66 Assisted Living Facilities near Bainbridge Island, WA
There are 66 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bainbridge Island area, with 3 in Bainbridge Island and 63 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 236 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bainbridge Island. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bainbridge Island 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sammamish with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bainbridge Island, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Bainbridge Island, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bainbridge Island
Just 5 miles from downtown Seattle is Bainbridge Island, Washington, a vibrant community rich in natural beauty, diverse culture and sustainable amenities. The city is a desirable sanctuary for seniors, where 21.3 percent of its population are 65 and over. There are three assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Bainbridge Island and 56 nearby which are mostly in Seattle. ALFs in Washington are licensed by the Residential Care Services (RCS) Division of the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Aging and Long-Term Support Administration (ALTSA).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bainbridge Island
- The comfortable climate in Bainbridge Island lets seniors enjoy mild winters and cool summers. Located in Western Washington, the island city is on the wetter side, and its amount of rainfall is close to the national average.
- The cost of living in Bainbridge Island is 87 percent higher than the national average. This is mainly due to expensive housing, but other expense categories are only slightly higher than the U.S. average.
- It’s considered safe for seniors to live in Bainbridge Island, as the overall crime rate is 49 percent lower than the national average and 62 percent lower than the Washington State average.
- Getting around Bainbridge Island is practical for seniors 65 and over. They pay reduced fares for Kitsap Transit buses around the city and Kitsap County, as well as for ferry rides operated by Washington State Ferries to Seattle. The BI Ride shared-ride service lets residents travel to any point on the island.
- Bainbridge Island’s arts and culture is a multisensory experience for seniors. Aside from numerous historic sites, museums, art galleries and performing arts venues and annual events, the island boasts seven artisan wineries for tastings and tours. The Bainbridge Island Senior Center also has an array of art, music and language activities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bainbridge Island
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Bainbridge Island start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bainbridge Island and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bainbridge Island
Depending on the eligibility of seniors in Bainbridge Island, Washington State’s Medicaid programs cover the cost of assisted living facilities (ALFs) through he Community First Choice (CFC) State Plan and several Home and Community-Based Service 1915(c) waivers, namely the Community Options Program Entry System (COPES), New Freedom and Residential Support waivers.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bainbridge Island
Bainbridge Island and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bainbridge Island, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bainbridge Island
Bainbridge Island-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bainbridge Island
Review of Madrona House
Madrona House is a modern, comfortable assisted living facility with a full-service memory care unit on premises. We were able to essentially recreate my mother's former living environment (on a sm... Read more
Review of Madison Avenue House
My 101 year old mother resides at the Madison House and I have nothing but rave reviews. The property is beautiful, always spotless, and very well kept up. But it's the people who make the real dif... Read more
Review of Madrona House
Madrona House is very responsive in terms of updating family members about incidents, and if patterns develop, then about seeking solutions to limit these incidents and improve overall quality of l... Read more