Oaks at Suwanee Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Oaks at Suwanee Creek

Memory Care Reviews for Oaks at Suwanee Creek

August 07, 2021

By message from home

My Dad was a resident at The Oaks at Suwanee Creek for a few weeks. I cannot recommend this facility to anyone because of the neglect that my father experienced while there. My dad had a serious fall which the nurse in charge of memory care and staff failed to properly care for or report to our family. The result was that Dad sat at The Oaks at Suwanee Creek with a broken hip and in tremendous pain for over 48 hours. During those 48 plus hours, my brother and I tried to get answers about Dad's change in condition. No one at The Oaks told us of the fall or gave us any other information of use. It was not until I made the decision to get my dad to the hospital that I finally got answers. After arriving in the ER, we were quickly told that dad had a serious hip fracture. Upon the advice of multiple doctors, I asked The Oaks director if something happened that we were not told about. After several hours, the director got back to me to say, "your dad did have a fall and the nurse says she "forgot" to call you". My dad suffered needlessly for over 2 days because someone "forgot" to properly communicate with our family. This failure in communication as well as the lack of attention to my dad's obvious signs of pain were both inexcusable and negligent. We have asked the administration to hold responsible parties accountable however that has not happened. Moving your loved one to a memory care facility is a huge and difficult decision. Please consider another location!

I'm very sorry to hear that your Dad suffered a fall and I would like to apologize if this was not communicated to your family in a timely manner. The scenario you have described is not Oaks Senior Living standards and I assure you it will be investigated by our Leadership team.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: Pending

About Oaks at Suwanee Creek

Oaks at Suwanee Creek is the newest Oaks Senior Living assisted living and memory care community located in Suwanee, Georgia, just minutes away from the beautiful Sims Lake Park, major hospitals, and shopping. Our community embodies the values and mission of Oaks Senior Living as a whole and provides exceptional person-centered care that is designed to promote the optimal well-being of all residents.

The amenities that we provide at Oaks at Suwanee Creek are focused on assisting individuals in maintaining their independent lifestyle on a daily basis.

Amenities

• 24-Hour Access to Team Members with State-of-the-Art Emergency Call Systems
  • Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (Bathing, Grooming, Dressing, Eating, etc.)
  • Three Nutritious Meals and Two Snacks Daily
  • Housekeeping and Laundry Services
  • Dental and Podiatry Services
  • Private Apartments with All Utilities Included (Excluding Phone and Cable)
  • Free Wireless Internet
  • Scheduled Transportation to Shopping and Banking
  • Social, Educational, Spiritual, and Recreational Programs
  • Medication Supervision and Reminders
  • Regular Monitoring for General Health and Well-Being, Including Blood Pressure, Weight, and Nutritional Status --Checks with Quarterly Reports to Family

The person-centered lifestyle that we implement throughout all Oaks Senior Living communities in Georgia seeks to know, understand, and honor the life history and personal preferences of each individual while building relationships. This lifestyle yields choice in daily routine and a desire to provide care from a different perspective. We acknowledge that consistency in our care partner program creates an environment in which residents thrive, encouraging our team to intimately know each person through meaningful interaction. At Oaks Senior Living, we are committed to changing the way people age. Each day is an opportunity for growth, to enjoy what has always brought us happiness, and an allowance for new life experiences.

Map of Oaks at Suwanee Creek