5 Assisted Living Facilities near Blairsville, GA
Also serving communities of Hiawassee.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Blairsville area, with 4 in Blairsville and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Blairsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Blairsville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dahlonega with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Blairsville, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Blairsville, GA
1 Assisted Living Facility near Blairsville, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Blairsville
Located in Union County, the Georgian city of Blairsville is situated in the Chattahoochee National Forest and North Georgia’s Blue Ridge Mountains. Aging adults who enjoy lush views and walks among nature may feel at home in this senior-friendly town.
In Blairsville, there are four assisted living facilities and three more in close proximity. These facilities are licensed by the state’s Healthcare Facility Regulation (HFR), a division of the Georgia Department of Health. Blairsville’s assisted living facilities offer seniors assistance with activities and tasks associated with daily living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Blairsville
- The city of Blairsville features a cost of living index that is substantially less than the national average, which is 100. Blairsville rates a cost of living index listed as 80. This index is also 13 points less than the overall cost of living in the state.
- The city of Covington is home to world-class medical facilities, including Union General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Blairsville Union County Senior Center, located in Blairsville, features programs and events for seniors that include fitness classes, arts and crafts workshops, games, and more.
- Currently, the city of Blairsville doesn’t have direct access to public transportation. For air travel, the city is served Blairsville Airport, which is conveniently located right in town.
- While many seniors enjoy Blairsville pleasant and sunny climate, some may find its hot and humid summers to be a challenge. The average July high in Blairsville is 85 degrees. On the other hand, the city does experience mild winters; the average January low temperature is 25 degrees.
- Seniors thinking about a move to Blairsville should note that the city does have an average crime rate that exceeds both the state and national averages. The national average crime rate (per 100,000 people) is 2,837 and in the state is 3,402. The crime rate in Covington (per 100,000 people) is 4,797.
Paying for Assisted Living in Blairsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Blairsville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Blairsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Blairsville
Eligible seniors in Blairsville may qualify for financial assistance to pay for assisted living care in the state. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (Source) are two Medicaid waiver programs that are offering in Georgia. In addition, the state also offers an Independent Care Waiver Program (ICWP) that provides financial assistance to eligible seniors for care within an institutionalized setting like an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Blairsville
Blairsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Blairsville, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Blairsville
Blairsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Blairsville
Review of Stonehenge Assisted Living III
We moved my Mother here from Florida, back in December of 2010. We had looked at a few places, and Stonehenge just felt like home when we walked in to look around. We moved her in, and we c... Read more
Review of Lazy-R-Personal Care Center
I have been providing home health nursing services at this facility for 15 years. Although an older facility, it is kept very clean. Although I haven't eaten any meals at the facility, the food al... Read more
Review of Stonehenge Assisted Living III
My mom and I liked Stonehenge Assisted Living 3 because it seemed to be really family-oriented. I was very impressed. The rooms were large and personable. They really seemed to care and take time. ... Read more