St Gabriel of Corpus Christi

Assisted Living Reviews for St Gabriel of Corpus Christi

Memory Care Reviews for St Gabriel of Corpus Christi

June 26, 2021

By Teresa

St. Gabriel of Corpus Christi was wonderful. It's a newer facility. The staff is trained for patients with memory care issues. They have motion detectors in each of the patient's rooms and restrooms, so that they can monitor them in case someone has taken a fall or something like that. They could go check on them in the middle of the night. I was completely impressed with the facility. They suggested I bring my father back and that would be a nice way for him to get to see the facility to come have lunch. We haven't done it yet, but they offered.

March 18, 2021

By Cissy

St. Gabriel of Corpus Christi Memory Care was very nice, and that's probably gonna be our choice when something does happen. They were really wonderful. It's just topnotch. Everybody stopped by to meet me, from the president, to the person who was in charge of the medical stuff, to the person who was in charge of the food. They had a nice bag to give to me to take away. Someone even bought a book for me about taking care of elderly parents. It was really topnotch and well done. The staff was excellent and answered all my questions, very professional, very caring, and compassionate. The facility was gorgeous.

August 13, 2019

By Michelle Wilson

I toured this community in hopess of moving my Mother to the area to be closer to my family. The building in currently under new management and the things I saw was great. I have toured many communities in the area and this is this is the only one that had nurses in the building around the clock for care not just on call. This is a big plus for me as my Mom has issues with her blood sugar at times. All the staff was very friendly and were interacting eith the people who live there. I saw choices on the menu for the meals and I thought that was great. It just seemed like one big happy family and that is what I am looking for. It is hard to move someone from the only home they know, so having it home like is so important. If all work out this is the place I will choose for my Mom. The price is right and the care seems to be more that I expected when starting this journey. The resources they gave me to help deal with my Mom's memory changes was worth more than I can ever say. If you are looking for a place for a loved one with memory issues please visit here. It's all they do and they seem to be experts at it. Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease.
See all Memory Care reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Questions about St Gabriel of Corpus Christi

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Training is continuous and required to work here.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Six, we are a smaller home.

What programs or activities does St Gabriel of Corpus Christi offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Thirty minute intervals to capture their attention. Sensory programs and strong on music therapy. Director of Programs has a music degree.

Nursing and Director of Nursing with input from Resident Attendants that work one to one with the Residents.

What techniques does St Gabriel of Corpus Christi use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Hand over hand feedings, redirection, music therapy, aroma therapy, finger foods if needed.

How does St Gabriel of Corpus Christi keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Care Plan process and updates as needed for any changes

Describe the neighborhood around St Gabriel of Corpus Christi. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential neighborhood on a very private area.

Is St Gabriel of Corpus Christi affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Yes the Resident Family members have the right to have their loved one sent to any hospital of their choice. Transportation would be arranged.

Costs for St Gabriel of Corpus Christi

Photos of St Gabriel of Corpus Christi

Services and Amenities of St Gabriel of Corpus Christi

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Get Costs

About St Gabriel of Corpus Christi

We believe that if a community’s focus is strictly on care, they don’t care enough. At St Gabriel of Corpus Christi, great care is just a by-product of bigger and better things.

We’ve taken the blueprint for traditional memory care and put it right where it belongs—the trash can. It wasn’t hard. Traditional memory care communities stink. There’s no getting around that.

What do we do? At St Gabriel of Corpus Christi, we start with a deep-rooted belief that if there is breath in a person’s lungs, their life has tremendous value. We have built a team that aligns with that belief. We believe all people should be viewed through the lens of what they can do rather than what they cannot. And this team, they are really good at it.

We’re located in Corpus Christi, just off SPID. Our team members are NIDE (National Institute for Dementia Education) trained and certified which is a mouthful to say, but simply means that our team members are prepared and qualified to interact with your loved one as a unique human being, not a case study. Our community features four unique small house living environments, each with its own living, dining, and courtyard spaces. Every detail of the community was purpose-built to maximize freedom and creativity.

Look, we know that memory loss can be difficult for families. Fortunately, finding the memory care thought leaders in Corpus Christi isn’t.

St Gabriel of Corpus Christi team members (employees) come to work each day to build long-lasting friendships with our Elders. Many of our key leaders bring valuable experience to our industry from other fields. Simply put, our leaders believe that if we treat our team well, they will, in turn, love our residents well.

We carefully build teams in St Gabriel of Corpus Christi community who align on a few core beliefs. One of those beliefs is that every breath breathed on earth serves a purpose. It’s a powerful thought. This rooted belief allows us to offer significant strength and direction to families with an Elder living with memory loss. Our introduction to most families occurs when they have more questions than answers. Our communities are designed to simplify life and empower residents to make their own living choices. Our approach is to educate and teach families new and productive patterns of communication with their mom, dad, spouse or sibling who is living with memory loss. Every member of the St Gabriel of Corpus Christi team is NIDE (National Institute for Dementia Education) certified. That includes everyone from the chefs and housekeepers to the concierge and nurses. Education allows us to interact with our memory care residents as unique people rather than objects in need of care. Every Elder has a story. Our goal is to play a significant role in this chapter by building a friendship and instilling purpose.

Thank you for your interest at At St Gabriel of Corpus Christi. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of St Gabriel of Corpus Christi