Florence Place

Reviews of Florence Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Florence Place

November 27, 2018

By Wendy

My mom is living in Florence Place. I have no problems with it whatsoever as far as the design and upkeep of the building. Everything has been wonderful and I have no complaints. The staff had been wonderful. They work with my mom so much to accommodate her, which has been great. My mom has no sense of time as far as getting prepared or ready, so they have really worked with getting someone help her get dressed and ready in order to participate in activities and go on trips. My mom loves the music programs.

October 26, 2017

By Sharon McA

LOVE the people that care for my mother here. She's been there almost 4 years and is very happy. Any bumps in the road have been handled professionally and compassionately. They treat her like family, and she loves them like family. Believe me, if my mother wasn't happy there, I would not have her there - and she's a handful sometimes!

August 15, 2014

By Susan91522850

I like Laurel Gardens a lot. It was attractive and I like the location. It was on the side of town I wanted to be in. Everybody was very friendly. It was almost perfect. I like the level of activity I saw there -- people weren't sitting, staring, and drooling. They were moving around and active. They're clean and very nice. The staff was very nice to me, too. I don't know about their activities, but they do take people out. They have a little bus for them. I had a nice lunch there and it was delicious.

November 30, 2013

By Sheryl4

Emeritus never followed back up with me. I wanted a price on three different locations. One of their locations was located on Hilton Head Island where we were going to be staying for our vacation and I thought I might take my mother there if she could stand the ride. This was last year. She never followed it up and gave me a quote on what the per day rate was at the one in Hilton Head but yet they called back six months later and wondered if they could help me find respite care for a week for us to be on vacation and I said you didn't help me last year. I'm not badmouthing them for that. It was a nice enough place because I'm not that picky. The manager of the place said she was going to give me a tour but all I saw was one dark, little room that had a bunch of furniture in it. It was poorly lit and my mother would have fallen over something due to it being dark and interrior. Also the layout of it was like square. You had to turn to the left, turn to the right, make another left or whatever to get to the great room where the TV was. My mother has Alzheimer's so she'd never figure out how to get back to the room. The staff were friendly, nice and helpful for any questions that I had but it wasn't a tour, it was just a sit down and let me tell you what we offer and here's how much it is a day. There's not a TV in there but for somebody who has Alzheimer's and dementia, a big part of their day is just sitting there and watching TV.

September 26, 2013

By Aileen46

Laurel Gardens was okay but it's too expensive and I wasn't 100% impressed. Most of the patients I saw were in wheelchairs. The staff was fine. I haven't tried the food though. I just really can't afford Laurel Gardens.

Memory Care Reviews for Florence Place

• Meal Preparation

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Florence Place

Florence Place is a pet friendly senior living community in Florence, SC, where we provide residents with quality care and assistance in their daily routine when needed, while promoting independence as long as possible. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time licensed nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Situated in a peaceful part of town, our senior community provides an ideal senior living setting with a variety of amenities in the area. In order to provide our residents the opportunity to thrive in body and mind, we design engaging excursions and activities tailored to keeping everyone young at heart. Be it Bingo, Ice Cream Socials, Devotional Services or Exercise Classes, there are various activities to connect you with friends. Our community offers Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in addition to our Assisted Living accommodations, so you can have peace of mind that your loved one will receive supportive memory care on-site if the need arises. Schedule a visit to explore Florence Place senior living community's services for yourself today.

Map of Florence Place