James River Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of James River Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for James River Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center

April 18, 2012

By Sarah Brazzale

My maternal grandmother was a resident at this facility. She lived here because we could not care for her on our on and the previous facility she lived at did not care for her properly. This facility had such caring staff and they took good care of her to the end. One of he favorite thing about this facility is that every other thursday they have three dogs that come in to visit the residents. On sundays they load anyone who wants to go on a bus and take them to church, she always liked that as well, but rarely felt well enough to go. The food they serve the residents is delicious and they have snacks available at all times. Visitations are always encouraged and looked forward to. Family members can pay for meal cards for themselves so that they may eat with their family member, which is nice and the residents love it. I do recommend this nursing home to anyone in the area.

October 10, 2011

By darksaturn7

During my HS days I hung out with the elderly for class. It was one of the best decisions I've made in my life as it got to see how the older half lived. In some places, the living was great. In others...not so much. Maybe it was just me but this place just seemed 'dead'. Like the staff was just phoning it in. I remember hanging out with this funny little lady, she said she was 76. We would making fun of the terrible food comparing it to airplane food. Now we were nice about it just joking around. But then one of the nursing staff came in and just glared at us. Like what? She then went and yanked the tray from the lady's table in a huff. Apparently staff here lacked a sense of humor. Hopefully time changed this. In fact aside from the residents the place was so ho hum I can see why the residents joked about it's blandness so much.

Services and Amenities of James River Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About James River Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center

At JRCRC, whether you are with us for a short-term rehabilitation or chose to make this home with in our convalescent division, we are here throughout to assist in obtaining your personal goals. Our rehabilitation team works with each guest to set and meet goals throughout the recovery process. It is our mission to assist you with overcome the challenges and changes in your life. Our personalized programs, services and organized activities are designed to meet your individual objectives.

Map of James River Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center