle but need little to no outside assistance. Our Independent Living community offers both cottage homes and villa apartments.

Assisted Living: Assisted Living provides Members assistance with the activities of daily living (ADLs) in an environment geared toward maximizing their independence. Our Members receive personalized care focused on their individual needs and goals.

Skilled Nursing: Skilled Nursing provides Members with person-centered support from a team of top-tier medical professionals. We offer around-the-clock care and monitoring, as well as uncompromising attention to Member needs, in an elegant environment.

Short-Term Rehab: Short-Term Rehab offers Members extraordinary results in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services allows us to achieve outcomes that exceed the national average.

Our dedicated team members have a proven track record for success and know the importance of establishing a lifestyle that allows members to live longer, happier, healthier lives. Our number one goal is to provide an environment that encourages an independent lifestyle for all our members.

Map of Evergreen Woods