7 Assisted Living Facilities near Mandan, ND
Also serving communities of Wilton, New Salem.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mandan area, with 2 in Mandan and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mandan. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mandan 5.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bismarck with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mandan, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Mandan, ND
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mandan
Just across the Missouri River from the state capital of North Dakota, Bismark, the city of Mandan was named after the Native American people that once ruled the area. More than 3,000 residents aged 65 and over now call this city home. To provide safe and comfortable living situations for some of these seniors, there are two assisted living facilities within the town city limits.
Assisted living facilities in Mandan and other parts of North Dakota are officially recognized as either assisted living facilities or basic care facilities. They are licensed and regulated by the Department of Health and the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mandan
- The city of Mandan gives seniors plenty of opportunities to enjoy the arts and culture. The Mandan Art Association promotes wellness throughout creative expression, and the Mandan Historical Society celebrates the city's railroad history and indigenous heritage.
- North Dakota, including Mandan, has a notoriously harsh winter climate. The city typically gets 46 inches of snow per year, and temperatures in January reach an average low of just 2 degrees. Seniors are advised not to go outdoors during these harsh conditions.
- When seniors in Mandan are able to get outdoors, they shouldn't worry that the air quality will be hazardous to their health. The EPA gives the area a National Air Toxics Assessment rating of 83 which is 25 points better than the national average of 58.
- The Mandan area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sanford Health and St. Alexius Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors looking for assisted living communities in Mandan will find that the area has comparable costs to the rest of North Dakota and the rest of the United States. The cost of living index is just 0.8% below the national average and 1.2% above the state average.
- Seniors may not find Mandan as affordable as other places because North Dakota is one of the only states that tax Social Security income. The tax rate, however, is relatively low as no state resident pays more than 2.9%.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mandan
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Dakota
Assisted Living costs in Mandan start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mandan and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mandan
Personal Care Services (MSP-PC) is a North Dakota Medicaid program that provides funding for assistance in an assisted living facility. The Aged and Disabled Waiver also provides funding for services but has limited availability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mandan
Mandan and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mandan, please visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mandan
Mandan-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Dakota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mandan
Review of Edgewood in Mandan
My mother was at Edgewood Mandan, and that was a very nice and clean place. People were friendly and very, very helpful. Her room was nice and clean too. You got to bring some of your own stuff tho... Read more