Caleo Bay

Reviews of Caleo Bay

Memory Care Reviews for Caleo Bay

June 18, 2016

By Ginette324241

I very much liked Caleo Bay and was very impressed. Everyone was very welcoming and very nice. It was very safe and had a nice view of the garden.

March 22, 2016

Caleo Bay is top notch and safe with very nice, friendly, and caring staff. My wife’s room is adequate and clean. I’ve eaten there once, and the meal was adequate and warm. It’s a small but adequate place; I prefer small places because residents get more attention and care. We like it very much and don't plan on moving.

January 19, 2015

I visited Caleo Bay for my parents. It was practically a new place, so it was very good. I would give this one a B rating, but this facility is a little larger, and I think they're not going to have that one-on-one care. As for the staff, everybody looked busy. The one who assisted me was very helpful. She explained everything thoroughly. She explained the precautionary measures, e.g., what they had on their bed and some sensors, and I like that. The room was a very good size, it was very clean, and I like the fact that they have those sensors for emergency situation. Also they have different activities.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Caleo Bay

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our associates receive 80 plus hours of training in dementia care when they initially start and then receive monthly trainings and in services on various specialized care related dementia programs

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

A Caregiver is only focusing on 7-8 residents within their 7.5 hour shift. Caleo Bay is well known for their high staffing model standards.

What programs or activities does Caleo Bay offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Six Pillars of Well Being everyday cover the Physical, Social, Intellectual, Emotional, Spiritual, and Purposeful. We also have a Sensory Therapeutic Program as well. We are very Life Story and use the resident's Life Story to connect with them, and design a customized lifestyle around them.

Our Wellness Director. And our Resident's are re-assessed quarterly.

What techniques does Caleo Bay use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We monitor food intake and have a hydration program. We have bright colored plates to stimulate appetites. We have music therapy during meals. We offer 4 different options of meal preparations for different phases of dementia.

How does Caleo Bay keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our Wellness Director and Nurses are in constant contact with our families about their loved one, and we offer family care conferences regularly so the family is updated on their loved ones lifestyle and care.

Describe the neighborhood around Caleo Bay. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are near both Residential neighborhoods and Commercial areas.

Is Caleo Bay affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

JFK and Eisenhower Medical Center

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Private/Semi Private/Companion Suites

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Caleo Bay

Caleo Bay is not just a memory care facility, we are a memory care community. We offer a warm and welcoming senior community for those in need of assisted living, transitional assisted living, or memory care.

Caleo Bay combines Person-Centered Care with an extensive wellness program that encompasses the key components of health and wellness to meet each individual’s physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual needs. Our memory care facility in La Quinta offers Transitional Assisted Living for persons starting to experience memory challenges and Memory Care for those experiencing Alzheimer’s and other dementias.

We also offer respite care and hospice care with a professional staff available day and night. Residents can choose from multiple floor plans, including private and semi-private suites, as well as companion suites.

Caleo Bay memory care facility residents receive Person-Centered Care with care options ranging from dressing assistance and personal hygiene, to medication and continence management and more in an encouraging and nurturing environment. Our team seeks to foster independence over dependence in a private setting to provide the personalized attention your loved one needs.

Our mission is to provide a warm and secure environment that encourages residents to feel more independent, safe, and engaged.

Map of Caleo Bay