Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

October 10, 2019

By Paul

The amount of personal attention, constant cheeriness that the employees have for residents is amazing. We feel totally confident and at ease with the care our mom has received. Very happy we chose Pacificare!

Hi Paul, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield (AL). Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

November 27, 2018

By Dayna

We moved our grandma in about a month ago and she loves it! We could not be happier with the level of care shown to our grandma. Staff is kind and the food is great. Grandma is happy and so are we.

Dayna, we're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with our team!

November 11, 2018

By Mountain Kin

Our mother has been at Pacifica Senior Living for three years. We are very pleased with the facility, staff and the care that she receives. All of the staff seem to really care about the residents and take a personal interest in each one.

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield (AL).

October 14, 2018

By avalenzuela

Our loved one is very well cared for and the staff is always pleasant, caring and helpful.

October 01, 2018

By Heidi

Pacifica has been really great. They have been wonderful with my grandma, and she can be difficult. She's there for almost a year now. The food is wonderful. They have so many activities. It's better than I ever expected it to be, because she really didn't want to go. So I'm really happy that it turned out to be much better than we expected. She's so comfortable now that she'd rather stay there for the holidays than go the family's house. She would rather us come there, so now I spend the holidays with her there. She loves bingo, she does sometimes the sit and step exercise, and other days when I got there they were doing some kind of cooking in one of their little rooms. They also do coloring and do potted plants thing. Just about everything. She would also participate in church. She's way more active now. I haven't had any problems with any of the staff. They have all been so great. The food is amazing. She's a picky eater, but she has eaten so well since she's gotten there. I usually go and have one there almost every day. She usually eats everything, and we finally got some weight on her. The place is always super clean. The outside is beautiful and the inside is always clean and decorated for the holidays. She likes what they have going on. I speak to all the other people that go in there too because there's quite a few other daughters and people who come in and have lunch, and we all feel the same way. It's a great facility. It really is.

Thank you Heidi, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield (AL).

August 24, 2018

By Kathleen Rogers

I have always been very pleased with the care the staff at Pacifica Bakersfield has given my father-in-law. The level of care is exceptional, the grounds are beautiful and the accommodations are comfortable. I would highly recommend.

Kathleen, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield!

December 18, 2017

By Bware717

The staff went above and beyond their duties. The facility is well kept and well manicured. All staff from administration, food staff, care assistants, and house keeping were top notch. 5 star facility all around.

Thank you for your detailed positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

October 10, 2017

By Marlynne'

The executive team, directors, caregivers and staff are all very caring, supportive, and patient with the residents and their families.

Marlynne', thank you for the high star rating! We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

November 11, 2015

By Anonymous lady8

Pacifica was good and friendly. The director was helpful but my mom thought it was a little dark in there and need more light. My mom doesn’t see very well. I thought it was really dated.

Hi, thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you sharing this with us and wanted to let you know that we are sure to always leave our lights on and the blinds open. Please feel free to let us know if you have some suggestions to improve on the community, we would love to hear from you. Since our recent renovation we are always striving to make our community all that it can be. We hope that you can join us for our holiday dinner!

October 28, 2015

My father is at Pacifica Senior Living. I like its small size, the sense of community, and the staff. The staff is caring, lighthearted, and well-suited for the work. The rooms are clean, well-kept, and very nice. They have an array of activities both in the community and field trips. They keep them very active.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it & thank you for your review.

January 31, 2014

Pacifica Senior Living was beautiful. My aunt and I went there to observe and the staff was very nice. They had a dining room and they brought cookies and coffee. The rooms were very nice. They had activities like bingo, lessons and someone played the piano. The reason why I didn't choose them was because they didn't have after memory care. They had a memory care but it was in a separate building.

Thank you for your review.

November 27, 2013

By Lisa45

My mom is in Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield. We're happy with it. We looked all over and that's the one that we like best. We just like the way they diagnosed my mom and just the way they were, the people in general. For us, this place was a better fit for my mom. It is just a nice facility. She has been there since September. The staff is wonderful. Overall, they're exactly what we needed and they're doing a wonderful job. We have no complaints about them whatsoever.

Thank you for your review.

August 26, 2013

By Don15

My dad is very happy in Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield. Everything is good and he likes it there. It has a very friendly environment. He likes the food and he eats all the time. They have all kinds of different activities. They even have little buses to take them out sometimes. He has a one-bedroom apartment and it has plenty of room for him. It is just kind of an open bedroom with a nice big closet. It has plenty of space for his bed and his wheelchair that I got for him. He also has a little kitchen area with a microwave and a small refrigerator. The bathroom is really huge. It has all the seating and everything. He likes his apartment. What I like best about this facility is the management and the staff. I'm very satisfied with them. They are really helpful and friendly. They keep a good eye on him and check on him a lot. They would call me if something is not right. They make sure that all of his medications and everything is going all right. They will make copies of his medications for us every time he has a doctor's appointment just to make sure that we double check. They make sure he goes down and eats. They also keep his room nice and clean. They're just great. I would definitely recommend this place.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

October 08, 2019

By Tanya Harrington

My mom tells me every time I see her that they treat her really good. She eats well and they really push fluids so the residents don’t get dehydrated. My moms short term memory is zero but can still play the piano like she did years ago. Pacifica is truly amazing. I have not met a staff member that does not show compassion.

Hi Tanya, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield (AL). We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

September 05, 2018

By Mark

Pacifica has good programs in place to care for the residents, communicate with the families, and interface with outside health care providers. When your loved one first arrives here it is confusing and maybe frightening for both the resident and the family. Trust the Pacifica system to overcome these hurdles; everyone will feel at home in no time at all. We have been using memory care for about four (4) months now and have found the staff to be wonderful.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

May 10, 2012

By Rose J.

This facility is well liked and respected in Bakersfield. My previous husband's father is a resident there since he has dementia. Both him and his wife are residents there and have adjusted quite well. Staff is very caring and attentive.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents' average age is 85 years old. Our residents love socializing in group settings whether it's sitting outside in the breeze way enjoying a root beer float and reminiscing, participating in one of our many crafts we do weekly, or going on a weekly outing to a local hockey game or shopping at a favorite store.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Stimulation is so important to our seniors at Pacifica and we encourage everyone to be involved with our daily activities. We have several residents that attend our weekly Adult School class where the teacher gives a history lesson that really engages our residents. Music is a big highlight for our residents. We have weekly entertainment, whether it's a children's choir that comes to perform or a band that helps us celebrate our residents' birthday each month.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have a very nice park located directly behind our community and a shopping center that our residents like to go to on their weekly shopping outings.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield offer to assisted living residents?

We have a 14 passenger bus that includes a wheelchair lift and a 5 passenger Chrysler car.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining chef and kitchen staff are very attentive to our residents during mealtime. We offer restaurant style dining with a 2 hour time frame for each meal period and we have up to 6 alternative meals to choose from so we can please everyone's taste palate.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield offer to assisted living residents?

We offer 2 hour safety checks around the clock for our residents' safety and we have alarmed emergency exit doors and an egress system in our memory care community.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Communication with our families is high priority at Pacifica as every family member is notified and updated in regards to their loved one's needs and changes in their condition. We also have monthly care conferences with our residents' families and we offer a wellness program for each resident and the primary physician is notified as well.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield during daytime and nighttime hours?

It varies based on our residents' needs, due to not all of them require assistance with personal needs. We have a med-tech on duty 24 hours per day for the residents' medication needs.

If Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community in our assisted living community only. We have a secured courtyard as well as a very large exterior outside area that is safe for residents to take their animals out for a nice walk.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receives mandatory monthly trainings from ICEPD company. All direct care staff including med techs and directors are CPR and FIrst AId certified.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield provide to protect residents who wander?

Our memory care community has an egress system in place to protect residents who wander and become agitated.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: 157204130; 157204131
  • State Licenses: 157204130, 152047301

About Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

Our newly remodeled beautiful, stylish and intimate senior care community offers a full spectrum of assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced 24-hour staff. Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield creates a customized service and assistance plan for each resident with a variety of therapies and life enrichment activities. Schedule your personalized tour and complimentary lunch today!

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield