Landmark at Desert Gardens

Landmark at Desert Gardens (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Landmark at Desert Gardens

Assisted Living Reviews for Landmark at Desert Gardens

November 24, 2015

I was not really pleased with Landmark at Desert Gardens during my visit. The staff seemed pretty good, but I was just not thrilled with the building. They showed me one room, and it was just empty, like a motel room. The building is an old motel, so it's very small and has a smell to it.

Thank you so much for your feedback about your visit to Desert Gardens. Yes, this is a very old historic landmark building, built in the 1960's, when Downtown Hobbs was the heart of the city. Many of our residents remember coming here for conferences and dances in our club room. (and we still have big parties, educational seminars and dances here!) Older buildings have challenges and also charm. I am sorry you saw an empty room when you came to visit. Many of our residents have beautifully furnished rooms. Perhaps our model room was occupied by a guest visitor. I am Lynn Berry, the administrator at Landmark at Desert Gardens, and I believe that an old building has charm, and that it can also smell and look lovely! I have partnered with a local furniture company, and I am setting up a new model room that will reflect the charm and ambiance of living in a historic building. We have a wonderful caring team, and amazing elders, who are living with vibrancy and continuing to learn every day! We are thrilled about our new #Gen2000 program where young people are teaching elders to connect with their families through Face-time or SKYPE. You may see some of our residents in our lobby on an iPad with earphones watching YouTube videos. Our young people are also benefiting from the wisdom of the elders. Many elders have given us the gift of their recorded stories that we have preserved for their families, and some stories are posted on our website. I welcome you to come back and talk with me, and join me for for a meal. I would love to learn more about you, and what your needs are for assisted living, and hear what else you have to say. Thank you again for your feedback. I truly appreciate it! Warmly, Lynn Berry, Administrator.

July 31, 2013

By Cyndi3

I visited Desert Gardens. The staff treated the residents well and with respect. As it was an old facility and they had just been bought by another company, they were undergoing renovation.

May 31, 2013

By 688Caring

I am a resident of five years having lost my husband to lung cancer and the final decision was the resuly of a fall that broke my left femur and tibia. I remain here because of the convenience as well as satisfaction with the service and that I am now acquainted with the other residents. We are much like a family. Our director and his staff care about us and attempt to give us needed service as well as understanding we who are many years their senior. We are safe and secure.

Costs for Landmark at Desert Gardens

Photos of Landmark at Desert Gardens

Services and Amenities of Landmark at Desert Gardens

• Companion Suites: No

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 3

• Occupational Therapy

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: New Mexico

About Landmark at Desert Gardens

Landmark at Desert Gardens Assisted Living & Memory Care is located in downtown Hobbs. We offer a vision of growing older that demonstrates how our elder years can be the best, richest, most meaningful time of our life, and you can begin this adventure whatever your age, physical, or cognitive condition. We believe that companionship, the opportunity to give meaningful care to other living things, and the variety and spontaneity that mark an enlivened environment, can create a life worth living.

Whether you are a Boomer seeking the best for your mom, a senior interested in securing your own future care, or someone that enjoys the companionship and wisdom of elders - you have started in the right place. We invite you to join us for an hour, a day, or a week to experience what Assisted Living and Memory Care Neighborhoods can really be like.

Map of Landmark at Desert Gardens