Morningside House of Friendship

Reviews of Morningside House of Friendship

Assisted Living Reviews for Morningside House of Friendship

January 26, 2015

By Jerry41

I chose Morningside for my wife because when we visited, they have all the residents dressed up. The staff is very friendly. They have bingo, and what I love about it is the friendliness and the openness of the facility.

January 25, 2015

We actually got her to a place at Hanover called Morningside House. Of course she was only there for like a month before she passed away. As short as it was t,he facility was fine. They had two levels of Dementia care which was good. You had one from the beginning to a certain point, then one that needed more help. She could walk around, talk, and eat. But she needed help as far as bathroom, showers, and medication. The staff seemed fine. I think the ratio should be a little bit better. The security is fine. We went to a bunch of places, and they all had a security code to get in the door and a security code to get out. It was all fenced in so I thought that was fine. The rooms are fine. The single ones were nice, and they had their own bathroom and stuff. The double one looks like a large dorm room. But like I said, once they are in bed or in a chair, they don't need a lot of room because they're not doing anything.

December 11, 2014

By Sandra98681950

Morningside House of Friendship is closer to where my daughter and son live, so it is more convenient for two of her grandchildren. So far, it has been great. My mother is not crazy about the food, and she is very picky. The staff is great. They are just very helpful because she needs a lot of assistance bathing; she can dress herself, but there are things that it just got to the point where we weren't comfortable with her doing like cooking. But she is really happy, and that is saying a lot for my mother. I like the attitude of the staff. They are honestly caring for the elderly.

May 29, 2013

Morningside House of Friendship was clean and beautiful. My mom would have a room if we chose that facility. There were also different activities. The staff were friendly and very understanding with my mom's issues. They were always available and the residents were well-cared for.

June 01, 2012

By Auntie1

This facility is located on top of a hill but just near a main road. This is a very beautiful place. The rooms are nice; spacious, has a kitchen, a bathroom with all the bars to help the residents in and out of the toilet and shower. I stayed there a couple of hours only so I didn't really observe any activities or entertainment. Also, I can't say much of the care the staff was giving to their residents. However, I'm really considering this place for my loved ones.

Questions about Morningside House of Friendship

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Each caregiver goes through the virtual dementia training and ongoing trainings

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Morningside House of Friendship. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents range between ages 65-101 with an average age of 82. They enjoy daily exercises, sip and paint and relaxing outside on a nice day. Everyone is encouraged to participate and there are many options to choose from through out the day and weekly trips to go on.

What programs or activities does Morningside House of Friendship offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our residents enjoy exercising their mind with word games and their bodies with exercise classes. Music and happy hour are big hits too,

What places are near Morningside House of Friendship or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are just a short car ride away from shopping and restaurants.

What transportation services does Morningside House of Friendship offer to assisted living residents?

We do offer appointment transportation that is included in each residents monthly rent. We also offer group outings with our activity department.

What makes the chef or dining program at Morningside House of Friendship exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chefs offer homecooked meals that are delicious and nutritious. Meals are served in an elegant dining room, restaurant style by our caring servers.

What safety features or security measures does Morningside House of Friendship offer to assisted living residents?

We have secure memory care neighborhoods. Our community also has a secure entrance. We have pull cord in all of our apartments as well as a personal emergency alarm system for those residents that require extra monitoring.

How does Morningside House of Friendship keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We do a monthly newsletter as well as regular email updates. Care planning meeting are also offered on a regular basis.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Morningside House of Friendship during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staffing is dependent on the care needs of our residents. We do offer 7 day a week on- site nurse.

If Morningside House of Friendship accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community. We have walking areas just waiting for a furry friend. We have two therapy dogs named Echo and Brinkley who visit several times a week.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff are trained in all areas including safety hazards, dementia care, sensitivity training, proper body mechanics, food service and they have to have up to date CPR/First Aid. We also receive special training if a resident need comes up that requires extra training.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our staffing is dependent on our residents care needs. In our memory care areas our daytime ratio is 1 to 8. We also have nurses in the community 7 days a week.

What safety features or security measures does Morningside House of Friendship provide to protect residents who wander?

We have two separate neighborhoods designed especially for residents who are exit seeking. Our community also has a secure entrance.

What programs or activities does Morningside House of Friendship offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We believe in caring for the entire resident. From Social-music from outside performers, physical- noodle ball and group games such as bingo.

Our residents are assessed prior to move in, at move in and 30 days after move in. They are then assessed every 45 days and as needed due to changes in care needs.

What techniques does Morningside House of Friendship use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We provide a calm and distraction free environment. Our staff coach and cue our residents offering hands on assistance if needed.

How does Morningside House of Friendship keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Morningside House of Friendship. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Morningside House of Friendship is near an industrial park with a residentials area just a short walk away. . We are close to BWI airport and not far from Arundel Mills Mall/Casino.

Is Morningside House of Friendship affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated, but do have strong relationships with area hospices and home health agencies.

Costs for Morningside House of Friendship

Payment options

• Check

• State Licenses: 02AL392

About Morningside House of Friendship

Morningside House of Friendship is located in beautiful Hanover, Maryland, and is considered the 'top-referred' assistant living facility in the area. We are known for our ability to provide effective and compassionate care for seniors of all care levels.

Staff members possess unique skills and traits, along with excellent training in order to provide residents with world-class care and companionship. We strive to provide seniors with beautiful apartments and wonderful amenities, including routine housekeeping, excellent dining facilities, live entertainment, happy hours, as well as shopping excursions.

Morningside House of Friendship offers seniors who do not require assistance with a Living Plus Plan, which allows them to enjoy all of the amenities and activities of this facility at a reduced rate. For residents who would benefit from assisted living, we offer compassionate care focused on tending to a senior's individualized needs. For seniors who suffer from dementia and memory loss, we offer a unique program that enables residents to stay active and engaged by enriching their lives with mentally stimulating daily activities. For individuals who would like to experience the amenities that this facility has to offer, a respite care program is available for short-term stay. we also offer residents rehabilitative therapy, as well as compassionate hospice and palliative care services.

At Morningside House of Friendship, we understand how difficult it may be to make a decision on the care of an aging loved one, which is why we strive to provide our residents with compassionate care and world-class services.

Map of Morningside House of Friendship