4 Memory Care Facilities in Lubbock, TX

4 Memory Care Facilities in Lubbock, TX

Caring Star 2021

Isle at Raider Ranch

6806 43rd St, Lubbock, TX 79407
"We have chosen Isle at Raider Ranch for my mom. She will move in there. My experience with it was very thorough and positive. We have very few questions on what to expect, other than that,..." More

Caring Star 2020

The Legacy at South Plains

10711 Indiana Avenue, Lubbock, TX 79423
"My mom has been living in The Legacy at South Plains for six months now. It is close to my brother's house, and it has all the services that we need for her. She's been doing well. I've been pretty..." More

Brookdale Monterey

5204 Elgin Avenue, Lubbock, TX 79413
"I visited the memory care area of Brookdale Monterey. It was excellent, very clean, smelled fresh, and very well managed. I felt it would be great if my mom had needed to be in that situation, but..." More
Seasons change, but your rates don't have to. Move-in by October 31, 2021, and lock in your month... (more) Ends in 8 days

Wilshire Place Senior living

6410 Erskine St, Lubbock, TX 79416

What to Consider About Memory Care in Lubbock

Approximately 11.5 percent of the residents in Lubbock, Texas, are 65 or older. Some of these are part of the state's 380,000 residents with Alzheimer’s disease. As this condition, and other dementia-related conditions, progress, these individuals might need to move into one of the city’s three memory care units. These are type B assisted living facilities that are governed by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and serviced by the Ombudsman program.

Residents of memory care facilities in Lubbock take supervised walks on the facility's grounds without air pollutants exacerbating respiratory conditions since Lubbock, Texas, has an air quality score of 73, which is better than the national average of 58.

• Memory care residents can enjoy the experience of four distinct seasons. The city averages 7 inches of snow and 20 inches of rain per year. January lows fall to around 26 degrees, but July highs soar to 92 degrees. The city has a Sperling’s Comfort Index of 61, which is better than the average index of 54.
    • The overall cost of living index in Lubbock is 85.3, considerably lower than the national index of 100. Memory care residents might have a bit more in the budget due to this; however, they can expect to pay slightly more for medical care than they would in other cities. The cost of health index here is 105.
    • The crime rate in Lubbock is higher than the average city in this country. On average, the property crime rate in the country is 38.1 and the violent crime rate is 31.1. In Lubbock, these are 63.1 and 72.2, respectively. Memory care residents may be a bit safer thanks to the secure nature of these facilities.
    • The Lubbock area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care, such as University Health System and Covenant Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.

Paying for Memory Care in Lubbock

Average Monthly Costs

City in Texas

$5,071.00 US
    $4,396.00 Lubbock
    $3,825.00 Hobbs

Memory Care costs in Lubbock start around $4,396 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $5,071 per month.

It’s important to note that memory care rates in Lubbock and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.

Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Lubbock

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Texas page.

More Ways to Pay for Memory Care

While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:

• Veterans Benefits
    • Life Insurance Policy
    • Long-Term Care Insurance
    • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Texas page.

Free Memory Care Resources in Lubbock

Lubbock and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in a memory care community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.

To see a list of free memory care resources in Lubbock, please visit our Memory Care in Texas page.

Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Lubbock

Lubbock-area memory care communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all memory care communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Texas page for more information about these laws.

Memory Care near Lubbock, TX