2 Assisted Living Facilities in Redwood Falls, MN
Also serving communities of Belview.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Redwood Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Redwood Falls
Located on the Minnesota River Valley National Scenic Byway and beside the Redwood River, Redwood Falls is a picturesque community where a higher than average percentage of the population is over the age of 65. To help accommodate this large senior population of 21%, the city has two assisted living communities. There are six other facilities in surrounding communities. As in the rest of Minnesota, assisted living in Redwood Falls comes under the category of Housing with Services (HWS) and is regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Redwood Falls
- Redwood Falls has long, warm summers and cold, often icy winters. The warm season, which lasts about four months, has an average temperature of 72 degrees while the three-to-four month winter season averages 36 degrees. Snow is common during this period so may make outdoor activities difficult for some seniors.
- The cost of living in Redwood Falls is 17.9%, lower than the national average. This may be helpful to seniors living on a fixed income.
- Minnesota is one of the few states that taxes all forms of retirement income, and with state taxes being some of the highest in the country, this may be a deciding factor for seniors considering making Redwood Falls their home.
- While the violent and property crime rates in Redwood Falls are both higher than the state average, there has been a downward trend in both types of crime in recent years. Theft is the most common crime, so it is prudent to keep doors locked.
- There are a lot of things to do in Redwood Falls when it comes to arts and culture. As well as having a local live theatre troupe, the city and surrounding area have a wide range of stores, country fairs, golf courses and museums.
Community transit buses are a good way to get around Redwood Falls and the surrounding area. These buses have no set route, but a same-day service phone call will provide seniors with door-to-door service to events, shopping and services.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Redwood Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Redwood Falls start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Redwood Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Redwood Falls
For low-income Minnesota seniors who wish to live in assisted living communities, the state may provide assistance through the Elderly Waiver (EW) program, also known as Home And Community Based Services (HCBS). This program takes into account the income and asset levels of applicants.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Redwood Falls
Redwood Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Redwood Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Redwood Falls
Redwood Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.