7 Assisted Living Facilities in Norfolk, NE
Also serving communities of Wayne.
The average cost of assisted living in Norfolk is $3,153 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,595.
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Norfolk. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Norfolk 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Norfolk, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Norfolk, NE
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Norfolk
The city of Norfolk is located in Madison County, Nebraska and has a population of 24,398, of which 20 percent are aged 60 and up. The town accommodates this sizable senior population with five local assisted living facilities (ALFs). Each facility provides seniors with assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), medication management and transportation arrangements. They also offer a range of recreational activities to help each senior live a healthy, fit lifestyle. In Norfolk, and all other cities in the Nebraska, ALFs are regulated by the Nebraska Division of Public Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Licensure and Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Norfolk
- Short, mild summers are typical in the Norfolk area, where temperatures rarely exceed 89 degrees during the hottest months. Seniors may need to consider the hazardous cold winters that average between 15 and 39 degrees from November to March.
- The air quality index in Norfolk is considered 17 percent better than the national average, which makes it easier on seniors with respiratory illnesses. The area also has a 96 percent better pollution index compared to the national median.
- The cost of living in Norfolk is rated an 88, similar to the state average and 12 points better than the national average of 100. Seniors can often save on groceries, health care and housing in the area compared to those living elsewhere in the nation.
- Residents in Norfolk experience lower violent and property crime rates compared to the national average, yet face higher crimes per square mile. As a result, the town is considered only 26 percent safer than those in the nation and 10 percent safer to communities of comparable size in Nebraska.
- Norfolk has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Norfolk Senior Center, an organization that provides seniors with activities, social programs and educational services.
- The Norfolk area is home to world-class facilities, including Faith Regional Health Services, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Norfolk
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nebraska
Assisted Living costs in Norfolk start around $16,653 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Norfolk and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Norfolk
Eligible seniors in Norfolk may qualify for mulitple financial aid programs, including the Medicaid 1915 Home and Community Based Services Waiver (HCBS) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Norfolk
Norfolk and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Norfolk, please visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Norfolk
Norfolk-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nebraska are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nebraska page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Norfolk
Review of The Heritage at Fountain Point
The Heritage at Fountain Point was brand new. It was a little bit more expensive than the rest, but they have a lot more to offer. Their dining room was like a restaurant. It's a lot bigger, too, s... Read more
Review of The Norfolk Homestead L.l.c.
Homestead of Norfolk was a smaller community. The place was clean and the room that was available looked good because it had new carpeting and new paint. Rhonda showed me everything and answered al... Read more
Review of Madison House
The whole establishment of Madison House was clean. It's a smaller community, so that was a good one. They got a smaller dining room, smaller community area, and then they showed me a studio room. ... Read more