11 Assisted Living Facilities near Lebanon, NH
Also serving communities of West Lebanon.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lebanon area, with 2 in Lebanon and 9 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 19 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lebanon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lebanon 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include White River Junction with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lebanon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lebanon, NH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lebanon
The city of Lebanon was founded and settled in 1761 and is home to many notable historical landmarks, including the Dana House, which was built in 1765 and is the oldest house in the city. Nearly 14,000 people call this historically rich city home, including a large senior community that accounts for 18.4% of the population. Some in this age group may seek help from one of the area's nine assisted living facilities, including two in Lebanon and seven more in neighboring cities.
In Lebanon, as in the rest of New Hampshire, assisted living facilities are classified as Supported Residential Health Care, which is for residents who qualify for nursing home-level care, and residential care facilities, which provide a lower level of care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lebanon
- New Hampshire's state income tax law doesn't tax SSI and retirement account withdrawals. There is, however, a tax on interest and dividends. While retirement income is not taxed at the state level, Lebanon seniors with investment income may pay some taxes. The state has no sales tax, but property taxes are high.
- The Lebanon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transportation in Lebanon is provided by Advance Transit, which offers five fixed routes in the region. The service operates on weekdays and is fare-free for all riders.
- Lebanon offers a broad spectrum of arts and entertainment options. Local senior centers may offer field trips to local points of interest like the Lebanon Opera House or AVA Gallery and Art Center.
- While the cost of living in Lebanon is about 5% higher than the national average, it is roughly 8% lower than the statewide average, which may make it a good option for New Hampshirite seniors looking for affordable assisted living.
- Summers in Lebanon are pleasant with highs in the low-80s, ranking it among the warmer cities in the state. However, winters are very cold with lows in the single digits. The city gets nearly 70 inches of annual snowfall, which may be a consideration for seniors who rely on mobility aids.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Hampshire
Assisted Living costs in Lebanon start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lebanon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Assisted living services in Lebanon may be covered through the state's Medicaid Choices for Independence 1915(c) waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lebanon
Lebanon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lebanon, please visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lebanon
Lebanon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Hampshire are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lebanon
Review of Harvest Hill
My mom moved into Harvest Hill. We chose it because of its location and availability. The staff members are very attentive, kind, and knowledgeable. Their food is awesome. They have a lot of activi... Read more
Review of Harvest Hill
Be aware that the assisted living services offered here are limited. If your family member requires supported care as they age and their health and mental capabilities begin to change, they will no... Read more