40 Assisted Living Facilities near Mound, MN
Also serving communities of Spring Park.
There are 40 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mound area, with 2 in Mound and 38 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 105 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mound. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mound 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mound, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Mound, MN
38 Assisted Living Facilities near Mound, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mound
Mound, a suburb of Minneapolis, is located on the shores of Lake Minnetonka, the ninth-largest lake in the state. Seniors can spend their summers fishing, boating or swimming in this 14,000-acre lake.
This Minneapolis suburb is home to just over 9,500 people, and almost 13% of them are seniors. If these seniors need help with activities of daily living, they can turn to any of the 40 assisted living facilities located in and around Mound. These facilities, both in Mound and the rest of Minnesota, are regulated by Minnesota’s Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mound
- Seniors who look forward to snowshoeing and other winter sports may enjoy Mound’s cold, snowy winters. January lows drop into the single digits, and in an average year, the city gets nearly four and a half feet of snow. Seniors who prefer summer sports can look forward to July highs in the low 80s.
- In Mound, the overall cost of living is 15.4% higher than the national average. This is largely driven by the city’s above-average housing costs. Other costs, including utilities and groceries, are below the U.S. average. Seniors may appreciate the city’s healthcare costs, which are 12.6% lower than the national norm.
- Hennepin County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Mound has an array of community resources for seniors, including Senior Community Services, an organization that helps seniors find programs and services they qualify for, as well as one senior center.
- For seniors who want to travel to downtown Minneapolis, there are two bus routes that depart from the Mound Transit Center. Seniors pay discounted fares during non-rush hours. WeCAB, a volunteer-operated transportation service, provides affordable rides to local destinations.
- There are few arts and culture attractions in Mound. Seniors who are interested in local history can stop by the Westonka History Museum. The museum has a large collection of vintage Tonka Toys, as well as information about the Tonka Toys Corporation, which was founded in Mound.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mound
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Mound start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mound and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mound
Seniors who need help paying for assisted living care in Mound may qualify for the Elderly Waiver program. This waiver is available to Medicaid-eligible seniors who meet other program requirements. Minnesota may also provide cash assistance to seniors through its Minnesota Supplemental Aid program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mound
Mound and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mound, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mound
Mound-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mound
Review of Harrison Bay Senior Living
Harrison Bay Senior Living has senior living, assisted living, and memory care. It's brand new, and they had a lot of facilities and activities. The administrator was excellent. The rooms and the d... Read more