3 Assisted Living Facilities in Malone, NY
Also serving communities of Brasher Falls, Massena, Saranac Lake.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Malone. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Malone 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Malone, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Malone
Located south of the Canadian border is Malone, home to the breathtaking Titus Mountain, and the mountain scenery makes it a considerable option for seniors searching for assisted living facilities in a tranquil environment.
There are nine assisted living residences in Malone, NY, complemented by five others in the surrounding areas. These facilities assist senior citizens, who form 21.1 % of the town's 14,139 people, when they need help with the activities of daily living, such as medication management and personal care. The New York State Department of Health regulates assisted living residences in Malone and the entire New York City.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Malone
- Senior-friendly arts and culture options in Malone city include the Akwesasne Cultural Center Library & Museum that seniors may find interesting. Some assisted living residences may offer trips to Malone's best attractions, such as the Adirondack Mountains.
- The cost of living in Malone is 21.4 % lower than the national average of 100. Seniors may find housing in the area to be quite affordable at 41.7. compared to the New York average of 150.8.
- Malone city may be an uncomfortable place for seniors who prefer outdoor activities because it has harsh winters which reach a low of 6 in January and February. It also has only 160 sunny days per year compared to the US average of 205 sunny days.
- Malone has less exposure to crime with violent crime being quite low at 14.1 compared to the national average of 22.7, making the area a bit quiet and favorable for seniors.
- The Malone area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Alice Hyde Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness
- The Franklin County for the Aging provides transportation services which include small buses that are equipped with wheelchair lifts for disabled adults. It serves various facilities including the Malone Adult Center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Malone
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Malone start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Malone and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Malone
Seniors in Malone city can take advantage of the supplemental security income (SSI), which is a federal program tailored to ALRs that provides additional income to eligible individuals.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Malone
Malone and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Malone, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Malone
Malone-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Malone, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Malone
Review of The Farrar Home
Absolutely wonderful! While the other review comments on the condition of the walls? I'd like to add that while there might be a couple of cracks here and there ( the building is from 1900 ), it's ... Read more
Review of Valehaven HFA
Everything went fine there. They were very friendly, helpful and understanding. There was a bed available and I had mom moved in within a week. They were very quick with their response which was wh... Read more
Review of The Farrar Home
All in all, the facility meets my relative's requirements. There is plenty of space, but the condition of some of the walls left much to be desired. Cleanliness is also a little issue, but the cabl... Read more