Brookdale Western Hills

Reviews of Brookdale Western Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Western Hills

October 29, 2015

By Zach346

One of the places that I visited that I really liked was Brookdale. The staff seemed to be on top of everything. It was a little bit more expensive, but I thought if my mother would have been there, she would be in better health. The residents said, "Please bring your mother." "Come join us." We only walked in, and I thought they were playing dominoes or bingo, but they were like, "Just please come in." When we were doing the visit, they were doing a staff meeting, and we saw all of the staff. It was a very light-hearted, happy atmosphere. I was very impressed with the director who was giving us the tour. She had talked about how sometimes she comes in the middle of the night or like 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning to make sure she knew what was going on overnight so as not to depend on someone else's opinion. It was very clean. It smelled fresh, and that was very impressive. The rooms were nice. They were in a nice size. Thinking back, if she had gone there, we would have been happier. They seemed to be 100 percent on safety. They were very conscious of their safety. They were very conscious to speaking to everyone that was there. When we were there, whether it was the residents, the staff or the director, they were all about stopping and speaking to you. They all seemed to want to meet us. They all wanted to know about my mom, when we were going to bring her there. Just the overall friendliness was really good.

July 20, 2015

The décor was very nice. There was a warm atmosphere. They had nice staff who were very polite, and very helpful. It was the staff that kind of sold me on it. I was impressed with Brookdale Western Hills (Formerly Sterling House of Temple). It pretty much fit my needs.

June 07, 2015

By Billy11

Sterling House was a really nice place. It was much smaller than the other facility my mother was at. They had all the amenities that you might want. The food was good. The rooms and apartments were nice. The staff was nice, and they had a really nice director at the time of my visit. They were good and really helpful. They had bible classes. They also had a library with a big screen TV, and they take the residents to the mall once a week.

March 29, 2014

By Marsha14

Sterling House was a lovely facility, just very, very nice and the staff was very helpful. But it wouldn't have been a good fit for my mother because she needs more one-on-one care. It was immaculate from what we saw. They had a lot of activities going on. I think they played bingo, they took trips into town. I thought they had an in-house beauty shop there. It was very nice.

March 26, 2014

By Beverly32

Sterling House was very helpful with information before we moved in. They were very courteous. My mother is very content and happy, and we're very pleased. The atmosphere was very homey, and the staff was very caring. Everybody has their own apartment, but then they were welcome to join in socially on anything that was available, and it was small enough that you felt comfortable. The rooms are adequate for what you need. The one that we chose was very sunny and bright and comfortable. The food was good. I understand they have a new chef, so I haven't tried the food since the new chef has come in. But the old chef was very good. They did offer choices. They ask your favorites, likes, and dislikes. They're also very accommodating in that they have alternatives.

October 09, 2013

By BethAnn W.

Sterling House had a nice environment. They had larger rooms and comfortable for two people. The residents seemed happy there. I had my parents on their waiting list.

September 22, 2013

By Charles25

I visited Sterling House for my wife. I like the looks of this facility. I like how they laid out this place. It is completely circular, so you can walk around it. There are many rooms inside. The staff is very, very nice. They interact with their residents quite often. They also have activities for them. They were sitting and talking, just socializing. They were all smiles. I never saw a frown anywhere. I spent time both with the staff and residents there and I think they're great. We were even invited to have a meal; unfortunately I was in a hurry to go somewhere else.

May 11, 2013

By David23

We were very happy when my mom first moved into the Sterling House of Temple. It was phenomenal and the people were great. They had Dolly and Faith on their staff and they were very professional. The food was tremendous as well. But then, they let them go and new people came in that I find very unprofessional. Now, these people just treat us with total disrespect. They also let go of their chef, and the food is now terrible. I'm also paying an additional of $585 monthly for fees that we weren't aware of before we moved in and signed the contract. My mother's been there for about a month and I was surprised that somebody from marketing called me up to inquire if she had decided to join their community. So, how can I be comfortable when they didn't even know she was already there? Right now, I'm not happy with them at all.

April 13, 2012

By tenchu400

When my Grandmother and got to Sterling House of Temple there the receptionist ensured us she would be in great hands. She listened to all my grandmothers needs, made notes of her situation and provided a guideline on everything they could do for her. They showed us around and offered us special quarters for my Grandmothers health needs. Not to much of a big difference compared to the others but it gave her piece of mind that someone was close by to feed her, bath her, dress her and help her walk around. During her stay she was encouraged to be independent as possible. They also had activities and get together's with the other members such as arts and crafts and other various things to keep them up and about and not glued to the tv. It gave my grandmother at times a great feeling of accomplishment, especially when I called her to check up on her she would be so happy she did this and that. In my opinion if someone has gotten to the point to where they need assistance to live I think that Sterling House of Temple provides a home like feeling, a sense of freedom, and relief knowing that someone is close by if needed.

March 09, 2012

By casdfwe

At the Sterling House of Temple they promised respect for individual preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. They also offered special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Their community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. They were dedicated to enriching the lives of their residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Photos of Brookdale Western Hills

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Western Hills

• Licenses: 302
  • State Licenses: #302

About Brookdale Western Hills

Brookdale Western Hills provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Western Hills