The Kensington – Fort Madison

The Kensington – Fort Madison (844) 325-8230

Reviews of The Kensington – Fort Madison

Assisted Living Reviews for The Kensington – Fort Madison

By M Ballard

My parents were residents of the Kensington for several years as my dad had Parkinson's Disease and mom could no longer care for him on her own. They had a lovely suite which served them well as they were quite social. My siblings and I live several hours from the area so knowing that they were in a facility in which they were happy and well cared for made us quite comfortable in being so far away. Before dad passed away in 2014, he had assistance in dressing, showering and even turning over in bed at night. Both parents enjoyed the activities with other residents, especially rides to church. At the end of mom's life she was on the memory care unit. I was so very impressed at the care she received, for less than a month, by the staff. She was checked on constantly and with respect. I was happy to know that each of my parents spent the last years in a place that where they seemed to feel so at home.

By mzbz

Other

What a beautiful skilled nursing facility. I have a family friend who lives in Fort Madison who spoke very highly of the facility, and she was right. A knowledgeable caring group of individuals who I felt very comfortable visiting with on my recent stay. I will definitely be contacting the Kensington in the future as the need arises.

By kat2myfriends

Other

I have family that live in Fort Madison. The Kensington looks like a great place to be! Some of my family have attended the banquet and Halloween party, and they say the residents always have fun!

By Ft Madison resident

My experience with the Kensington has been a very positive experience. I enjoyed visiting with staff and residents who are a wonderful influence on our community.

August 27, 2012

By C. Martin

The staff is always very polite. The location looks great and includes a little sitting area out front and on porches on all floors. There are common areas, and the place is decorated in vintage items. It has the feel of a very nice hotel where you are having an extended stay. I do wish, however, that they offered more outing opportunities for residents like my great grandmother, who are experiencing mild dementia. She doesn't like that most people on her floor, all dementia patients, don't speak. During group time there is little interaction between people. My grandmother can still carry on a conversation, even if it's a little repetitive, and she would like to be able to go outside on outings beyond just being taken to a chair to sit on the porch. I also wish they had a little garden, or even just a garden room, where people can be assisted in potting a plant or two for their room, or to keep in the "garden room" and check on, water, and if they are edible plants, then harvest. This little bit of responsibility and interaction I think could keep people with mild dementia from loosing more of themselves with lack of interaction and it would make their days feel fuller and more productive.

October 19, 2011

By SuziR

The Kensington is located in a older part of Ft. Madison in a building that used to house the hospital. It has been completely updated and features individual style apartment like living. Each unit has their own private bathroom with shower. Each floor has a group like kitchen area and private lounge area. Each floor also has laundry available. My friend was able to dine in the group dining area and order each of his meals off a menu. I was able to set up services so the staff would stop in and check on him once during the night. They also gave him medication daily and assisted him with bathing so he did not fall. The provided transportation to the store, doctor and even to the local nursing home so he could visit with old friends. They have a nurse and social worker on staff. I would highly recommend this skilled nursing facility to anyone looking for a safe place for a friend or relative needing a higher level of care.

Costs for The Kensington – Fort Madison

Photos of The Kensington – Fort Madison

Services and Amenities of The Kensington – Fort Madison

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: S0092

• About The Kensington – Fort Madison

What is it that makes any house a home? It's when you belong to the family inside. And each one of our residences is home to a unique family, a circle that encompasses both residents and staff.

In the best families, members of all ages treat each other with respect. They encourage and listen to one another. It's where we rejoice, play and grieve together; where individuality is appreciated; where we learn and grow together. Safe harbor and unconditional love are found there.

People thrive when they feel like part of a cherished family, knowing they're surrounded by those who only want what's best for them. It's also a comforting, supportive and healing environment for those who are facing loss or illness.

Our ability to bring this philosophy to life depends entirely on hiring the right people. That's why every staff person is hand-picked for their capacity to provide the kind of care we'd want for our own loved ones. We are united by this purpose.

Map of The Kensington – Fort Madison