Retama Manor Nursing Center

Reviews of Retama Manor Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Retama Manor Nursing Center

July 15, 2014

By Amanda reyes

My uncle stays here and we couldn't be happier. He loves both the nurses and knows most of the staff by name. He has improved so much that in time I know that he will be coming home soon. They got a new boss and head nurse that have turned this place into the building it always had the potential to be. Don't go anywhere else, you will be pleased here!!

May 31, 2013

By B. Smith

My father went into Retama Manor in January on a rehab basis. It was a smoking facility and he was a smoker. The people there were very, very caring and there were some great caregivers there. The rooms were fine on the rehab floor. Unless you're a fall risk, the room would be somewhat small. When we went out to visit, they had Valentine's Day going on. They had games and families was there for their loved ones. It seemed like they had a lot of things posted on their event calendar. But dad wasn't even well enough to do any of them. He never got well enough and he passed away in March. There were three nurses who were so loving to dad. They had fallen in love with him in that short period of time. And to take care of him in the end like that, was amazing to me.

January 20, 2012

By ALerma120

My grandfather lived out the rest of his days at this nursing home. I visited often, and never expected the place to be a palace. However, even in old age, every human being deserves to be cared for with dignity. My grandpa contracted numerous bacterial infections from unsanitary practices by the nurses (?). Speaking of nurses, one in particular who wore a name tag claiming to be an LVN made my mother cry and feel guilty about having to put my grandpa in a nursing home due to her own failing health. Incidentally, I tried to make a report against this "nurse" and there was no one registered under her name. I suspected there were very few workers there who were actually licensed. Most of the hurt they caused my grandpa was due to stupid mistakes. They stepped on his catheter tube, ripping it out and causing severe bleeding as well as the aforementioned infection. There are gory details the doctor shared with us regarding my grandpa's physical condition after he passed away. I have visited other beautiful assisted living centers that employ caring, sweet staff members who took good care of my grandfather before we had to move him to this awful place due to costs. He lost over 20 pounds in the 2 months after he had to check into this facility. I would definitely NOT recommend that other families trust their loved ones in the care of Retama Manor Nursing Home.

About Retama Manor Nursing Center

Retama Manor Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Corpus Christi, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Retama Manor Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Retama Manor Nursing Center