6 Assisted Living Facilities in Minot, ND
Also serving communities of Kenmare.
The average cost of assisted living in Minot is $2,982 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 12 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Minot. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Minot 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Minot find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Minot, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Minot
Minot is a remote city in North Dakota that has a deep appreciation for its history. Of the more than 47,000 people who live here, 12.6% are aged 65 and over. Despite a relatively young population, there are six assisted living facilities in the city that can provide daily assistance for some seniors. These assisted living facilities are licensed and regulated by the North Dakota Department of Health and the North Dakota Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Minot
- Minot has a rich culture that celebrates both the immigrant population and the area's contribution to aviation history. Seniors in the area enjoy the Dakota Territory Air Museum for its memorabilia and exhibits as well as Scandinavian Heritage Park for its restoration of traditional architecture.
Very cold winters in Minot may prevent many active seniors in the area from enjoying the outdoors. In January, the average low temperature reaches two degrees. Minot also gets an average of 46 inches of snow per year, 18 inches more than the national average.
- The National Air Toxics Assessment from the EPA gives Minot a score of 83 for air quality. This is 25 points above the national average, so seniors in the area may feel more comfortable going outside without worrying about the air causing any breathing problems.
- The Minot area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Trinity Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Minot City Transit offers several different bus routes throughout the city. Discount fares and passes are available for riders who are aged 55 and over. The Amtrak station on 1st Avenue provides access to long-distance travel.
- The tax policies in North Dakota may make assisted living more affordable for some seniors in Minot. The state taxes any Social Security income that is taxed at the federal level. Pensions and retirement accounts are also taxed, but there is a deduction of $5,000 per person.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Minot
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Dakota
Assisted Living costs in Minot start around $2,982 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Minot and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Minot
Public assistance for seniors in Minot who need help paying for assisted living may be available through Personal Care Services (MSP-PC) which is a Medicaid program. The Aged and Disabled Waiver, may also provide support but has limited availability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Minot
Minot and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Minot, please visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Minot
Minot-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Dakota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Minot
Review of Elmcroft of Minot
My mother was a resident of Elmcroft of Minot, and we had an excellent experience. It was very homey, it's a small community with very caring people, and it's very pretty. The rooms were awesome, a... Read more
Review of The Wellington
We visited The Wellington. It was nice, but we just didn't like that it was a bigger facility than the others, and that it had elevators. We thought Mother would get lost. The layout was pretty goo... Read more
Review of Somerset Court - Minot
Somerset Court - Minot seemed to be the most popular of the three places we visited, but it was so huge that we got lost in there, and we couldn't see my mom making it in that one. It was confusing... Read more