Sunset Park Place Dubuque, IA

Sunset Park Place (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sunset Park Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunset Park Place

July 14, 2015

The apartments were very nice, and the atmosphere was excellent. Sunset Park Place was a very nice place with a lot of wonderful activities going on and very pleasant staff. They had a good variety of food, and they had a salad bar. The dining rooms were very pleasant and clean. I was impressed most with the activities and how the staff interacted with the residents.

June 29, 2015

By Marianne15

I was surprised to see the size of the apartments at Sunset Park Place. They were big, but it has been there quite a few years, and it seemed like it needed some refreshing. They seemed to do everything in one big room, which I did not find very comforting. The dining room was OK. The staff was fine. They answered all my questions.

June 17, 2014

By Laurie24

I walked out of Sunset Park Place and said my mother-in-law is never going to stay there. Nobody related to me is staying in a place like that. Right away, we knew we didn't like this place because they had staff standing outside the front door smoking cigarettes. It just wasn't a very comfortable feeling. Sunset Park Place was much less expensive, and on the surface, it appeared to have many amenities, but when you dug down a little bit, they weren't as available as you like. Also, it didn't appear to be well organized. Everything was cheap. The woman who gave us a tour was frazzled, not dressed professionally, and not especially knowledgeable.

November 20, 2012

By Ryan5

Our next door neighbor was recently diagnosed with cancer and decided to move closer to her son in Dubuque, Iowa. Being elderly she needed help and many at our church decided to volunteer this past weekend and help move her. She moved into a town house on the estate, but she was given a full tour which included the assisted living/independent living complex. While the amenities were fairly normal, restaurant style meal, nursing staff, laundry and cleaning services. Overall, the facility was well-designed. It was beautifully built and had nice woodwork inside. One of the nice things I noticed was that because of the layout, the whole community can move around pretty easily, there are very few stairs and people move around quite a bit as there seems to be a good sense of community as while we were there many people came to see her as we moved her in and many people also came and saw us as we went on the tour. It was nice to see people being social and curious about new neighbors.

April 27, 2012

By granddaughterB

This facility took excellent care of my Grandmother after her accident. The staff was always there to answer any questions, and make her comfortable. The grounds were nicely kept, and always clean. The outdoor seating area was beautiful, especially the garden that they had for the residents and their families to tend. Very friendly and nice all the way around! My grandmother was able to go home after a very short stay due to the great rehabilitation programs that they have, including the jacuzi tub therapy. If there is ever a need for any family member to recieve rehab services we are going to be sure to look into this facility before any others here in town. Very courteous staff that went above and beyond expectaions on a daily basis! In this day and age it is hard to find the kind of compassion and zest for life that the staff here has shown. I would deffinately reccommend this facility to any of my friends and neighbors that may be i nneed of assisted living and or rehab services.

Independent Living Reviews for Sunset Park Place

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

• Minimum Age: 55 (Or Lower With Disability)

• Licenses: State certified

About Sunset Park Place

At Sunset Park Place, we are dedicated to creating a warm, home-like environment where our residents enjoy a relaxed and healthy lifestyle. The staff cares for every resident as they would their own family members, providing quality service with dignity, respect and compassion.

Every resident is different! Their needs are unique as well! Sunset Park Place is committed to providing Personalized Care Services, designed to meet the special needs of each individual. Our services are not based on speculation or expensive, inclusive levels of care. Our residents pay ONLY for required services at a minimal charge. Our 6 acre Retirement Community is conveniently located in the heart of Dubuque, Iowa. We are an established, state-certified Retirement Community. At Sunset Park Place, we offer a unique balance of care-centered services

Live 2B Healthy Fitness program (personal trainer/personal program) - Dare to Dream (individualized activities for residents such as gardening/fishing/pool/theater) - Memory Care with 24 hour staff

Map of Sunset Park Place