Baywood Court

Reviews of Baywood Court

Assisted Living Reviews for Baywood Court

July 05, 2018

By Jeanne

Baywood Court is non-profit and has a skilled nursing facility attached to it. It was clean and the people were friendly. They have a swimming pool and all that jazz, so it was very nice. The community fee was extremely reasonable compared to everyone else's.

July 31, 2017

By Kimmy

Baywood Court is excellent. My mother-in-law's room is very pretty and the outside has a view. The nurse and everybody are so good. The food is good. Everything is good. They have movies, flower arrangement, all kinds of things. They have many activities every day. The staff is excellent. Some of them speak Chinese too. They have a pool. She cannot join all of the activities because she is not so healthy. She cannot eat, so they puree for her and make her salmon, which is very good. You can choose anything you want. They have nurses and nurse assistants. They bring the people in wheelchairs to play in the pool. They all sit together and the staff will help them play volleyball. They also give showers to them. They have a beautiful garden and every day they clean up.

June 28, 2016

By Kristy500118

Baywood Court looked fantastic. Everything seemed great. We were able to see a beautiful, furnished unit that looked great. The residents were very active people. Families were visiting, and kids were playing in the pool. It was fantastic.

Dear Kristy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive comments of our community. We do take a lot of pride in the upkeep, décor and especially the care of our residents, so it is wonderful to hear that made an impression for you!

May 10, 2016

By Happy FriendAPGEF

Baywood Court and its people were very nice. The rooms were of a decent size. The staff was courteous and seemed to respond quickly to the residents' needs. Their price is comparable for the area. They could make the rooms more modern-looking; I saw a one-bedroom apartment that was dark. I know people who live there, and my friend is currently on a waiting list.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so happy you found Baywood to your liking. We have been upgrading our apartments with new cabinets, granite counter-tops and new flooring. Perhaps you saw an apartment that has not yet been remodeled. Your friend that is on the wait list will be getting a newly remodeled apartment when he/she moves in. I hope he/she will be very happy with the upgrades and also with Baywood Court!

December 16, 2015

By JCW1

I like the layout of Baywood Court Retirement Community, the openness of the facility. I would recommend this facility.

November 19, 2015

By Roxane1

Baywood Court’s staff was very nice and warm. We had lunch there, which was good. We only saw one room, and it looked sufficient and seemed like a clean, warm place.

Dear Roxane, Thank you for taking the time to tour Baywood and also to post a review.

September 30, 2015

By Jennifer108746750

Baywood Court was very clean, nice, and quiet. There were a lot of people, the dining facility was communal and cafeteria style, so 5 people would sit at the table and know each other. It was not assisted living, so it was not a good fit. The rooms were really nice and basic with a bed and a dresser. They had church on Sundays, Bingo, and movies. The staff was really nice, gave me a tour, and answered all my questions.

Dear Jennifer, Thank you for visiting Baywood Court and posting a review. Baywood Court does in fact provide 3 levels of care: Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Rehab Care. We have a very active community with a wide range of activities, a swimming pool and hot tub, a library, convenience store and beauty/barber salon. We have a long-term, caring staff who really enjoy working with Seniors. We are available for tours every day of the week and look forward to welcoming you back should you like to take another look at us.

May 12, 2015

Baywood Court is a beautiful facility. The people are great, and the residents are super friendly. They have all sorts of programs for my mom, and it is a wonderful facility. I cannot say enough good things about it. She has a two-bedroom, one-bath apartment with a beautiful balcony overlooking the courtyard and the gazebo. They have entertainment in their gazebo, and she can sit on her balcony and watch that. She has a great size living room, two nice size bedrooms, a wonderful bathroom, a terrific kitchen, and a dining room, and it was a wonderful unit.

April 13, 2015

By Judi9

One of the places that we visited for a relative was Baywood. It had independent living, assisted living, and up to actual nursing care. The staff and the residents were extremely friendly, and it just seemed like a big happy family. They were really helpful too as far as making her feel comfortable about any decision that she was about to make. I had the opportunity to eat there when my mother was there because they used to have birthday dinners for the people that lived there, and the food was great.

February 18, 2015

By Wendy29

I think they are amazing at Baywood Court. They are thorough, they stay on top of everything, their communication is excellent, and it is definitely an excellent value. I've found that you actually get a little more there for your money than some of the other places I visited. I would definitely recommend them to other people. I have already recommended them to one other family that I know, and they are now considering the facility. My grandmother is very happy with the food and the activities. In fact, if she can't make it to the activities, sometimes they bring the activity to her. She happened to miss the arts and crafts class because she had a doctor's appointment, and a couple of the staff members came in and did beading with her. They made a beaded necklace and matching bracelet, and then the same thing with the floral. She missed it because of another doctor's appointment, a couple of staff members came in, and I actually know someone that works in the facility, and she came in and took her to do another activity as an alternative. And then, she missed the therapy dog -- and that is one of her favorites -- and they brought the therapy dog to her on a different day personally for one-on-one care. They go above and beyond and actually exceeded the expectations that I had. It is very clean, well-maintained, extraordinarily safe, and well-guarded. They are really a fantastic facility.

August 30, 2012

By SalamatPO

My Grandfather was a resident at Baywood Court for just over five years. My family was very pleased with the facility and staff. The place is clean and well run, and the staff is friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a retirement community in the San Francisco Bay Area I would not hesitate to recommend Baywood Court as a wonderful choice. As a guest I was always treated well, and my Grandfather never had anything bad to say about the place (which for him was rare). There are many activities for the residents, and people generally seem happy to be there. The food was decent, and there is a nice "Dining Hall" area where residents congregate and socialize. Meals were healthy, balanced and well prepared. (I even ate a few times there myself). The only reason we eventually relocated him to another facility was because he started needing 24 hour care due to early stages of schizophrenia. We felt Baywood was not the ideal place anymore under those new circumstances.

February 29, 2012

By AnnoDomini

This is a friendly and supportive location with attentive, interested staff and great facilities. The meals are very good and diverse options are provided. The central court offers a great view. Laundry facilities are available at no extra charge. I feel very safe having my grandmother there. There are great activities and healthy living is promoted. She has taken advantage of these opportunities and has made good friends in the brief time she's been there. The only drawback is limited guest parking at lunchtime.

July 27, 2011

By scoopem

Ok facility, seems to be a little short on help. Clean, well kept.

Independent Living Reviews for Baywood Court

August 21, 2017

By Sab M

Baywood Court was overall a really great place, but in terms of affordability, it's completely out of our range. Everyone was great. I would give the entire place 5 stars. They had yoga, a swimming pool, and a gym; they had a little bit of everything. They offered assisted living for an additional price. As far as living areas go, it's a 5, but they're definitely overpriced.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Baywood Court! We’re gratified that you feel Baywood is a "great place." The activities offered to our residents are diverse and varied, as you experienced. While we’re sorry that our community was not a good fit for your budget, we believe Baywood Court offers a very affordable senior community option given the high-quality facilities and services we have been providing the East Bay Area for more than 20 years. We’re proud to offer three different levels of care on a month-to-month rental basis with no "buy-in" or community fees.

May 09, 2017

By Yuki

We were impressed with Baywood Court, so now, I'm just waiting for my time to go there. The room was very nice, and the staff was very good. They took us to all the rooms, showed us everything, and explained everything. It was well done. The residents looked very happy and comfortable.

Dear Yuki, Thank you so much for choosing Baywood Court as your future home! We are so pleased we exceeded your expectations and truly appreciate you taking the time to post this review. We look forward to welcoming you to your new home soon.

May 06, 2017

By Helen284167

I was very pleased with Baywood Court. The apartments had balconies, and they looked livable; they were somewhat spacious and were very nice. I thought that the staff was very knowledgeable, very accommodating, and very helpful. I was very pleased. They had swimming going on while we were there. They had a library, and somebody was reading in there. We went through the dining area, and people were eating, and they looked very contented with what they were doing at that time. They had a salad bar and a menu posted of the entrée that you could have that day.

Thank you so much for sharing your impressions of Baywood Court. We appreciate that you took the time to do this. We love giving tours of our active community!

October 13, 2016

By Sixto

I thought Baywood Court was very nice, but my sister felt that it was a little too expensive. The room that we visited was good. It was like an apartment because it had a full stove. I thought it was very nice, but I think it was probably maybe about $200 more than she was paying at the other community. The dining area looked nice, but it didn’t look any better than at the other community. It was good. I think the apartment was gorgeous, and I really like it but it was just too pricey for her.

June 08, 2016

By Nancy244370

My parents are doing fine at Baywood Court. One is in the independent side and the other one is in the nursing home side. Their staff is very friendly and responsive. It’s a homey place and not like a ritzy hotel. Shopping is accessible.

Dear Nancy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your compliments of our community and staff. It is always so much easier for couples when they can simply walk from their apartment to skilled nursing to visit and share meals with their spouse. Your parents are a delight and we are so happy they live here at Baywood.

October 30, 2015

By Akornfield

My mom moved into Baywood Court Independent Living facility 5 years ago this month, and has been very happy with her decision to do so. She made the choice on her own after living alone in her Pleasanton home as a widow for the 5 previous years. Baywood Court has provided a beautiful 1 bedroom apartment overlooking the courtyard pool, with safety features including emergency pull strings and electronic devices, a daily check-in system, 2 meals per day and enough activities everyday to keep my mom out of that beautiful room. Mom has made friends and acquaintances, and maintained a zeal for life even as "senioritis" attempts to take its toll, as it does to all humans. We all grow older (it beats the alternative!), we all have some health issues. Baywood has helped me to help my mom live well, have fun and enjoy life. Baywood's facilities staff is composed of competent, and kind gentlemen, several of whom I've had the opportunity to interact with over several years. They help above and beyond "the work order" and always with a big heart and a smile. Baywood's administrative staff has been very helpful from the first day we walked in the doors, through today, 5 years later. I am in constant contact with the Resident Services Manager, the Assistant to The Executive Director, and the Manager of Food and Beverage, not because I require their services (often), but because they are friendly and helpful. This week I threw Mom a birthday party, and I couldn't have done it without help from Food Services. Charlie and her staff, in particular, Mindy, helped make this little occasion for 12 become a banquet of pure elegance. I have read all of the previous reviews on Yelp, several times each, and though I do not always disagree with some of the points made, I do disagree with the negativity I read within. I am an active part of my mom's life at Baywood. If "we" are unhappy about the food or the service, and we speak Kindly to the staff, we are very well cared for. Serving 200 meals three times per day is difficult without serving a few "Bar Mitzvah Chicken" dinners. But fortunately there are options, including soup and salad bars, and yes, kitchenette's in the apartments. The same holds true for the health center. Support your nurses and caregivers, and they will support you. In closing I say to anyone posting reviews online, be proactive with your patient/relative and their care-giving community, and please look for the good in all people and establishments. Be helpful and kind, compliment when possible. Identify a few blemishes, but be sure to polish the pearls.

Your review is very much appreciated. The best care of our elders is always a team effort between family and the staff here at Baywood. Your devotion to her and your communication with the staff here are key to supporting us in our efforts to provide a warm, friendly, active and safe environment for your mom and every other person who lives here. Thank you so much for recognizing our efforts.

Photos of Baywood Court

Services and Amenities of Baywood Court

• Fee Structure Extra: Level 1 Is Included In Rent Level 2 $11 Per Day Level 3 $23 Per Day Level 4 $33 Per Day Level 5 $44 Per Day

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State Licenses: 11440776, 550000793

About Baywood Court

Nestled in the welcoming town of Castro Valley, Baywood Court is a caring multi-level retirement community. Our sociable,nonprofit community features,independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing health center options—all in one beautiful place that feels like home.

Map of Baywood Court