2 Assisted Living Facilities in Tiger, GA
Also serving communities of Mountain City, Toccoa, Demorest.
The average cost of assisted living in Tiger is $3,075 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tiger. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tiger 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Seneca with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tiger, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tiger
Situated at the base of Tiger Mountain, Tiger, Ga., is located in the northeast part of the state and features two vineyards and a drive-in movie theatre to bring seniors back to the days of yore. There are also two assisted living facilities in Tiger and another three in the surrounding communities.
Assisted living facilities in Tiger fall under the authority of the Georgia Department of Community Health. The department guidelines require ALFs to employ a certified medication aide to oversee the dispensing of medicines and to provide care for 25 or more people. The facilities must also provide assistance with state-defined essential daily living activities, such as toileting, bathing, eating, dressing and grooming.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tiger
- The overall cost of living in Tiger is very close to the national average, ranking only one point lower than the U.S. on the cost of living index. To a great extent, the lower cost is due to a suppressed real-estate market. The costs of groceries, transportation and health care are actually higher in Tiger than the state and national averages.
- For a town of only 401 people, Tiger has an unusually high crime rate. With a violent crime rate of 51.8 and a property crime rate of 56, Tiger has a higher incidence of crime than the national and state averages.
- The climate in Tiger is ideal for those sensitive to heat. Summer highs only reach the mid-80s. The winters can be chilly for the south, with days in the mid-20s not being unusual. The city also receives an average of 70 inches of rain each year, making it unsuitable for people sensitive to damp weather.
- According to the EPA National Air Toxics Assessment, Tiger's air quality rating is 21 points better than the U.S. average. This makes it a very inviting location for seniors who suffer from respiratory problems or have allergy issues.
Public transportation is provided by the Rabun County Senior Center, and all residents are eligible to use the Dial-A-Ride program.
- The Tiger area has no medical facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Clayton.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tiger
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Tiger start around $3,075 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tiger and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tiger
There are two Medicaid waiver programs to help qualifying seniors pay for assisted living care in Tiger. They are the Community Care Service Program and Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE). Both Programs are subject to availability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tiger
Tiger and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tiger, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tiger
Tiger-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tiger
Review of Cannon Wood Village
I visited Cannon wood Village. They had apartments, but were not ready to move yet. The apartments didnt look too small and looked better than others. It was clean and didnt smell. Nobody came t... Read more
Review of Traces of Tiger Senior Living Community
This place has gone downhill so fast! A year and a half ago, it was nice. Once they got rid of the director and much of the good staff, it is the worse place! On the website, they say they have ... Read more
Review of Traces of Tiger Senior Living Community
I have provided care at this facility as a home health nurse and community care coordinator since the facility opened. It has been owned by the same family for the entire time, but management has ... Read more