The Residence at Great Woods

The Residence at Great Woods (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Residence at Great Woods

Assisted Living Reviews for The Residence at Great Woods

May 29, 2014

The rooms at EPOCH Assisted Living were pretty nice. It seemed like they had a lot more staff. They had a big dining hall, and they even had a breakfast place you could go to. They had a walking club, a sewing club, and exercise. The only thing they didn't have was a recreational room or anything like a pool table, which was what we were looking for. I like that it was only 2 stories high. It wasn't a real huge place. It was a lot of money, though. I would recommend it.

January 18, 2014

The problem with EPOCH is that it is very near the open theater in Mansfield and you get the noise from concerts. I also didn't feel that this facility was homey. Their rooms were neat and very up-to-date but very cold and institutional. The staff was very polite and very competent. I like the fact that they knew what they were about. They were extremely welcoming so much so that even the girl at the front desk greeted me. They already anticipated that walking around their facility would be difficult, therefore they had a wheelchair ready for me. However, I didn't feel the same warmth and care as I did with the other facility.

We appreciate you sharing your experience, and the four star rating for our community. We have never had a complaint that the Comcast Center was noisy or loud; and truthfully we have appreciated having the performance center nearby. We always try to keep our common areas open, clean and free of clutter, while encouraging residents to personalize and decorate their own space to their tastes and comfort. I’m pleased our staff treated you thoughtfully and warmly – that is truly part of our culture. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and we always welcome you for another visit.

December 16, 2013

EPOCH Assisted Living seemed very nice. Its ambience seemed fine. Regarding staff, I didn't really meet them all that much but I thought they're very nice. I was only there for a half an hour, but I would give them a high rating.

December 13, 2013

The staff is exceptional from business office to the van driver. I never lost a night of sleep knowing my parents were being well taken care and truly loved. There is absolutely nothing to complain about the best assisted living in the area.

June 17, 2013

By Diane26

My mom has been in EPOCH for two months now. The facility is clean. Their dining area is lovely, it looks like a restaurant. The food is also excellent. The room that she is staying in is bright and cheery. The staff also seem friendly. They have a lot of activities for their residents like lectures, word-finder games and jeopardy.

June 07, 2013

By Richard26

My mom moved in to Epoch about four weeks ago. The staff is great, I can't say enough about the staff, they actually know mom's first name within a few days and they were attentive to her. They did a good job of welcoming her and all the people there are very kind and understanding. She's very happy with the food. The entertainment committee is very good and they keep her busy. She likes it so much at Epoch.

August 28, 2012

By jwilson377

The building, staff and care are excellent at this facility. The building and decoration itself is very well designed and welcoming. Meals are served by wait staff in a restaurant-like setting. Activities are numerous and the care of the staff is excellent. We felt confident my aunt was being well cared for. The one drawback is the cost. My aunt's monthly base charge was $3500, plus any extra charges for help with a shower or help with medications. That is my major complaint not only about this facility, but about assisted living communities in general - the cost makes it prohibitive to most people. It only serves to narrow the options for most seniors just when they are in most need of help with their living situation.

Questions about The Residence at Great Woods

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Residence at Great Woods. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age of residents is 80, they enjoy trivia, educational programs and exercise.

What programs or activities does The Residence at Great Woods offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Educational lectures, cooking demonstrations, trivia of various genres, musicians

What places are near The Residence at Great Woods or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are within a short distance to Mansfield Crossing, Patriot Place in Foxborough and Wrentham Premium Outlets which all have an array of shopping and dining experiences.

What transportation services does The Residence at Great Woods offer to assisted living residents?

We have a 12 passenger van that can be utilized to transport residents to their medical appointments within a 12 mile radius.

What safety features or security measures does The Residence at Great Woods offer to assisted living residents?

We have 24 hour assistance available for residents, we utilize a pendant system and nightly checks.

How does The Residence at Great Woods keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

For general news within the community, we use a system called Voicefriend where we can send any and all designated family members updates on the community either via email, phone, or text- whichever they choose. If there is a concern or issue with a resident on an individual basis, our wellness department will reach out to the designated proxy/emergency contact for further guidance.

If The Residence at Great Woods accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept cats and small dogs- they need to be able to be cared for independently. We have a large back yard and walking path all around the property they could utilize for their daily needed exercise.

Costs for The Residence at Great Woods

Photos of The Residence at Great Woods

Services and Amenities of The Residence at Great Woods

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Residence at Great Woods

Imagine having more time to do what make you happy: catching up on the best-seller list, getting out to the theater with friends, learning a new language or relaxing with the people you enjoy. Imagine life without the worries & stresses of maintaining a home. Imagine you being you again.

This is the life that awaits you at The Residence at Ferry Park. Our charming Assisted Living and Memory Care community, located in Rocky Hill and easily accessible to Route 91, has convenient proximity to an array of local attractions, offers a wealth of amenities and places a premium on hospitality.

Serving Norton and other fine communities in the surrounding area.

Our community may be beautiful and well-maintained, but what truly sets us apart is a dedication to hospitality and service. Our community is your home, and you deserve to feel comfortable and attended to in a courteous, professional manner. To that end, we hire and train hospitality specialists who not only provide a great lifestyle, expert care and family atmosphere, but do so with an unfailing attention to service.

Map of The Residence at Great Woods