2 Assisted Living Facilities in Marble Hill, MO
Also serving communities of Patton.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Marble Hill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Marble Hill 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marble Hill, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Marble Hill, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marble Hill
The small city of Marble Hill has just 1,500 residents, and it's estimated that about 300 of these people are aged 65 or over. The city may be a good option for seniors with tight retirement budgets, as its overall cost of living is about 15% below the national average and 8% below the statewide median. This is primarily due to affordable housing and utilities, which may result in lower assisted living expenses.
In spite of its modest size, Marble Hill is home to two assisted living facilities. Like all facilities in the state, they provide housing, meals and supportive services to seniors, and they're licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marble Hill
- In Marble Hill, seniors don't pay state income tax on Social Security benefits, and those who draw public pension income can claim a sizable deduction to lighten the tax burden. Other retirement income is taxed at the normal rate.
- The Marble Hill area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cross Trails Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Air quality in Marble Hill is rated 71, with 100 being the best, which is about 13 points higher than the national average. The city's clean air may be beneficial to seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular conditions.
- On a 100-point scale, the property crime in Marble Hill is rated 32.7, which is roughly on par with the national average, but the violent crime rate is nearly 10 points lower than the national median at 13.5. This may make local assisted living facilities good options for safety-minded seniors.
- As is typical of Missouri cities, Marble Hill experiences four distinct seasons with hot summers and cold winters. Temperatures range 23-89 degrees F over the course of the year, and the city gets about 10 inches of snow on average. Seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that provides individual climate control in bedrooms and apartments.
- Transportation in Marble Hill is facilitated by Southeast Missouri Transportation Service, a nonprofit transportation provider that offers door-to-door service. Vehicles are wheelchair accessible, and other reasonable modifications are made for passengers with special needs.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marble Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Marble Hill start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marble Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marble Hill
Seniors whose assisted living expenses exceed their monthly income may be eligible to have services covered under the state's Aged and Disabled Medicaid waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marble Hill
Marble Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marble Hill, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marble Hill
Marble Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Marble Hill, MO
Other Options in Marble Hill, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Marble Hill
Review of Diana's Boarding Home 1
Three phases: phase I located in an older home, phase II down the road in a large building, and phase III in a new building behind phase II. All three are well-maintained and nicely appointed. Furn... Read more
Review of El-Nathan, Inc
They have a very nice website about this facility. The website explains about their services and has several pictures too. I have personally been to this facility and can say firsthand it is in a b... Read more