Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

October 10, 2017

By Marlynne'

The executive team, directors, caregivers and staff are all very caring, supportive, and patient with the residents and their families.
Marlynne', thank you for the high star rating! We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

September 20, 2017

By shalonda

Wonderful staff and very nice clean home feel community
Thank you for your positive review! We have a great staff, support team and community. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help! We hope that you have a wonderful day.

September 19, 2017

By Elizabeth Gail

Wonderful facility, clean, friendly staff, programs and family atmosphere.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

November 11, 2015

By Anonymous lady8

Pacifica was good and friendly. The director was helpful but my mom thought it was a little dark in there and need more light. My mom doesn’t see very well. I thought it was really dated.

Hi, thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you sharing this with us and wanted to let you know that we are sure to always leave our lights on and the blinds open. Please feel free to let us know if you have some suggestions to improve on the community, we would love to hear from you. Since our recent renovation we are always striving to make our community all that it can be. We hope that you can join us for our holiday dinner!

October 28, 2015

My father is at Pacifica Senior Living. I like its small size, the sense of community, and the staff. The staff is caring, lighthearted, and well-suited for the work. The rooms are clean, well-kept, and very nice. They have an array of activities both in the community and field trips. They keep them very active.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it & thank you for your review.

January 31, 2014

Pacifica Senior Living was beautiful. My aunt and I went there to observe and the staff was very nice. They had a dining room and they brought cookies and coffee. The rooms were very nice. They had activities like bingo, lessons and someone played the piano. The reason why I didn't choose them was because they didn't have after memory care. They had a memory care but it was in a separate building.

November 27, 2013

By Lisa45

My mom is in Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield. We're happy with it. We looked all over and that's the one that we like best. We just like the way they diagnosed my mom and just the way they were, the people in general. For us, this place was a better fit for my mom. It is just a nice facility. She has been there since September. The staff is wonderful. Overall, they're exactly what we needed and they're doing a wonderful job. We have no complaints about them whatsoever.

August 26, 2013

By Don15

My dad is very happy in Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield. Everything is good and he likes it there. It has a very friendly environment. He likes the food and he eats all the time. They have all kinds of different activities. They even have little buses to take them out sometimes. He has a one-bedroom apartment and it has plenty of room for him. It is just kind of an open bedroom with a nice big closet. It has plenty of space for his bed and his wheelchair that I got for him. He also has a little kitchen area with a microwave and a small refrigerator. The bathroom is really huge. It has all the seating and everything. He likes his apartment. What I like best about this facility is the management and the staff. I'm very satisfied with them. They are really helpful and friendly. They keep a good eye on him and check on him a lot. They would call me if something is not right. They make sure that all of his medications and everything is going all right. They will make copies of his medications for us every time he has a doctor's appointment just to make sure that we double check. They make sure he goes down and eats. They also keep his room nice and clean. They're just great. I would definitely recommend this place.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents' average age is 85 years old. Our residents love socializing in group settings whether it's sitting outside in the breeze way enjoying a root beer float and reminiscing, participating in one of our many crafts we do weekly, or going on a weekly outing to a local hockey game or shopping at a favorite store.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Stimulation is so important to our seniors at Pacifica and we encourage everyone to be involved with our daily activities. We have several residents that attend our weekly Adult School class where the teacher gives a history lesson that really engages our residents. Music is a big highlight for our residents. We have weekly entertainment, whether it's a children's choir that comes to perform or a band that helps us celebrate our residents' birthday each month.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have a very nice park located directly behind our community and a shopping center that our residents like to go to on their weekly shopping outings.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield offer to assisted living residents?

We have a 14 passenger bus that includes a wheelchair lift and a 5 passenger Chrysler car.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining chef and kitchen staff are very attentive to our residents during mealtime. We offer restaurant style dining with a 2 hour time frame for each meal period and we have up to 6 alternative meals to choose from so we can please everyone's taste palate.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield offer to assisted living residents?

We offer 2 hour safety checks around the clock for our residents' safety and we have alarmed emergency exit doors and an egress system in our memory care community.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Communication with our families is high priority at Pacifica as every family member is notified and updated in regards to their loved one's needs and changes in their condition. We also have monthly care conferences with our residents' families and we offer a wellness program for each resident and the primary physician is notified as well.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield during daytime and nighttime hours?

It varies based on our residents' needs, due to not all of them require assistance with personal needs. We have a med-tech on duty 24 hours per day for the residents' medication needs.

If Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community in our assisted living community only. We have a secured courtyard as well as a very large exterior outside area that is safe for residents to take their animals out for a nice walk.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receives mandatory monthly trainings from ICEPD company. All direct care staff including med techs and directors are CPR and FIrst AId certified.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield provide to protect residents who wander?

Our memory care community has an egress system in place to protect residents who wander and become agitated.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

• Pets: Small Pets

• State Licenses: 157204130 & 157204131

About Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield

Our newly remodeled beautiful, stylish and intimate senior care community offers a full spectrum of assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced 24-hour staff. Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield creates a customized service and assistance plan for each resident with a variety of therapies and life enrichment activities. Schedule your personalized tour and complimentary lunch today!

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Bakersfield