4 Assisted Living Facilities in Midland, TX
Also serving communities of Big Spring.
The average cost of assisted living in Midland is $3,313 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 22 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Midland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Midland 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Odessa with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Midland, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Midland, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Midland
Midland, TX, has been called "the Tall City" since the first exhausted cowpoke saw it towering over the horizon of West Texas' Permian Basin. The city is surrounded by tall mountains, too, which provide a scenic respite and creative inspiration. Seniors who enjoy this environment will find nine assisted living communities facilities in Midland.
These facilities are closely regulated for health and safety issues, as well as for staff training and quality of care, by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, which classes them as Type A residential care homes. Residential care facilities of this type offer room and board, plus as independent a lifestyle as residents' health permits. Assistance with activities of daily living, such as dressing and taking some medication, as well as emergency response from staff if it's ever needed is provided.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Midland
- Midland gets about 15 inches of rain a year and 2 inches of snow. Winter temperatures hit an average low of 31 degrees Fahrenheit, which calls for a good space heater in seniors' rooms during December and January. Summer highs average 94 degrees, when a fan is a useful supplement to the facility's air conditioning.
- Midland's cost of living is reasonable for most seniors. Groceries here average 92 percent the price paid elsewhere in America, while aging citizens' health care is close to 4 percent lower than average.
- Seniors with retirement income, as well as wage earners of any age in the state, pay no income tax on their earnings. There is a sales tax of between 6.25 and 8.25 percent, however, and seniors with their own cars pay a 20 cent gas tax on every gallon.
Midland crime stats run to about four-fifths the national rate in most non-violent categories. Violent crimes, including crimes against seniors, are even less common.
- Public transportation in Midland is the responsibility of the Midland Odessa Urban Transit District (hilariously called "EZ-Rider" by locals and transit staff alike). This network of buses and rail connections runs fixed-schedule routes and on-demand curb-to-curb trips that have to be scheduled in advance.
Seniors get discount fares on EZ-Rider, as do passengers with disabilities.
- The Midland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Midland Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Midland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Midland start around $3,131 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Midland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Midland
Texas' Medicaid waiver program, known as STAR+PLUS, helps aging citizens throughout the state pay for the cost of assisted living. Eligibility requirements apply, but low-income seniors can ask a Medicaid worker about signing up.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Midland
Midland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Midland, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Midland
Midland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Midland, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Midland
Review of Brookdale Midland
My mother has been in Brookdale Midland. They have been great. The staff is wonderful. All the accommodations are great. They're very attentive. When she calls on the button, they're arrive to help... Read more
Review of Legacy Ranch Memory Care
Everything is great here at Legacy Ranch Memory Care. I chose it because everyone knows about Alzheimer's and dementia and knows how to treat the residents. They have an atrium where everybody can ... Read more
Review of Cimarron Place
The staff members in Cimarron Place are very friendly. The grounds are kept clean and neat, and the location is OK. My mother-in-law's apartment is a one-bedroom with a restroom, a microwave, and r... Read more