17 Assisted Living Facilities near Franklin, NH
Also serving communities of New London.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Franklin area, with 2 in Franklin and 15 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 48 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Franklin. Better rated regions include Meredith with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Franklin, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Franklin, NH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Franklin
Franklin is a small city located on the Winnipesaukee and Pemigewasset Rivers in New Hampshire. The city is notable for being the birthplace of Daniel Webster, who served as Secretary of State under three presidents. Over 15% of the city’s estimated 8,700 residents are seniors.
For seniors who need some help with activities of daily living, there are two assisted living facilities conveniently located in Franklin. Nearby communities, including Meredith and Concord, are home to another 16 facilities. They are regulated by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Franklin
- Franklin has several interesting attractions. At the Daniel Webster Birthplace State Historic Site, seniors can see the two-room cabin where the city’s most famous resident was born in 1782. Another local destination is Tarbin Gardens, an English-style garden where seniors can watch birds and butterflies. The city also has an art gallery, Toad Hall Art.
- Kiplinger recently ranked New Hampshire eighth on its 10 Most Tax-Friendly States for Retirees list. Seniors in Franklin don’t pay income tax on their pensions or distributions from retirement plans, such as 401(k)s. The state also doesn’t have a sales tax, which helps seniors save money when they shop.
- Franklin has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Concord.
- The city offers affordable living for retirees. It’s cost of living is 2.5% lower than the U.S. average and about 17% lower than the state average. Some of the budget categories that are cheaper than average here include housing, healthcare and transportation.
- Franklin experiences cold, snowy winters with lows in the single digits and snowfall totals above 60 inches per year. Summers are comfortable, with highs in the low 80s. Active seniors can enjoy both winter and summer sports in this city.
- In Franklin, the crime rate is above average. The small city is more dangerous than 85% of communities in the state. An individual’s chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime is one in 297, versus the state average of one in 503.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Franklin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Hampshire
Assisted Living costs in Franklin start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Franklin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Franklin
In New Hampshire, low-income seniors may be eligible to receive assisted living services through the Choices for Independence Program, a Medicaid waiver. Seniors may also receive cash grants from the State Supplement Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Franklin
Franklin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Franklin, please visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Franklin
Franklin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Hampshire are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page for more information about these laws.