2 Assisted Living Facilities in Osage City, KS
Also serving communities of Overbrook.
The average cost of assisted living in Osage City is $3,675 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Topeka with an average starting cost of $3,045.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Osage City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Osage City 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Emporia with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Osage City, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Osage City, KS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Osage City
Osage City, located in northeast Kansas just 60 miles west of Kansas City, is home to the Railroad Depot & Museum. The city is also home to 593 seniors who enjoy their days relaxing at the country club, playing golf at one of the city’s three golf courses and walking along the Santa Fe Trail. Seniors who need some assistance with everyday tasks may benefit from living in one of the city’s two assisted living facilities.
In Osage City, and in all of the state of Kansas assisted living facilities and residential health care facilities are licensed by The Secretary of Aging and Disability Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Osage City
- The Osage City area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Emporia or Topeka.
- The air quality in Osage City is better than in other areas of the state and the country. On a scale where 100 represents the locations with the best air quality, Osage City has a rank of 67, almost 10 points higher than the national average of 58. Seniors with ailments like diabetes, heart disease or asthma may find that living in the city helps alleviate some of their symptoms.
Crime rates are low in Osage City, which might make the area an ideal location for seniors wanting to retire in a safe city. The city has a property crime rate of 14 and a property crime rate of 31.4, both lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- Kansas is not a tax-friendly state, which could impact how much money Osage City seniors have to put toward their memory care budgets. The state fully taxes pensions and retirement savings account withdrawals, but only partially taxes Social Security benefits.
- Seniors with restrictive budgets may benefit from the low cost of living in Osage City. The overall cost of living is 81.1, almost 20 points lower than the national average of 100.
- Osage City gets 213 sunny days per year, eight higher than the U.S. average of 205, which might make the city an ideal location for seniors who enjoy spending their days outdoors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Osage City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Assisted Living costs in Osage City start around $3,675 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Osage City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Osage City
Osage City seniors who need help with assisted living expenses might be able to get assistance from KanCare, the Kansas Medicaid program. Seniors who need more help can apply for the Frail Elderly waiver offered by HCBS.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Osage City
Osage City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Osage City, please visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Osage City
Osage City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Osage City
Review of Vintage Park at Osage City
This facility has a very homey feel. A resident greeted me enthusiastically as I arrived, and when I walked in the front door the supervisor greeted me warmly and genuinely as well. This facility... Read more