Sunrise of Huntington Beach

7401 Yorktown Avenue, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Sunrise of Huntington Beach (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 19 days

5% off select rooms Rate lock until 2022 Potential to waive $3,500 move in fee.

Reviews of Sunrise of Huntington Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Huntington Beach

May 10, 2016

By Janetta, RNFTCAN

We absolutely adored Sunrise. If my father-in-law could have been there, we would have been so happy. It was so clean and well kept, and we loved the rooms. There was not one thing that we didn’t like. It was absolutely perfect. The residents looked happy. I looked around very carefully and everybody seemed very well cared for and happy, and that’s the biggest thing you want. I just didn’t have anything negative to say. I liked the location, the park nearby, and the staff. The common dining room was beautiful. In fact, if it ever turned out that he wanted to come down here, I would absolutely have him go to Sunrise. He’s literally seven minutes from me, and we would love that. It just didn’t fit.

February 29, 2016

By Sue104637950

I visited Sunrise of Huntington Beach. The staff was very nice, but there weren’t too much activities there. The rooms and the dining area were all fine, but not as good as the other facility. They did have a restaurant-type dining room, but it was sparse.

December 20, 2015

By Veta

Sunrise of Huntington Beach was really clean, immaculate on the inside, very homey as if you're in a wonderful cottage, and had a lot of furniture nicely appointed throughout the facility. It was a little pricey for larger rooms, but they're nicely appointed and very pretty. They had studios and pricier suites. The staff was very nice, very friendly, and very knowledgeable. There were quite a number of activities and a bus that took clients on trips. They also had memory care programs in case you're having difficulty with your memory. They had a wonderful dining room setup. It wasn't just one dining room -- it was setup in small and large sections. They had an active clientele, but they did seem to be older.

July 28, 2015

By Leslie46

The staff was really friendly, and the residents seemed very happy. The food was good. They had a lot of activities including a walk on the hill. The grounds were really pretty. The rooms were big, very new, and well kept up. The one I really noticed was the walking group. It seems very dedicated, and they walk everyday. They had a garden in the back with a hill that they walk up and down on. They had a full calendar of activities. They also had bus tours up and down the coast so you could see the beach. The security was very good. Everything was covered with cameras. If my father had come to California, he would have gone to Sunrise of Huntington Beach. They knew all the residents by name. I had lunch there, and they really interacted with the residents a lot. A lot of the staff had been there for many years, and they had developed real care for the place and the residents.

October 30, 2014

By Caring97196150

I like Sunrise of Huntington Beach. It was small. It was a very nice place and very well run. It was very nice and very pleasant. The dining area was very nice. Everything was very nice. The rooms were adequate. The building was new and that was a big bonus. Everybody was really great because I went in there and they gave the tour. They have a really nice snack area and different seating areas throughout the facility. It was very, very nice.

July 03, 2014

By Hari Prem

Sunrise ia a beautiful residence with three levels of care. The care is very good, attentive to the needs of my mom, food is good, environment is so comfortable and I can rest now. It is expensive due to the memory care.

March 18, 2013

By Angeli Leggitt

We were looking at options to move my mom and dad in a facility. We toured Sunrise of Huntington Beach. It was excellent and was a very nice facility. The staff were cheerful, excellent, and looked very efficient. The rooms were beautifully appointed and the dining room was very clean and looked sufficient. The environment looked comfortable and was very nice. The residents that I saw seemed very happy.

August 28, 2012

By nohlranch

This is a nice facility. I live really close to it in Huntington Beach. They offer many different units - studios, one bedroom, and two bedroom. We picked a one bedroom facility here for my grandmother in law. The facility here is nice and furnished; there's a queen sized bed, dresser, table to right on, couch set, and TV. There's also an emergency button in the room, in case anything happens and immediate assistance is needed. In addition, we've scheduled with staff members there to help my grandmother in law at scheduled times. She gets help with bathing, dressing, and medication. The medication part is really important because grandmother in law doesn't have a good memory, so she either forgets to take her medicine or she forgets that she forgot to take in. There's also a lot of public spaces. There's lounges where residents play cards or board games, or they just hang out and chat. There's also a media room where there's plenty of DVDs and shows that residents can watch on demand. In addition to inside spaces, there are also nice walking trails and courtyard areas with chairs.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Huntington Beach

Questions about Sunrise of Huntington Beach

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly trainings on validation and dementia.

What places are near Sunrise of Huntington Beach or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Albertsons, Civic Center, Food courts, Beach.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Huntington Beach offer to assisted living residents?

We have two buses with wheelchair access and a town car for appointments.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Huntington Beach offer to assisted living residents?

We have delayed egress doors, a secured memory care community.

How does Sunrise of Huntington Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We constantly are communication in person, through email and often placing calls to keep in contact with their loved ones.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly trainings on various topics to keep the staff engaged as well as educated.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Huntington Beach provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secured memory care as well as wander guard pendants if we feel the assisted living may be of questions.

We have thorough assessments every 6 months as well as designated care managers to manage daily care. We do a weight and vitals clinic monthly as well.

What techniques does Sunrise of Huntington Beach use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We will sit with the resident and create a more informal comfortable environment to encourage eating together.

How does Sunrise of Huntington Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We have The Happenings newsletter, emails, flyers at the front desk and phone calls to families.

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Huntington Beach. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential area.

Photos of Sunrise of Huntington Beach

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Huntington Beach

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Dining Extra: Nutritious, Delicious Dining, Well Balanced Menu Choices, Pureed Diet Options, Low Acid Diet

• Pets: Yes