Wingate at Beacon

Reviews of Wingate at Beacon

Nursing Home Reviews for Wingate at Beacon

March 13, 2013

By Jack M.

My uncle was at Wingate for five or six weeks. I was there every day. It worked out really well for him. The staff was great, the therapists were really good, and the place was very clean. It's a new and gorgeous facility. On Christmas Eve, we brought food and they gave us a private dining room for two hours. They have a concierge there who does anything you want. The nurses and the aides are very quick to respond. Unfortunately, my uncle was really sick and he never got downstairs among the other residents. He was just there to have physical therapy. He liked the therapists a lot. I also noticed that every day there's a lot of things going on and all the patients seemed happy. There were events for a whole month. I like everything except the social worker. She kept us in the dark and I wasn't too happy with her. But that was just one person. I would definitely recommend them.

July 05, 2012

By lola62

While the staff at this location seemed attentive overall, this was not the case upon my grandmother's arrival to the facility. They made her feel as though she could not ring for assistance during the night, because it was a disruption for them to come help her. After a conversation with the head nurse on staff, this behavior stopped. The facility was clean though, and in fairly good condition. It is important to note though, that although the building was constructed within the past 15 years, the equippment (i.e., hospital beds, commodes, wheelchairs) looked as though it was bought in the 1970's; stained and old, clunky to use and depressing. They did offer a wide variety of events and games, and had a spacious dining area in which the residents were able to gather and socialize during mealtime. Grandma informed me that the food was not up to her standards, as she was served a bologna and cheese sandwich for dinner two evenings in a row.

May 04, 2011

By R. S.

Resident

I was a patient at the wingate in Beacon for almost one month and the staff and care was exceptional! I went to rehab 6 days a week and the therapists made my rehab lots of fun. The nurses and aides were professional and caring. The social workers helped to get me home and arranged for rehabilitation services in my home. The social workers have enormous patience! I can't say enough good things about my experience there, especially at a time in my life when I needed a lot of help.

About Wingate at Beacon

Wingate at Beacon is a senior living provider in Beacon, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Wingate at Beacon for more details on services and rates.

Map of Wingate at Beacon