Foremost Retirement Community

Reviews of Foremost Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Foremost Retirement Community

November 24, 2016

By Ana743236

I really liked Foremost Retirement Community; it's the place I chose. I thought it was a very nice place that was very clean and had lots of activities for the residents. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were a good size and very nice and adequate.

November 01, 2016

By Joan435276

Foremost Retirement Community was a much nicer looking place. It was bigger, and the people were very nice. The price is a little too high for my brother, but I would prefer going there if I have more money.

September 05, 2016

By Khss

After looking at a couple of facilities, we chose Foremost for my Mom's care. At home her dementia was getting worse and she was getting depressed and didn't want to eat too much. After just 2 weeks at foremost we saw such a change in Mom. She was getting up for breakfast and enjoying all of her meals, and even gained a little weight. Mom took part in activities and even exercising. All of the caregivers are very caring and loving. If you are looking for a loving place to put your loved one, we recommend Foremost Retirement

We appreciate the kind words and look forward to the continued care of your loved one, and all of our residents. It is our extreme honor and privilege to be apart of there lives and there families.

July 10, 2016

By Barbara250537

My visit at Foremost was very good. I just did not like the locks on the doors. My mom did not have Alzheimer’s, so she didn’t need to be placed in there. It was very clean and the staff was excellent and very friendly. I only met their director and the receptionist, and they were very nice. We took the tour, and I would give that a 4. I just didn’t like the locks on the doors, but I guess you have to have that for Alzheimer’s patients.

February 10, 2016

By Diane116846450

Foremost was a great place, but it was way very expensive. It was way above what we could have afforded. It had all kinds of activities, and the people there were really good. They have different places of assisted up to hospice. So, it was great, but it was way too expensive for what we could afford. They had similar apartments outside the complex for just assisted-living. Inside was for people who needed more help. Both were very nice. I had not eaten there, but I saw the kitchen. I saw the food. It smelled, and looked really good. They had TV rooms in all the wings. They had movies. They had exercises, and all kinds of stuff there for the folks that lived there. They could improve on the price. It was very expensive there, otherwise, everything was nice.

August 13, 2015

By Caring111908550

Home of Foremost Retirement is nice. They are good. They do everything they are supposed to do. They are better than the nursing home. They help my father in and out of bed. They help him bathe. They help him with everything.

November 11, 2014

By Christy7

At Foremost Retirement Community, it started off at $2800. The facility itself in the main building was fair. They have an inside building and outside the building, they have a lot of little individual apartments or cottages and other people live in those. The staff was very nice but they didn’t know me; they weren’t as receptive. I saw less interaction. I didn’t see a lot of residents. They had an elevator, but it wasn’t adequate enough. Most of their activities were always upstairs. If you are in a wheelchair, you might get 2 wheelchairs in the elevator, and it goes upstairs and downstairs, so you better get there early to your party or you’re going to be number 10 in line.

I am sorry to learn that your visit to our community was less than stellar... However; you may be confusing details of our campus with someone else. We offer competitive care rates based upon actual care provided. No a la carte or 'surprise' billing here--EVER. Level I care for assisted living starts at $2600.00 per month. Typically, actual quotes for care are not given at the time of tours. A complimentary, home-based pre-placement appraisal is done to determine the level of care needed and ensure the most appropriate placement. You referenced an elevator in your post--this elevator meets or exceeds the guidelines established with the ADA. The size is industry standard. As far as the activities as 'always being upstairs' this is incorrect information. We do utilize this grand salon for resident banquets and special events. The elevator does travel slow and does operates in a much slower fashion. This was intended to keep slow moving passengers and those with special needs,safe. Give us another try. I would be happy to meet with you and discuss what makes FOREMOST a great place to call home.

February 25, 2014

By Peewee1953

The door to Dad's unit doesn't lock properly and the common area in my Dad's unit is not maintained well. Dad fell & badly cut his head open. Less than 2 weeks later, I noticed a bruise on his temple. He needs an alarm attached to him and a rail to block his falling from bed. Both of these things were requested two weeks ago but still aren't there. He's a skeleton. He should get supplements to his meals but don't think that's happening. Staff is great except for evening staff. They put common TV on zombie movies, do each other's hair, and gab amongst themselves.

October 19, 2013

By croytate

Since Dr. Vangala purchased the facility, I have noticed a vast improvement in the quality of care, attitude of caregivers, amount and variety of food, etc. Having Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care all in one location was a real blessing for my friend.

July 23, 2013

By Jerome1

They seemed to be doing their job at Foremost. The food is good, I have no complaints about it. The level of care that's given is as anticipated, expected, and so far so good. The place is very clean and well kept.

December 16, 2012

By Pat7

Foremost Health Care was recommended to us. It was best suited for my mother's needs. So far it seems to be working out really well. They're friendly and caring. The rooms are suited for the handicapped. It's a very good facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Foremost Retirement Community

November 08, 2017

By Linda

I have a friend who lives at Foremost Retirement, and it's always presentable. The apartments are adequate. The doorway should be wider because somebody in a wheelchair would have a tough time navogating. I don't think the interiors are kept up well. The staff is pleasant.

Good morning Linda, I am sorry that your visit to Foremost Senior Campus was less than stellar. I am not quite sure if you were referring to the apartments not having adequate wheel chair access, as we have regular apartments and we have 6 handicap apartments that provide all the wheelchair or power chair access that one would need such as wider doorways handicap restrooms and lower cabinets. If you are referring to the assisted living facility , we are completely up to code on all hallways, door ways and room space that a person in a wheel chair would need. Each person in the independent living apartments is completely free to decorate or arrange their apartment any way they like, If there are repairs that need to be made to the apartment the tenant just has to call me the apartment Manager Babette Fisher and I would be happy to take care of getting those things repaired. I am so sorry that you didn't care for the interior of your friends apartment, if your friend feels like there is something that can be done to improve the quality of their apartment please have them call me and I would be more than happy to help. If there is anything I can do to help improve your overall experience with Foremost Senior Campus please feel free to reach out to me M-F 8:30am-5:00pm at 760-244-5579. Thank you for taking the time to provide your input.

November 28, 2016

By Liz656757

Foremost Retirement Resort was good. The dining area was clean and nice. The staff seems good, and the amenities are fine.

November 26, 2016

By Genevieve155208

Foremost Retirement has 420 sq. ft independent living units for only $750 which is a fantastic price. It’s close enough as I am able to be independent living, I could keep my part time job, and I could go to my church. The place was very clean, and the employees were very nice. I offered to buy lunch because I wasn't told it would not be provided, but then when we heard it was $10 for lunch, we said no. It was awful; the vegetables and the dessert was green Jell-O. I have never thought a Jell-O is a dessert. They had a piece of turkey which I could not cut, and the knife was so dull I had a hard time. They did have some staffing which was good, but the food was awful. The choice of drinks were water and coffee, but I don’t drink coffee. The staff was very friendly, very friendly, but the units were too small, and the food was inadequate.

October 21, 2016

By Karen500556

Foremost Retirement Community was decent, nice, and big, but it was just too far away and too expensive.

April 23, 2016

By AB3

The people at Foremost Retirement Resort were very nice. The quality of the rooms was not to the same level as others, and it was more expensive, as well. The dining room looked fine. We were impressed with it, at first, until we saw other communities.

Memory Care Reviews for Foremost Retirement Community

Questions about Foremost Retirement Community

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our staff receives 20 hours of training before starting work with our staff, and must get 20 hours of new training per year in compliance with our licence.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Foremost Retirement Community. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age for the assisted living facility is 80. Our residents look forward to Bingo, Bible study, activities, morning exercises, gardening, and non-denominational church services.

What programs or activities does Foremost Retirement Community offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Foremost Senior Campus offers activities twice a day. 9:30 is usually exercises followed by a craft or game. The 2:30 activities offer nature walks, tea socials, bingo or performances from local schools.

What places are near Foremost Retirement Community or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Foremost Senior Campus is on 14 achers of land that offer many walking areas, a restaurant that is open to the public for breakfast and lunch and a Bingo Hall that is open every Monday. Our residents are welcome to go out with family to visit any of these locations. We are also within a short driving distance to shopping and restaurants.

What transportation services does Foremost Retirement Community offer to assisted living residents?

We do not provide any transportation services.

What makes the chef or dining program at Foremost Retirement Community exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All meals are designed by a dietician to be low in salt and sugar especially for seniors. Our cook has been with us for seven years and creates meals for special needs diets as well.

What safety features or security measures does Foremost Retirement Community offer to assisted living residents?

Foremost Senior Campus is located on 14 acres and we offer assisted living and independent living. The assisted living areas have gated and alarmed doors and gates. We are located in a very quiet community and do not see a great deal of traffic, we are in a residential area located in old town Hesperia.

How does Foremost Retirement Community keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Each one of wings has 12 rooms and each wing has two caregivers and one med-tech on duty. All communication is done with our Med-tech on duty. They can call anytime and speak with there loved one and we also have a Facebook page that they can see updates on activities and pictures of there loved ones.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Foremost Retirement Community during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have 2 caregivers per wing and a med-tech there are twelve rooms per wing.

If Foremost Retirement Community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet-friendly community. All pets can visit during visiting hours on the wings in the rooms and in our outdoor gazebo areas.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff must have 20 hours of training per state licensing per year.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Foremost Retirement Community. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our independent living is a 55 and up community, the average age is approx. 60. Our independent living community can come and go as they please and enjoy all the pleasures of life in a safe beautiful community.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are within a short driving distance to shopping, banking and restaurants' within a mile. We also have a restaurant row, shopping, and a mall within 15 min driving time.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Foremost Retirement Community has organized?

We do not do off-site activities for assisted living residents and our independent tenants are free to enjoy the ability to do what they want and many of the tenants are friends and do things together at there leisure.

What transportation services does Foremost Retirement Community offer to independent living residents?

Our independent tenants are completely independent so we do not provide any transportation as the majority of the tenants still own there own vehicles.

What makes the chef or dining program at Foremost Retirement Community exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our meals are designed by a dietician especially for seniors with low salt and low sugar. Our cook prepares the meals accordingly and not only delicious but beautifully prepared.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

They have a recreational room that they get together in to play bingo and they have bible study as well.

What safety features or security measures does Foremost Retirement Community offer to independent living residents?

We have citizen patrol come through our community three times a day, but because we are located in a residential area we really don't have many crime related or safety issues.

We are a pet-friendly community you can have up to two pets, they must be licensed an have current vaccinations and under 30lbs.

Does Foremost Retirement Community work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We do not provide any assistance to our independent tenants they are 100% independent.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

2 care givers per wing and 1 med tech are on duty at all times that is a total of 7 employees per shift.

What safety features or security measures does Foremost Retirement Community provide to protect residents who wander?

Our community has an egress system. The doors to the wings and outside areas are locked and alarmed (there are keypads to get in and out of the wing's so some residents are able to go in and out as they please who are capable ) and our gazebo areas are gated and alarmed. Our caregivers do regular 15 min checks on all residents as well.

Our administrator is the one to do the assessment on our future resident and current residents. Usually, a reassessment only occurs when a resident goes out for a medical issue and needs to come back to our facility, we re-assess them.

How does Foremost Retirement Community keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

All communication for families are done through our med techs and or administration. When a situation arises the med tech is usually the first one to reach out to the family.

Describe the neighborhood around Foremost Retirement Community. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are nestled quietly in a residential area of Old Town Hesperia. We have 14 archers that are very park like, lots of grass and trees, well light pathways, a restaurant, the BINGO hall, 61 one story apartments and our beautiful assisted living area.

Is Foremost Retirement Community affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We a private facility and are not affiliated with any hospitals or medical groups as that would be a conflict of interest for our facility.

Costs for Foremost Retirement Community

• Coffee Shop
  • Golf
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Shuffle Board, Pool Table

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Home Sale Assistance

Affiliations

• Affiliations Extra: No Specific Religious Affiliation

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6:1
  • Minimum Age: Minimum Age: 65

• Licenses: State Certification: 366425834

About Foremost Retirement Community

Foremost Retirement Resort consists of a main building where our resident Independent and that need assisted living reside surrounded by resort like atmosphere with Hesperia Seniors Club , Bingo Hall, and Neighbor hood Restaurant on the campus . Memory Care residents are in separate wing with continuum of care with 24 hour nurse on call . We have a clear view of the San Bernardino Mountains to the South of Foremost Retirement Resort.

Our Services Include:

• VA Disability Benefits Assistance
  • 24-Hour Care and Supervision
  • Comfortable Surroundings and Living Bungalows
  • Memory Care (Alzheimer/Dementia)
  • Individualized Care Plans
  • Constant Staff Contact
  • Pharmacy Delivery
  • Home Health Care
  • Hospice Health Care
  • Consultants for Podiatry, Medical and Dental Visits.
  • Physical and Speech Therapy..
  • Shopping
  • Travel
  • Bingo/Cards
  • Pickle Ball/Tennis courts coming soon

Retirement Community Spread out over 15 acres with continuum of care for all the retirees. Individual carts for seniors to commute through out the campus . 18 hole Golf Course behind our facility , quite easy to commute.

Beautiful facility with a Grad Terrace for all the events including Out door and Indoor wedding, banquet's and 7500 sq. feet of dance floor. Transportation available for for shopping and tours to different parts of high desert and including taking them to Casinos nearby.

5 Acres including indoor and outdoor activities. We do have pool access just 2 blocks away and Golf Course on our back yard.

Map of Foremost Retirement Community