3 Assisted Living Facilities in Ticonderoga, NY
Also serving communities of Keene Valley.
The average cost of assisted living in Ticonderoga is $3,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Ticonderoga. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ticonderoga 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Middlebury with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ticonderoga, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Ticonderoga, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ticonderoga
Ticonderoga is located in Essex County in Upstate New York. It is home to about 3,400 residents, about 670 of whom are aged 65 and over. The region is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Ticonderoga Campus of the Elizabeth Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
For seniors who need an extra hand with some daily living activities, there are three assisted living facilities in Ticonderoga. These facilities, which may also be referred to as adult care facilities, are licensed by the state's Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ticonderoga
- June, July and August are the most pleasant months in Ticonderoga, with average highs in the upper 70s to low 80s. The winter months are chilly with January lows around 10 degrees. Seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that provides individual climate controls in residents' quarters.
- On a 100-point cost of living index, Ticonderoga is rated 96, which is lower than the national average of 100 and the statewide average of 119. This may make the city a good option for seniors who are seeking assisted living services with a limited budget.
- Overall, the crime rate in Ticonderoga is 56% lower than the national average, and residents have a 1 in 82 chance of being the victim of any type of crime. Even so, seniors may want to ensure that they find an assisted living facility that uses modern security equipment.
- Over the course of the year, temperatures in Ticonderoga range between 10 degrees and 83 degrees, making it one of the warmer cities in New York. The area gets about 63 inches of annual snowfall. Seniors who reside in assisted living here may want to find out what indoor activities are available during the cold months.
- Social Security benefits and public pension income is not taxed at the state level in New York, and seniors who receive income from retirement accounts or private pensions can claim a large tax deduction. This may let them put more money toward assisted living expenses in Ticonderoga.
- Ticonderoga has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Ticonderoga Area Senior Programs, which provides fitness programs, field trips and games to area residents age 55 and over, as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ticonderoga
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Ticonderoga start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ticonderoga and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ticonderoga
Assisted living services for seniors in Ticonderoga may be covered by the Medicaid State Plan, the Long-Term Home Health Program 1915(c) waiver program or the optional state supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ticonderoga
Ticonderoga and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ticonderoga, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ticonderoga
Ticonderoga-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Ticonderoga, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ticonderoga
Review of Montcalm Manor HFA
The staff, especially the manager, were very caring and in tune to my mother's needs and desires. They made her feel wanted and cared for. The facility was always clean, and care was taken to be su... Read more