Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living

Reviews of Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living

July 15, 2019

By Jessica

Pacifica Senior Living Sierra Vista is very clean, and the employees have been very nice to my grandmother. They have taken great care of her. She has her own room, her own bathroom and closet, and she has a view of the outside. Some people have bigger rooms, some share a room, and some are small apartments with kitchenettes, but she does not have one. They have daily activities in the common room, they take trips to the grocery store and to go shopping, and every holiday they have family meals, music, and activities. The staff has been excellent, and she loves the food.

Hi Jessica, thank you for sharing your positive experience. We are so happy to hear that you feel this way and appreciate you sharing here on our Caring profile! All of us here at Sierra Vista Independent and Assisted Living are dedicated to our residents and their families and it warms our heart to read your kind words. Thank you again and we look forward to see you soon.

March 09, 2018

By Christine

I visited Pacifica Sierra Vista, and it was very clean. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were really nice, and the people were friendly. The people enjoyed each other's company, and it was nice. They have shared rooms and individual rooms, and they were all spacious. They play Bingo, and occasionally take them to a casino or to Walmart. They have a beauty salon, which is nice.

Christine, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, (760) 475-9126. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

August 21, 2017

By Beverly M

Pacifica Senior Living Sierra Vista was OK, but I wasn't really impressed with them. The staff was really informative, took us around, and showed us everything, but it didn't have a big common area. She showed us a room that you share, which I wouldn't want to do. It wasn't really nice. I know they had some activities. I've seen some of the dancers from my daughter's studio. The staff was friendly and nice.

Thank you for your review. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments. We hope that you find the community that best fits your needs and that you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration.

November 24, 2016

By Ana743236

The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Sierra Vista was very friendly, and the residents looked happy. The place was very nice and clean an dhad medium-sized rooms.

Hi Ana, thank you for your detailed and positive review! We appreciate it!

November 17, 2016

By Valerie835272

My mom is already in Pacifica Senior Living Sierra Vista. What stood out was the cleanliness, and the staff was very wonderful and accommodating. The facility itself is very nicely decorated. It could be a home away from home for my mother. If I had to go, I would like to go there. They have numerous activities, and they have an activity director. They have Bingo every day at 2:30, and they also take residents off-campus to shopping at Walmart and other stores. The activities are very well-planned. One thing I really like is they have to come out of their rooms for meals, and they have to get dressed. My mom has always been in her nightgown and kind of depressed, and I have seen a big change in her in the social activities, so I am very impressed with them.

Thank you Valerie835272, for reaching out, your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents! Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, (760) 475-9126.

November 01, 2016

By Joan607874

Pacifica Senior Living Sierra Vista was fine. I liked it. They played bingo and went out to the mall. They sounded like something that would be nice.

Thanks for the positive review, Joan. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

July 10, 2016

By Barbara250537

My mom has been in Sierra Vista Assisted Living since March. They have excellent staff. The room is clean and they’re allowed to bring their own things in there. The beds are standard, but she was just ordered a hospital bed because she fell out of the bed quite a few times. I think the beds need rails on them. She’s gone to the hospital four times in two months, so the doctor said to order a hospital bed for her. The food is excellent; I’ve eaten there. They have excellent activities like church on Sundays, dominoes, cards, and an art class. They have a calendar and every day of the week, they’re doing something.

Barbara, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community, we appreciate it.

June 28, 2016

By Choula755586

Sierra Vista was excellent. There were a lot of activities, but I could not afford it. The flats were OK. There was no upstairs or downstairs. The staff was very nice. They had a nice garden outside. They took them out by a bus once or twice a week to McDonald's, the mall, and other places, which was a beautiful service.

Thank you for your positive 5 star review. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments. We hope that you find the community that best fits your needs and that you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration. Wishing you a great day.

March 28, 2016

By Patricia122546550

My mother would've been in a shared room at Sierra Vista. It seemed very clean. However, it's not as nice as where I chose to put her, and it was smaller. The dining area was also small with just a round table where not very many people would fit. The owner was very nice and very helpful.

Hi Patricia, Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate you taking the time. We were honored to among Top Senior Living Communities in the Nation. Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living was named "Caring Star of 2016" for Service Excellence in Independent Living and Assisted Living. We thank you for your consideration and we are sorry that you did not choose our community. We hope that your mother is very happy in her new community.

September 16, 2015

Sierra Vista is a great place for the price. My relative has been there two other times before, and basically it was based on her budget. She lives in a two-bedroom apartment, which she shares with another lady. They share a common area like the kitchen, the living room, and the dining room. They have different activities -- i.e., bingo, trips to different places around the area, doctor's appointments, and shopping -- and they have exercises in the morning. I would recommend them.

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community.

June 15, 2015

By Diane108460150

Sierra Vista was a very nice clean place with very nice and very attentive people. The rooms are of good size, and the apartments are very nice. They have a little beauty spa, and they have pretty good amenities. They have activities like bingo, and they have church on Saturdays and Sundays.

Thank you for your positive review Diane! We are pleased to hear that you like the spa, amenities and activities. We post photos to our Facebook page weekly of our residents and their engaging activities.

May 23, 2015

By Caring107342050

We decided on Sierra Vista which is a 53-bed assisted living. When we were still looking, I was looking at all different levels of care. It is one story assisted living versus board and care. For the same price, my friend gets her own room. She wanted something on the first floor. They have big windows, so if there is ever a fire, they have more than one exit route. I took her to several places to look and let her choose. She talked to several residents that were just sitting in the dining area doing puzzles or talking with one another. There was that social piece that she liked. There were different things going on, and the residents seemed happy. They said the food is good. I've talked to several staff who worked there for several years which made me feel better. They were very friendly and accommodating. They let me look at the kitchen, and I was able to talk to the cook. Everybody who worked there seems so relaxed and friendly like they really enjoy it. The people were out in the common area, and it just seemed like the people were happy. The staffs were really friendly, and they know the residents by name. I did not try the food. It was not during meal time, but it smelled so good that it made me hungry. From what I have seen, the place is really nice. It was certainly the nicest and the most comfortable of all the places I visited.

Thank you for your positive review!

Independent Living Reviews for Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living

September 30, 2016

By Barbara608172

Pacifica Senior Living Sierra Vista was a nice place, but it was not what we were looking for. The rooms were small. The place was small, and they did not have a lot of amenities. They had crafts and outings, and they take the residents to the doctors' appointments.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring.

Questions about Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents average age is 80. They like to play bingo and go on outings such as Wal-Mart

What programs or activities does Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have monthly wellness clinics as well as health seminars.

What places are near Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Golf Course, The Mall, Museums and Parks

What transportation services does Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

Medical appoints we have a bus with a wheel chair lift

What makes the chef or dining program at Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have a seasonal menu as well as offer alternatives for special diets

What safety features or security measures does Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

We are a gated community and we have a key code to enter the main door

How does Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have care plan meetings as well as calling them or emailing them with any changes.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

15-1 during the day and 20-1 at night

If Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes we are pet friendly. They can enjoy our beautiful courtyard.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly training provided through care and compliance

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have 20 Independent Residents and 43 Assisted Living Residents

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Golf Course, The Mall, Museums and Parks

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living has organized?

Car Show, Casino trip, 1920's themed party

What transportation services does Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living offer to independent living residents?

Medical appoints we have a bus with a wheel chair lift

What makes the chef or dining program at Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We have a seasonal menu as well as offer alternatives for special diets

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Two living areas and courtyard

What safety features or security measures does Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living offer to independent living residents?

Gated community

Yes we are pet friendly. They can enjoy our beautiful courtyard. Back patio of their apartments or the courtyard.

Does Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

What safety features or security measures does Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living provide to protect residents who wander?

We are not a memory care facility therefore this is not needed.

Costs for Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living

Photos of Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living

• Pets: Yes

About Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living

Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living has a reputation built upon a strong commitment to offering the highest quality of retirement living in a comfortable, professional setting. Our community graciously offers well-appointed private or shared accommodations with assistance if needed, or private duplex cottages for independent living.

The village is built around a beautifully landscaped tranquil courtyard, complete with tiered fountain and arbored seating areas. Sierra Vista is close to major shopping malls, three hospitals and the best medical offices and centers in the High Desert. Movie theaters, performing arts centers, major restaurant chains and houses of worship are all abundant in this continually expanding community.

Map of Sierra Vista Independent & Assisted Living