Greenbriar Center

Reviews of Greenbriar Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Greenbriar Center

April 03, 2016

By E.Friendly

I was a patient at Greenbriar for several weeks after a long stay at St. E.lizabeth's. I enjoyed my stay and received excellent therapy. Everyone was kind and made me feel welcome. I plan on volunteering there during the summer.

February 08, 2016

By Betz

I had my 97 year old mother there for the month of Nov 2015, she was only there for rehabilitation, i.e. physical and occupational therapy.. It was a horrible experience for us. They did not follow the directions for her care, especially in regards to her meals. Her meat was to be cut into small pieces, that was actually circled on each menu, however it wasn't until the 4th week that they followed that instruction. .She was to eat in the special dining room where there were aides to assist the patient. Mother could feed herself once the beverages were put into cups/glasses with straws and lids - that was often not done. The workers in the special dining room conversed amongst themselves as if those they were caring for were deaf and/or brain dead. I made the Director aware of this and suggested cameras. The majority of the staff are very caring and kind but there is no following through. Mother was having a congestion problem and the Doctor ordered breathing treatments twice a day for 15 minutes each. I had received a phone call at 5:15 p.m. from a family member who came to visit and thought it was oxygen and that Mother had taken a turn for the worst. I reassured him that it was a 15 minute breathing treatment and all was well. He left as she was sleeping. I arrived about 8 p,m. and Mother was dozing in bed with the breathing apparatus on her face. When I inquired from the nurse in charge as to why this was still on my mother at this time and she said she didn't know as she just came on duty at 7 p.m. Nurse Karen could not tell me when or who had begun the treatment as she couldn't access any of my mother's records prior to her shift starting. What if she'd aspirated during that 3 hour treatment? The same nurse was verbally abusive to a gentleman down the hall as he kept asking for help. She actually yelled "shut up" twice and it was loud enough for all to hear. My mother's Medicare Advantage only gave me 4 nursing homes to choose from in our area and 2 of them [Greenbriar was one] were in trouble with Medicare during November according to Vindicator reports. Just last week, a third nursing home on the list [Campus] actually closed as they were going to have their license revoked. Forty four patients had to be relocated. Again, the employees were all kind and caring, but something is very wrong with their inability to carry directions through. I actually paid a private caregiver to be there when I couldn't as I felt my mother was in danger. I wouldn't even give Greenbriar one star!

December 07, 2011

By noles

Greenbriar Nursing home is an exceptional nursing home. I have visited the nursing home numerous times for activities and family members. The staff has always been very polite and courteous. Various programs are offered to the residents throughout the day. The nursing home has volunteers that come often to work or talk with residents. The nursing staff offered great care, and helped with all of our questions and concerns. The nursing home worked with local elementary schools to bring in children to spend time with the residents. During the holidays children would come in to sing, decorate, or just spend time with residents. It really helped bring out the holiday spirit in everyone. Greenbriar is also located in a great area. It is easily accessible, and in a safe area. The facilities are up to date, and renovations are made when needed. The residents seem to be cheerful and happy with the services provided.

Services and Amenities of Greenbriar Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Greenbriar Center

Greenbriar Center is a senior living provider in Boardman, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Greenbriar Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Greenbriar Center