Brookdale Ocean House

Reviews of Brookdale Ocean House

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Ocean House

April 22, 2015

By Lauren12

My parent is in Brookdale Santa Monica, and it seems to be a good fit for what we are looking for. It is in a good location, and the amenities are the kinds of things that we are looking for. All of the staff has been very nice. The apartment is nice, and everyone is happy with it. We try the food, and mom thinks it is OK. They have options for her, which is really good, and there's an option with anyone who wants to eat with them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It's not like an extraordinary menu by any means, but it's edible. We chose it because it is short term. We want something short term to try out, and there is no deposit, so that is also a bonus. Its location is amazing for us because it's very close to where we live so that's great. However, I think the food can be better. Like I say it is edible, but it is not anything to get excited about.

March 31, 2015

By Marco1

Brookdale Santa Monica was a beautiful place, but a little expensive. It had more of an organization with a little more formula in what they do with the people than just the room they put you in. It was more like a dormitory from a housing point of view. They're exceptional in their activities.

October 31, 2014

I think the Ocean house has a beautiful view of Santa Monica pier, the ocean and the beach and everything. It seemed very clean and nice, and they seemed to be good to the patients. It seemed to have more than the other places and the people I had contact with seemed nice.

June 10, 2014

What I love about Ocean House are the views and that the rooms are large. The community room is gorgeous. It has a library, books, and a view of the ocean. There are balconies off the rooms and in the rooms; it’s like one wall with glass looking out on the ocean. It is gorgeous. The lady who took me around was very knowledgeable, very nice, very interested in my mom and dad. Everyone we encountered, from the receptionist to the staff, was friendly and nice. Even the people who lived there came up and were talking to me, and everybody was smiling. It was just very nice.

August 26, 2013

By Audrey7

My parents are in Ocean House. It is the best place. They are very sweet, kind and they really love my parents. They take good care of them. They have been there two or three months now and they really enjoy it. It has the view of the Pacific and it's like you're in Hawaii.

December 03, 2012

By SUGABEAT

I love the facility. It is in an area that is convenient to everyone. As you arrive you have very nice parking available. I liked the greeters when you first arrive who make you feel at home. Everyone had a smile and gave a tour of the place. It seemed that everyone in the place had an activity to do. Some just watched tv and others were all engaged with one another. I've seen many homes, but I was delighted by this one.

October 10, 2011

By Michael F.

The Ocean House (managed by Brookdale Living) was right on the Santa Monica beach... which makes this a place that I hope to retire in one day. :) The building was very tall - which makes for a great view from the top floor windows. The food looked amazing (and my client said that "it tastes great too"). The interior was well-decorated and clean - and didn't have the musty smell like a lot of elderly care facilities have. The staff were friendly and very helpful - it seemed more like a Hilton Hotel than any type of elderly center. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in the LA / Santa Monica area.

Photos of Brookdale Ocean House

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Ocean House

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym, Putting Green, Library That Overlooks The Ocean On The 10th Floor

• Nurse On Staff: On Site 8 Hrs./Day, 7 Days/Wk, And On Call 24/7

Types of care

• Light Housekeeping

• State Licenses: 198204758

About Brookdale Ocean House

Brookdale Ocean House provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Ocean view balconies. Fine Dining all day. Outdoor Patio located on 10th floor with a beautiful view.

Map of Brookdale Ocean House