Isle at Raider Ranch

Reviews of Isle at Raider Ranch

Assisted Living Reviews for Isle at Raider Ranch

September 18, 2017

By Jean

Raider Ranch is a very good and nice place. The rooms are very nice and the staff is very good and professional. Everyone there seems to like it very much. They go all the way, whatever is needed.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community! We are thankful to hear your kind words, and grateful for the kind review.

December 27, 2016

By Craig154840

Raider Ranch was really nice. Everything was secure, and I was impressed. It seemed like a really nice hotel instead of a living facility. They had everything from movie nights, game nights, puzzles, and trips to the mall. They had a wide variety of different things to do and a calendar that they come up with in advance. They had a salon and a library.

July 27, 2015

By Becky Fortenberry

The absolute best memory care facility on the South Plains. Our family was always treated with love and respect. The patients are treated with a phenomenal level of patience and attention creating a secure home for all.

July 14, 2015

By Cynthia109673350

We went and visited Raider Ranch, and it was really good. I enjoyed it. The staff seemed pretty nice. The apartment looked pretty good. However, what we were looking for was a cottage, and they do not have cottages available. The food was nice. The dining room was OK. However, they were kind of expensive. I liked the activities. The facilities impressed me the most -- like the dining room and things like that. The only thing that I thought they needed improving on was the price.

Thank you for your review and for visiting us at Raider Ranch. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit and were able to experience our wonderful amenities. We understand a cottage is what you were looking for, were you able to see our Villa Homes? Raider Ranch offers Villa Homes, Retirement apartments, Bridge Apartments, Assisted Living apartments, and Memory Care. We would love to show you our beautiful Villa Homes so please feel free to call and schedule an appointment at your convenience. With our pricing, we stay very competitive within the Senior Living market. In fact, we surprise most people who assume we would be more expensive due to the amenities we are able to offer. Once we are able to show you everything that is included in the monthly cost vs. what you are possibly paying as a home owner, many benefit from saving money once they move in. We are also able to accept Long Term Care and Veteran Benefits. Thank you again for your review and we would love to have you back for a visit at any time.

August 22, 2013

By Bear22

My grandparents lived in the assisted living for almost 2 years. The staff was wonderful to them. They were always very attentive to my grandparents different needs.They had really good food everyday and were always able to socialize. The staff always have some sort of game, or activity available for entertainment. They get a lot of exercise that helped them both become much stronger and feel better. The employees were always very friendly and willing to help them in any way. We felt they were in the best place in the area. The most beautiful of all assisted livings in this area. Highly recommend Raider Ranch!!!

June 26, 2013

By babybraxton

This is a beautiful facility but that doesn't represent what goes on inside. The care continues to be inferior, the cleanliness is questionable, and the management only tells you what they want you to hear. There are never enough care takers available. If there is a housing problem, it takes weeks to get it corrected if at all. Investigate before moving a love one into what was once a great option.

We are saddened to see your concerns, and want to learn more. Please give us a call so we can understand your situation more, and make necessary adjustments.

February 23, 2012

By ohadelaide08

When looking for a community to move my grandfather to, Raider Ranch always came to mind. We'd had a few good commendations from others who had family members living there, and thought to have a tour through the place. The staff was extremely, extremely friendly and accommodating both to myself and my grandfather. After his second stroke, he had lost much of his social skills, but it was clear his personality was still there, and I think the staff all knew that. Everyone was very welcoming, speaking to my grandfather very openly, teasing and joking with them. Despite the fact that Raider Ranch puts off a "Fabulous, Bourgeoise 50+" vibe in their advertisements, the staff and residents were very down to earth. My grandfather is a former musician, and played a bit for the staff, that they were very entertained by. The facilities are flawless and very personalized - it honestly feels like you were just coming to his home when you stepped into his accommodations. His facilities were separated from the main "community living," as he did need special assistance, but everything still gave him the independence that he wanted. I felt extremely secure leaving him in Raider Ranch's hands. He was even able to take his dog with him, which was a very generous surprise. I'd honestly recommend it to anyone looking for a "luxury-style" living community.

January 13, 2012

By commercesd

We took a look at Raider Ranch in Lubbock while examining facilities in the area for our uncle. It is an expansive, safe, gated resort-like community that appeared very well-tended. Though it is so large, it still provides close access to the Canyon West Shopping Center and the freeway - so it is easy to get to and Milwaukee Avenue. This makes it easy to take the residents on many fun excursions. This ranch style facility is gorgeous - with a Clubhouse that has a spa, pool, athletic club, private dining, media room, theater, bank, Starbucks coffee, and Internet cafe. They also have a bistro. The dining services include a wonderful menu with great items and they can also whip up whatever you like. The snacks are offered continuously. The spacious apartments offer several floor plans to choose from wtih with balconies, high ceilings and expansive granite countertops in the kitchens. There are ceiling fans, walk-in closets, gorgeous detail like crown molding and luxury bathrooms. Some of the nicest styled dwelings we've seen thus far. The Signature Programs includes many educational, social and cultural programs. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many activities as possible. Their exercise programs include yoga and stretching, aerobics, weight training and more, plus monthly themed events. It was clear that this facility really cares about its residents -- they have seen to every detail to make them all comfortable, while being comforted with kindness.

Memory Care Reviews for Isle at Raider Ranch

April 16, 2017

By gd5362

My mother was in the memory care unit with Alzheimers. She turned out to be a difficult and challenging resident due to her behavioral issues. Brandon and his staff took excellent care of her. I spend a considerable amount of time there and got to know the staff and some of the residents and was always touched by the tender care they provided to the residents . Our family will always be grateful for the tender care they provided her during this difficult time.

October 02, 2015

By C. David

To say my experience with Raider Ranch Memory Care was great would be an understatement. I was the care giver for my wife when I had to have a medical procedure in 72 hrs. that would keep me from caring for her for four weeks. I said a few prayers and started contacting mental health organizations to get their insight. I narrowed my options to three facilities. They were all very kind and helpful, but there was just something special about Raider Ranch. They wanted to help anyway they could and they were also concerned about me. They took care of everything they possibly could in order for me to get other things in order. When we arrived I was immediately impressed with just how nice the facilities were and the staff was very caring. That eased my mind and as much as I wanted to take her home when I was physically able I knew deep down that she needed more care than I could give. I visited her the morning before I had the procedure and with the help of family I visited her everyday until I could go on my own. She was a resident of Raider Ranch Memory Care for nearly two years and I was able to visit her for a few hours everyday. I am saying this because not only did she receive wonderful care, but I noticed the same for other residents. I could not be happier about her care. THANK YOU RAIDER RANCH.

July 13, 2015

By Martha110252750

My husband is at Raider Ranch, and it is a great place. It’s very, very good. The meals were good, but also very expensive.

Thank you so much for your positive review and feedback. We strive to be a great place for not only our residents but for family members as well. We are so happy that you have had the opportunity to experience our wonderful dining program. Although all residents have dining included, we feel it is very important that some of those meal times are shared with family and friends. With an $8 reservation, families are able to enjoy our restaurant style dining that offers a three course meal specially prepared by our award wining chef. Thank you again for your review and we are happy you have chosen Raider Ranch.

See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Isle at Raider Ranch

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

The staff has ongoing training provided by nursing staff as well as monthly training courses.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Isle at Raider Ranch. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Raider Ranch at the Isle has a high functioning population of Assisted Living Residents with an average age of 85 that enjoys socializing and maintaining an active lifestyle.

What programs or activities does Isle at Raider Ranch offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Isle offers fitness classes, rehab care education classes, bingo, cards, board games, library, arts and crafts, gardening with our Horticulture Therapy Garden and church services to maintain mental stimulation and wellness.

What places are near Isle at Raider Ranch or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are many places near the Isle that are within walking distance or within a short driving distance to include shopping centers, restaurants, ice cream shops, coffee cafe's, and so much more.

What transportation services does Isle at Raider Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation is provided by the Isle with a shuttle that is wheelchair accessible as well as a car for the residents to be transported to doctor appointments, shopping, and other places of interest.

What makes the chef or dining program at Isle at Raider Ranch exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Isle provides 3 nutritional meals daily and has restaurant style dining with rotating special entrees.

What safety features or security measures does Isle at Raider Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

The Isle provides a pendant necklace for daily use as well as emergency pull cord in each bathroom.

How does Isle at Raider Ranch keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

All community updates are emailed to family members by the Executive Director as well as being posted in the front entrance lobby of the community.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Isle at Raider Ranch during daytime and nighttime hours?

1:18 ratio of staff to resident ratio

If Isle at Raider Ranch accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The Isle is pet-friendly and allows a resident to have a dog or cat. There are grassy areas around the community for the dogs to utilize as well as a dog park close by at the Club at our Independent Living that is a short distance from the Isle.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

The care staff have on going training completed on a monthly basis.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Isle at Raider Ranch. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall population of the Isle includes active seniors with an average age of 85 that love to socialize, play games, enjoy live music, art, bingo, group outings, and a full calendar of program activities provided by our activity program director.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Lots of places are nearby to provide entertainment to the residents. There are lots of restaurants, new shopping centers, grocery stores, coffee shops, and so much more.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Isle at Raider Ranch has organized?

The activity program director provides lots of organized events that are both on-site and off-site. They have been on many outings to include dining, music, sports, and more.

What transportation services does Isle at Raider Ranch offer to independent living residents?

We have a shuttle and a car to transport our residents to their destinations within a 15-mile radius.

What makes the chef or dining program at Isle at Raider Ranch exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

The Chef provides 3 nutritional meals daily to include many options on the menu as well as special entrée selections daily.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

The common areas include the lobby, library, arts and crafts, game rooms, garden area, fitness center, and more.

What safety features or security measures does Isle at Raider Ranch offer to independent living residents?

All residents at the Isle have a pendant for safety and we have 24 hour security.

The Isle allows dogs and cats as well as providing grassy areas for their dogs to enjoy along with a dog park nearby.

Does Isle at Raider Ranch work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

The Isle as nursing staff and medical assistants to provide the care that the residents need. We partner with many referral sources as well for any additional needs such as hospice or home health services.

What safety features or security measures does Isle at Raider Ranch provide to protect residents who wander?

The Isle has a protected and secured memory care called the Springs within the Isle equipped with egress doors to protect from wandering and the resident would have a secure semi-private or private apartment

What programs or activities does Isle at Raider Ranch offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

The Isle has a wonderful program for the memory care residents that is called It's Never Too Late that provides technology to help the residents stay engaged as well as music therapy and many more activities on an activity calendar created by our activity program director specifically for engaging in long-term memories. There are many activities such as arts and crafts, live music, music therapy, exercise classes, group outings, and more.

Before a resident moves into our memory care they have to have an assessment completed by the nurse and every 6 months or as needed the nurse reassesses the residents for health and cognitive functioning.

What techniques does Isle at Raider Ranch use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We have a unique system that uses the Suzy-Q cart for dining to allow the residents the ability to see, smell and choose the meal that they would like to eat and we can also provide hand-over-hand feeding as well.

How does Isle at Raider Ranch keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The nurse or executive director makes contact with the family concerning a loved ones' health.

Describe the neighborhood around Isle at Raider Ranch. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The community is nestled on a block of its own nestled in a newly developed quiet neighborhood.

Is Isle at Raider Ranch affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

The Isle has a few hospitals that are residents' choice within a short driving distance from the community.

Costs for Isle at Raider Ranch

Photos of Isle at Raider Ranch

Services and Amenities of Isle at Raider Ranch

• Get Costs

About Isle at Raider Ranch

Raider Ranch is a full service, stand alone retirement community offering a full range of lifestyle choices. Currently, the 32 acre gated campus includes 152 independent living apartments and 110 apartments for assisted living and memory care—all available for rental. In addition, Raider Ranch offers attached Villa homes for sale. A number of Villas have been built and sold, with additional acreage for up to 60 more Villa homes or additional skilled nursing rooms to the campus. Raider Ranch offers the full complement of amenities including 24-hour nursing staff; maintenance-free living; scheduled transportation; and a full-time activity program. Other resort-style amenities include a 22,000sf club house, state of the art Athletic Club, business library with internet, outdoor resort style pool, golfing privileges at nearby championship course, café, card room and several meeting rooms for resident gatherings and events.

Map of Isle at Raider Ranch