4 Assisted Living Facilities in Redmond, OR
With an average cost of $3,895 in Redmond, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 13 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Redmond.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Redmond
Redmond, located on the eastern side of Oregon's Cascade mountain range, is home to more than 26,000 residents. The city offers a host of museums for seniors to enjoy, including the Redmond Historical Society Museum, located in an historic downtown storefront.
Seniors can also select from are seven assisted living facilities in and around the City of Redmond. These facilities are regulated and licensed by the Oregon Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Redmond
- Redmond has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Central Oregon Council on Aging, a facility that offers meals, nutrition services and transportation for residents age 60 and older.
- While the cost of living in Redmond is less than in many other parts of Oregon, It is still a relatively expensive place to live. The overall cost of living in Redmond is 13 percent higher than the national average, with items in all categories, except for utilities, costing more than average. This can quickly erode a fixed income.
- Redmond's climate is categorized as "steppe" or high desert, depending on the scale. This means that Redmond has a short growing season with warm days and cool nights. Redmond also gets quite a bit of snow, an average of 24 inches annually. The average high temperature in Redmond in January is 42 degrees Fahrenheit, and the average high temperature in July is 86 degrees Fahrenheit. This type of climate might pose few challenges for seniors.
- Although the overall crime rate in Redmond has increased by 6 percent in recent years, crime is still not the problem here as it is in many other Oregon cities. Redmond is safer than 42 percent of other U.S. cities.
- Driving around Redmond is easy, given the town's relatively small size. U.S. 97 passes through the center of town and connects Redmond with Bend, Oregon to the south. For public transportation, Cascades East Transit operates a fixed-route bus service within Redmond and between Redmond and Bend. Seniors age 60 and older pay half-price fares.
- The Redmond, Oregon area is home to world-class medical facilities including St. Charles Health System Redmond, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Redmond
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Redmond start around $3,895 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Redmond and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Redmond
The State of Oregon and the U.S. government offer a number of programs to help make ALFs more affordable for Redmond seniors. These include Community First Choice Plan (Oregon's K Plan) and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Redmond
Redmond and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Redmond, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Redmond
Redmond-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Redmond
Review of Ashley Manor - Rimrock Facility
Ashley Manor is no place to put a loved one. We put my father in law in there and In three weeks Don went from a healthy man to near death due to the incompetence and drugs Ashley administered duri... Read more
Review of Ashley Manor - Rimrock Facility
Ashley Manor - Rimrock appears clean and well organized. It's a little small, but that's what they were looking for for my stepmom, so that's what we chose. The service has been fine. We do have on... Read more
Review of Brookdale Redmond
We were interested in the Brookdale Redmond memory care section. It was spacious and clean, it didn't have an odor, and the residents were out and about -- they actually approached us and had a con... Read more