The Landing of Poughkeepsie

Reviews of The Landing of Poughkeepsie

Assisted Living Reviews for The Landing of Poughkeepsie

January 01, 2020

By Greg

I visited both the memory care and assisted living at The Landing of Poughkeepsie. The menu looked very good and the people were very nice. The facility was gorgeous, brand new, well set up,but it's very expensive and they don't take Medicaid. The staff was very nice and answered all our questions. They had more of a formal dining room, so it felt a lot nicer. They had a movie theater and activities throughout the day. They had a good program for the memory care, too. It felt homey.

May 01, 2018

By Glenn

My mom moved into the assisted living area at The Landing of Poughkeepsie last September, and my dad was in the memory care unit. It's a beautiful facility. They're short-staffed since the staff has dwindled over the past six months. It's getting a little bit better again for assisted living people, but the memory care unit is very understaffed right now. My mom's room is very nice, like a small studio apartment with a mini kitchen, eating area, a nice area for a bed and a TV, and a large bathroom to go along with that. The food was pretty good, but my mom complains every once in a while about it. They've got a considerable amount of activities like arts and crafts, yoga, exercise, and musicians who play in the common area. They also have wine tasting in the afternoons.

October 31, 2017

By Carolyn

The Landing Of Poughkeepsie was absolutely perfect, but I couldn't afford it. The rooms were adequate. They thought of every little thing. I couldn't conceive of one thing they hadn't covered in that establishment. I wish I could afford to live there, but I can't. They have culinary trained chef. The dining room is open 12 hours a day for any meal at any time. To me, it was the most wonderful place. Everyone that I talked to was excellent. The lady at the reception desk and the fellow who gave us the tour were very knowledgeable and very caring. The staff I saw as we walked through was excellent as well. I didn't eat there but they gave us a going away package of galettes that would melt in your mouth and were wonderful. This place was like heaven to me. It's top notch. They showed a calendar of their activities which had four to six every single day throughout the month.

October 13, 2016

By Joseph846730

The Landing Of Poughkeepsie looked like a very nice place. The rooms were very nice. Everything was very nice. The place was less than a year old. The staff was very pleasant. The price was a little bit high, but that’s expected in New York. The location was not the best because it’s 25 minutes away. Also, my wife is not a candidate of this place anymore. I like that the place has a separate just for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.

Questions about The Landing of Poughkeepsie

What programs or activities does The Landing of Poughkeepsie offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Here at The Landing of Poughkeepsie we have a full calendar of educational, social and cultural opportunities and entertainment events weekly.

What places are near The Landing of Poughkeepsie or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Public library, Poughkeepsie Galleria Mall, Adams grocery store.

What transportation services does The Landing of Poughkeepsie offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus and a car.

If The Landing of Poughkeepsie accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do take small dogs and cats. We have a one time nonrefunable $750 pet fee. Pets are not allowed in Memory Care.

Photos of The Landing of Poughkeepsie

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: 230-S-003

About The Landing of Poughkeepsie

The Landing of Poughkeepsie is a senior living provider in Poughkeepsie, New York that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact The Landing of Poughkeepsie for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Landing of Poughkeepsie