Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care New York, NY

Offers Independent Living, Nursing Homes, and Adult Day Care

515 Audubon Avenue, New York, NY 10040
Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care

Independent Living Reviews for Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care

Nursing Home Reviews for Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care

August 11, 2015

By Rita19

Isabella is very clean. It has two dining units. But I didn't see many residents. I think they should hire more staff too.

July 28, 2015

By John110688050

I had surgery on my knee and had it done three times, so I was in three large facilities in Manhattan here. The last one I was in was Isabelle Geriatric. It was a very good rehab place. They really are trying to get you better through the physical exercise that you do every day, twice in the morning and the afternoon. And then, for the rest of the day, you are on your own to take a nap or recover from the workout. And, of course, I had my own room, which was covered by my health insurance. They brought the food or you could go to the dining room. I did that once, and I didn't like it, so I set out to take my meals in my room, and it was the same food. I just didn't like looking at those poor people who had to be hand fed because they just couldn't feed themselves anymore. They had a dining area on each of the 13 floors, and you had a choice of going there for each of the three meals. They did also provide sandwiches, snacks, and fresh fruit in between. So, you could go in this room that was set up with tables, and the food was, I guess, almost prepared in that same room. The food was fine. I am sort of a gourmet so obviously it didn't quite match that. It was obviously mass produced, but considering the place where I was, it was OK, but not great. I think the building went back to the 1950s, but they had remodeled and painted it. The bed was motorized, so it was a contemporary bed, and there was an adjacent bathroom which had a bath tub, a shower, a sink, and a toilet. They were very good about putting clean towels in there. Also, if you happen to have a problem with your bowels or bladder at night in the bed, they didn't make a big to do about it. They'd clean you up. The floor that I was on was for people whose mobility was impaired for various reasons. Usually, somebody would come by and pick me up in a wheelchair, and they would wheel me to the first room where they work on certain parts of physical therapy which was exercises like moving your arms and legs. Sometimes, they would do one procedure in the morning, the other in the afternoon, and then reverse it. The other procedure was for people who were more impaired than I was or people who were obviously experiencing dementia. I had not gotten that bad, but they had the same things for many people. They modified it a little bit, and they realized that I wasn't defective in my cognitive behavior, so we found something else to do to take up the time.

May 31, 2015

By Guillermo1

Isabella Geriatric Center was very nice, but it seemed more like a hospital setting. It seemed very busy and very big, but it seemed very competent and very clean. The staff was very nice and very pleasant. It seemed to have quite a bit of activities. There was a list of things that they can do there that kept everybody very busy. They had a waiting list, too.

May 03, 2015

Isabella House has a lot of privacy, and it is very affordable. We were going to get my father a one room with a balcony. Other assisted living facilities don't have balconies. It has a very large balcony, and it has a very large separate kitchen with four or five very large closets, so the space is very accommodating. I would move in to that place myself.

March 17, 2015

Isabella seemed like a vibrant community. There were lots of resources within the facility. It had a high staff ratio. The room was nice, but it was a bit small. There were nice views in the room. There were lots of activities. For admittance, Isabella seemed to be like limited followup. When inquiring and in terms of navigating admittance there, the staff wasn't good with following up.

November 11, 2014

By Mary101557050

I was able to visit a friend of mine at Isabella Geriatric Care. It is a very decent place. The staff is kind, attentive, and helpful. We were pleased with them. When I visited one time they have a program going on like music and therapy. My friend loves it. She is in a shared room, and the residents are not spending a lot in their room. They are more engaged with the activities.

January 06, 2013

By bill11

Other

DON"T GO THERE.My husband was humiliated and disrespected by the aides. One walked in on him in the bathroom and when he protested, said "I've seen him before." This was after REQUESTING SOAP IN THE BATHROOM.. On another occasion, an aide delibertely seated him so inconveniently that he could not transport himself in a wheel chair to leave the dining area Consequently he urinated in his pants. This place is a nightmare. They make there money in any way they can. A NIGHTMARE

December 03, 2012

By Mr. Swanson

It was very nice. They were all very friendly. The one negative thing was that it was not very bright in there. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but they might as well have had the lights off in there..

October 01, 2012

By gc369

think the facility was well maintained and looked very good compared to the other facilities I have visited. It was very large and had a variety of things for the residents to do. There was always staff around and willing to help. The outside was well maintained. Some of the other facilities I had been to in the past had an unpleasant odor as soon as you entered. This was not the case at this facility. The patient room was clean, there was no garbage lying about and the nursing staff was attentive to the patients. During mealtime there were staff members in the dining room, to assist in feedings. The dining area was clean; the food was fresh and at the appropriate temperature and someone came to pick up the food trays within a reasonable amount of time. Overall my visit with my friend was extremely pleasant and I felt that she was getting the best possible care since no one was able to be with her 24 hours a day.

May 15, 2012

By maiya

I really like this facility. My grandpa says that he feels great there and that the staff is really good. I have seen by myself that the staff is well educationed and organized. They pay attention to all of their patients equally. The rooms and corridors are well-lit and nice painted. In each room there is enough room not to trip over anything. Also, there is a TV room, where patients can talk and entertain themselves. They are good at making matches also, my grandpa has met a friend there and now he shares a room with her. The food is great, portions are big and yummy. Visitors can come anytime at afternoon and take a walk with relatives or friends if they want to. There is a park near, only for patients of the facility. It has a lot of trees, and paths throughout. I must say that if I will ever need care of this type, I would like to go in this facility.

Photos of Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care

Rates

• Hourly Rate: $23/Hour
  • Live In Rate: $234/Day

About Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care

Isabella is a state of the art 705 bed skilled nursing facility offering differentiated levels of care provided in separate units. Our focus is to provide each individual the opportunity to lead an enjoyable and meaningful life. In addition to 24-hour medical and nursing care, we offer a wide assortment of recreational, social and spiritual activities throughout our facilities. Arts and crafts, games, movies, and parties are just some of what you'll find on campus: we also provide pastoral care, therapeutic touch, exercise programs and a lot of intergenerational fun.

Our services include:

• Long Term Care
  • Short term Rehabilitation
  • Ventilator Dependent Care
  • Respiratory Step Down
  • Dementia Care
  • Younger Adult Care (ages 21 to 65)
  • Respite Care (Short-term stays up to 30 days)

How You Benefit:

Isabella's constant commitment to resident-centered care ensures that each resident enjoys our home-like environment and the wealth of thoughtful, personal attention that shows respect for choices, preferences and autonomy.

Short Term and Long Term Rehabilitation:

Our highly skilled and experienced clinical professionals work with each resident and his or her family to provide the guidance and care needed to ensure maximum recovery. Individuals whose care needs are complex and who require a substantial period of recovery will benefit from Isabella's Long-term Rehabilitation Program.

The rehabilitation therapy team and nursing staff provide a comprehensive therapy program that will help reinforce skills learned in our rehabilitation suite.

These skills would include:

• Walking
  • Communication
  • Range of motion
  • Assistance with daily living skills
  • Grooming
  • Dressing
  • Bed Mobility
  • Use of adaptive devices
  • Prosthetic Training

Our care team consists of:

• Board Certified Physical Medicine Rehabilitation Physicians
  • Physical Therapists
  • Occupational Therapists
  • Speech and Language Therapists
  • Rehabilitation Certified Nursing Assistants

Ventilator Dependent Care / Respiratory Step Down:

Isabella's state-of-the-art ventilator unit provides acute respiratory assistance to residents whose health needs require it, with an emphasis on weaning residents off ventilators. We have 20 certified ventilator beds, 16 respiratory transition beds and a specially trained, inter-disciplinary team of professionals to treat, monitor and assist each resident.

Dementia / Alzheimer's Care

Isabella offers a caring, therapeutic program for adults with dementia including Alzheimer's disease. The program benefits from a dedicated staff which includes: a program coordinator, head nurse, nursing assistants, dietitian, social worker, therapeutic recreation specialist and rehabilitation specialist. Isabella's program strives to support each resident's strengths and abilities, while maximizing a sense of security and self-esteem.

General Information

Secured Alzheimer's and Dementia Unit: Yes

Care for residents (living outside of a secured Alzheimer's unit) that have mild Dementia: Yes

Reimbursement

Private Pay, LTCI, Medicaid/Medical

Facility Features

TV Room, Housecleaning, Greenhouse/Garden, Parking, Beauty Parlor, Laundry, Computer Room, Guest Speakers

Map of Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care