Colts Neck Village Assisted Living Colts Neck, NJ

Reviews of Colts Neck Village Assisted Living

Memory Care Reviews for Colts Neck Village Assisted Living

February 23, 2015

By jsjaccan

I have never written a review about anything, but I am so grateful to the staff at Brandywine that I want to share my experience. My mom has always been a strong personality, and Alzheimer’s intensified that part of her personality. We tried a live-in for 8 months and that didn’t work very well, so we moved her out here to New Jersey and put her in an Assisted Living. Physically my mom was fine, but her mind needed to be occupied and have structure. Activities in Assisted Living are optional, and the lack of structure in this type of environment was not the place for a strong willed Alzheimer’s patient. My mom never settled in, so after 7 months of constant phone calls and chaos, we started looking for another place for mom. I thank God every day that we heard about Brandywine Reflections at Colts Neck. The Director Amy went above and beyond to help us get her in ASAP. The staff not only gives my mom the care she needs, but she is always occupied and she actually seems happy for the first time in over a year. The patience and compassion shown by the staff to each and every resident is truly heartwarming. The residents are engaged in activities throughout the day. My mom hates to be alone, so there is always someone around to keep her company until she settles down. There are no words to describe the support and reassurance that they have given my family. We are finally at a place where we have peace of mind regarding my mom. Watching my mom live with Alzheimer’s is heartbreaking, but Amy and the entire staff at Brandywine Reflections definitely make this situation the best it can be.

December 30, 2014

By Joseph33

My wife is in Brandywine (Reflection at Colts Neck). She has a room, food, and nursing care. The staff is very nice. Her room is about 600 square feet, and it's like a studio with a living room, dining room, and bedroom all in one room. They have activities.

August 13, 2014

By WARREN ARNOLD

My wife has been a resident at Reflections at Colts Neck for about the last 4 years. We did not realize that she was in the early stages of Alzheimers when we moved to NJ from LI about 7 years ago. However this move caused a rapid advance in her dementia, to the point where it became impossible for her to be handled at home. We found Reflections at Colts Neck, which amongst other things was close to where I lived and also closer to where my son lived. As the past four years have proven, we really made an excellant choice since my wife seems to be very happy there, she gets along well with the staff, and the staff all know all about her whenever I or my son's family come to visit. You have to know my wife to understand that it is not easy to say that she is happy with the staff if that were not so. It is not easy to have to place someone to whom you have been married for over 50 years in an Assisted Living facility. However, considering the service and assistance she is getting from the entire staff, the Executive Director, the Wellness Director on down the line to all the aides and the chefs, etc. it does make the decision a bit easier. And they are also there for me when I have a question about my wife's condition. Its a hard combination to beat.

By S. Ostrovsky

My mother was a resident of this facility for several years, up to her passing at 91 years of age. When she first began to experience memory problems I hired an aide to care for her at home. As her problem worsened I decided to move her into an Assisted Living that had a memory 'unit'. That particular facility turned out to be a mistake as it was physically small, poorly maintained and left me feeling she was merely being 'babysat'. I looked for something better, someplace where she could move about without the restriction of a locked unit and a place that actually had programs designed to keep her from deteriorating further. I found such a place in Reflections at Colts Neck. This facility was a godsend. My mother was cared for with respect and dignity. Her needs were attended professionally and her mental status remained stable during her stay. The staff was excellent and my mom was cared for as if she was 'one of the family'. I would be remiss if I did not specifically single out the facility's director for special praise. Ms. Amy W. was absolutely fantastic. If I didn't know better I'd think Amy was one of my siblings. Her input into my mom's care cannot be overstated. As far as I'm concerned, Amy is worth her weight in gold. The last years of my mothers life were happy ones. I am so glad that I found this facility when I did.

By JoAnn Cartelli

Placing our mother in a facility was one of the hardest decisions my family has ever had to make (for her own safety, we didn't have a choice). The Executive Director, Amy Willner, and the whole staff at Reflections at Colts Neck greeted us with such warmth and compassion, it made the transition for us easier to deal with. Our mom has now been there for over four years and the care she receives is wonderful. She is happy and comfortable and we have peace of mind.

By Catherine S

My mom is a resident of Brandy wine "Reflections: at Colts Neck for a few years now.. The staff are Kind, friendly, courteous and very caring. They take very good care of my mother.

August 11, 2014

By GolferJohn

After 50 years of a great marriage, it was difficult to have your golf crazed wife develop Alzheimer's. Taking care of her at home was gratifying as "for better or for worse" became a reality. Things got worse and placing her into a local facility was a must for her safety. However, the promise of care and family comfort was not the case at this first facility and so we looked for a better answer. I visited seven facilities before i came upon Reflection at Colts Neck and EUREKA. The finding of care and comfort for her and the family became the reality we looked for The administration at Reflections and all the staff know and show care and concern for all the residents and their families. The love I have for my wife is just like the love Reflections at Colts Neck shows for her, but I won't be jealous. CARING AND COMFORT should be the sign over the entrance to Reflections at Colts Neck.

June 27, 2014

By Rochelle Greenholtz

My dad was a resident at Brandywine [Reflections at Colts Neck] for 3 and 1/2 years! The staff was caring and respectful to my dad and mindful of mine and my family's heavy heart ! This was the best decision & best facility for his needs with Alzheimer's !
See all Memory Care reviews (16) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Colts Neck Village Assisted Living

About Colts Neck Village Assisted Living

Colts Neck Village Assisted Living is a senior living provider in Colts Neck, New Jersey that offers residents Memory Care. Contact Colts Neck Village Assisted Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Colts Neck Village Assisted Living