Pacifica Senior Living Modesto

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Modesto

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Modesto

November 08, 2017

By Kristi

Pacifica Senior Living Modesto was clean and spacious. The person who assisted me was friendly. The facility was nice and better than some.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

March 12, 2017

By amikm1

I'm not sure about this place just yet. I have only visited a few times but each time I came they had no activities going on which was something that alot of people said they had going on here. In the common room they have a few couches that were filthy. I'm mean dirty with stains that make you feel uncomfortable to sit on. Cushions were missing off the couches and the coffee table was broken and loose. There is alot of broken things there that is sitting out in the "outdoor garden" area like a out of service soda machine and a valance from inside that fell off the window there is some kind of pile of wood or dirt that is covered with a tarp that seems very unsafe for some folks that are there walking around. There are plaques and things ripped off the wall and not repaired and when I was there they had just cleaned the floors and they were sticky with every step. The staff seem nice but short staffed and definitely not able to watch after all the residents that are there. Each time I visited my loved one was sitting in a wheelchair staring at a paper table placemat. It seems like they are just moving them along like a school cafeteria with no feeling are caring. Like I said I have yet to see any activities going on besides residents wandering around and not knowing what to do. All the residents rooms are locked from the outside and they cannot get back into them unless they activist which is weird. The rooms are cramped and there are 4 people to one room which is strange because the website says they only have double and single rooms. It is very hard to see my loved one here as well as others going through this and do not wish this on anyone. I was told they are getting new furnishings but have not seen it as of yet.

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective and review. The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Modesto take our reviews very seriously. We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director at (209) 846-2185. We hope to hear from you to resolve this matter.

February 11, 2017

By Lori783012

Pacifica Senior Living Modesto was a very nice place. It is at the higher end price-wise, but this is one of the ones we have been considering. It was a very clean and large place with an activities director and brochures, and it looked like a giant cruise ship kind of in a weird way. And I think that was the idea, which was non-personable to me, but my mother might have loved to think she was on a cruise because she has dementia, so it might not have been a bad fit. They have a lot of activities. They were very professional, the place was clean, and it was very professionally run. For a little on the higher-end, not outrageous, it would have been my first choice as well as one of my other family members. If you have the money, you could feel confident that your parent or loved one would be comfortable there. They have different little sections, and they give them different names, so with my mother’ dementia she would have been in a certain section. They had a nice combo room, which was like a Jack and Jill -- so it was still considered a double -- but you just shared a bathroom and the rooms were not directly connected. The set up was very nice, and the staff was very nice. Just personally for me, it was the opposite of feeling like going into somebody’s home; you are going to a nice, well-run, well-lit and clean, and lots of activities kind of feel place. It’s a different sort of setup. It looked nice and the setup was nice.

Lori, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

December 07, 2016

By Rodney820310

We toured Pacifica Senior Living Modesto, and I really liked that place. It was the best place I toured. It had more of a comfort for my mom's situation. The person that assisted us gave a good tour of the place. There were a lot of activities going on. Everything was nice and clean. Everybody was nice and friendly.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

September 29, 2016

By G. Rose 1234

I visited this community and liked the home like atmosphere and the smell of popcorn . There were residents in activities that looked like they were enjoying themselves and the others that were not attending looked comfortable with their feet up watching T.V. The community looked in good order and the administrator spoke of remodels. I will be touring again, when we are ready to move my grandma in.

Thanks for the review, G. Rose. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Modesto. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Did you know that we have a Facebook page? We post images so you can see what your loved one is up to during the week. It is a fun way for families to stay involved.

August 31, 2015

My mother was at Pacifica. We chose it because we knew somebody else who had been there. The facility was fine. The staff was fine too. They were helpful. My mother was in a shared room. The rooms were good. Pacifica just seemed a clean, nice place. My mother had been there for three weeks only. It was a good place.

March 27, 2015

I also visited Pacifica Senior Living Modesto, and I actually liked it. I would have chosen it if the other facility had not come up. The big problem with Pacifica is the rooms were tiny. I wouldn't have been able to get much of dad's furniture in there. They might have larger rooms, but they didn't have any single rooms. They only have what I would call a split room. You walk into a short hallway and then there were rooms that were split off that were not private from each other. The rooms were really tiny that I couldn't get a bed and one dresser in there. It would be tough to get a chair in there as well. The rooms were rather small, but the common areas were gorgeous. The dining area is very pretty. The staff was very nice and seemed very competent. We had some discussion of my dad's needs, and they seem very knowledgeable. They understood Alzheimer's and all the issues, and I think the staff would have been just fine. When I was there, they had someone in the common area, a lot of people were there, and they were singing songs and doing stuff. The one thing that really stood out positively is that it is a very pretty facility with nice, homey common areas. If you left your room and wanted to go and sit somewhere and read, there were nice places to do that. The staff seemed competent, and they really knew what they were doing.

Caring103998950, we are so happy to read such a great review about Pacifica Senior Living Modesto!

July 08, 2014

By SCARY!!!

Went into the facility unannounced. Nobody at front desk and I could walk straight back to rooms unquestioned. No security in place!!! This place is a safety hazard to all residents. Helloooo its Modesto! It's next to a near empty business park that the homeless have practically taken over...with their security, you might want to think twice! Way Better and Safer with Competent Employees Facilities ELSEWHERE!!!...Don't waste your money!

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Modesto, but will take this opportunity to improve.

May 30, 2014

By Stefanie1

Pacifica Senior was a warehouse. It was very depressing. The staff was very nice and friendly, but none of the residents seemed happy. My sister and I toured it, and we said "Hi" to everybody, and none of them responded when you talked to them because they were advanced in dementia. My father was not that advanced in dementia yet, and so it was not an appropriate place for him. He wouldn't like it there at all. What we did like in Pacifica was that it had several small wards as the residents' living quarters. Then there was one big common area, where they had a living and dining area. However, we went in at meal time, and some of the residents were just sitting there. Some of them had to be fed. There wasn't any interaction between them and the staff because they were just more advanced in dementia than our dad. It just wasn't the right fit. It costs much more, and it was smaller than the place where my dad was. My sister said they could improve on the smell. She has a more highly sensitive sense of smell than me, and she said it smelled like pee.

Stefanie1, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location.
See all Memory Care reviews (17) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Modesto

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Modesto offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Modesto use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Modesto keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Modesto. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Situated in California's beautiful Central Valley, Pacifica Senior Living Modesto offers full-service memory care programs, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Modesto affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with all local hospitals. We are conveniently located near Memorial Medical Center and Doctor's Medical Center.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Modesto

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Modesto

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Modesto

• Pharma

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Get Costs

About Pacifica Senior Living Modesto

Pacifica Senior Living Modesto offers a unique floor plan with four suite styles that is exclusive in the Central Valley. Our approach is designed to provide the right amount of assistance while encouraging maximum independence through a personalized care plan and enriching activities. Pacifica Modesto staffs a nurse 7 days a week which also makes our community an option for insulin dependent residents needing Memory Care. We are committed to supporting our communities, residents and the families we serve.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Modesto