The Chelsea at Bald Eagle

Reviews of The Chelsea at Bald Eagle

Assisted Living Reviews for The Chelsea at Bald Eagle

June 10, 2016

By Chris802640

The Chelsea at Bald Eagle was very good. We liked everything. The dining area was well kept, clean, and professional. I didn't see anything that concerned me. The access was confined to a few entrances with someone on duty. The price and financial arrangements were good.

March 28, 2016

By Caring Daughter122739850

The Chelsea at Bald Eagle is so much homier than some of the other places I've seen. They have lots of different things to do and take people to the doctors. The staff seems very nice. It is the only place where I can potentially bring my parents to live.

January 26, 2016

By David119776450

The Chelsea at Bald Eagle was OK, but small. The rooms were OK. It was a nice setup, but it was too expensive. The staff was fine. The tour went very smooth.

September 29, 2015

We visited The Chelsea at Bald Eagle for my mother. It was a very nice facility. It was very clean. There was a lot of activity. It was actually a perfect place, but the pricing was too high. The people were very nice. The apartments were spacious and nice. However, they only had four units, so there wasn't very many, and that was the only problem.

May 06, 2015

By Carol110486450

She was at The Chelsea, but she is now in a psychiatric unit, and we still do not when she will return. The facility was nice, and the rooms were wonderful -- plenty big enough and clean.

October 24, 2014

By Caring95431950

My mom is in The Chelsea, and she’s stable, calm and getting adjusted. The staff is very caring. It is very clean and very nice. It is a very pretty facility. The dining room is very nice, and she always liked the food; she thought it was very good. It always seemed the residents are very lively, sitting down and conversing. The dining room looked like a restaurant. Mother has a private room and when you have to share, you just share a bathroom.

August 28, 2014

By Mitch5

I found The Chelsea at Bald Eagle for my mom. We visited a few of the places and this one seems to be the nicest one, and it was very reasonably priced. They have been outstanding and it is a place that I would highly recommend. The staff is excellent. Every staff person I met seemed to really care about the residents and their family, and it is a very, very professionally run place. The rooms are of nice size and clean. They update everything. Maintenance is very impeccable, they keep it up maintenance-wise perfectly. They have so many activities, i.e., they go to shopping center, they go to plays and shows, and they go out for dinners. They have a restaurant. They have bingo, card games, and it just goes on. What I like best about this one is the facility's cleanliness. It is a professionally run place. There is no comparison to others.

July 06, 2014

The Chelsea at Bald Eagle was very nice, but it was far. It is not built up between here and there, so that when we were on 23 North it seemed like there was no population. But I liked it because it was away from the heavier sounds of traffic. I like very much what they have to offer.

October 27, 2013

By Marie27

What I liked about The Chelsea is that the rooms were nice, big, and bright. The one room that we looked at in particular had a nice little outdoor patio. The staff seemed to know everybody by their first names and I liked that. They were also kind enough to spend time with me answering all my questions. They really seemed to respect the residents. They care for them a lot and they wanted the residents to have much stimulation within the day. There were a lot of things going on there. We did see various activities as they were happening. They also have a vegetable garden that the residents were working on which was also very nice.

Independent Living Reviews for The Chelsea at Bald Eagle

December 20, 2015

By Dawn36

The Chelsea was nice, but it wasn’t as homey. It was a little farther out and a bit remote. The rooms were clean, neat, big, and well decorated. I saw the area where they have dinners and that was a nice setup. They showed us that they had a beauty salon on site. They give us an apple pie when we visited. The accommodations were clean and neat. The staff was nice and accommodating.

November 29, 2015

By Jennifer116962350

The Chelsea Bald Eagle was a nice facility, but their rooms were very small, like studio flats. They had an art room, a salon, and game room.

October 28, 2014

I am in The Chelsea at Bald Eagle. It fits my needs because it is not an assisted living. It is an independent living because I do not need assisted as I can pretty much do everything on my own. So, I pay a much lower rate than the people here who are in the assisted living. It is very good and I love it. The apartment is very accommodating for me. It is in the country. As a matter of fact, it is three miles from where I go fishing. My cleaning lady comes once a week and she does an excellent job in cleaning up my apartment. I am very happy here. The only negative I find is that everybody is subject to 7% increase in the rent that has happened the last three years and it has a lot of people worried.

May 02, 2013

I liked Van Dyk's proximity to me. I could get to my mom in less than an hour. My mom shared a two-bedroom apartment, with walk in closets, a full kitchen, with a big living room and a big shower. It was a huge, very clean and state-of-the-art apartment. The staff was really nice but they could improve on the food they served. My mom said that the food wasn't that great but it also wasn't horrible.

Costs for The Chelsea at Bald Eagle

Photos of The Chelsea at Bald Eagle

Services and Amenities of The Chelsea at Bald Eagle

• Detached Homes

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room For Special Gatherings

• Features Extra: Library

• Occupational Therapy

About The Chelsea at Bald Eagle

Nestled in the shadows of the scenic Wyanokie Mountains, The Chelsea At Bald Eagle offers several options for senior living based on the level of independence each resident desires. The Chelsea’s Assisted Living neighborhood offers private and semi-private apartments for those who need a little help with day to day routines. Wonderful meals prepared by our fabulous chef are served in a restaurant-style dining room. Regular laundry and cleaning services mean you’ll never have to cook or clean again.

Map of The Chelsea at Bald Eagle