3 Assisted Living Facilities near Renville, MN
Also serving communities of Clara City.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Renville area, with 2 in Renville and 1 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Renville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Renville, MN
1 Assisted Living Facility near Renville, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Renville
Renville, Minnesota, is a charming small town centered around the Park Avenue West thoroughfare where seniors can find churches, banks and restaurants to frequent. Renville is part of its namesake county, which has 14,612 residents, more than one-fifth of whom are aged 65 years and older. This senior population can find help with activities of daily living from the town's three assisted living facilities.
In Renville, as in the rest of Minnesota, assisted living facilities are classified as either Class A or Class F facilities, both of which must register annually with the Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Renville
- The overall cost of living in Renville is significantly lower than both the national and state averages. Housing is especially inexpensive and Renville seniors can expect to pay less than half of what they would elsewhere in the United States.
- Minnesota is not particularly tax-friendly to seniors looking to make the most of their retirement wealth. Renville residents pay full taxes on private and public pensions, and partial taxes on Social Security. Withdrawals from retirement accounts are also taxed at the full rate.
- The Renville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the RC Hospital and Clinics, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Since they are part of Renville County, Renville seniors can access different community recreational services such as dedicated fishing spots and beginner-level hiking paths.
- Seniors worried about safety will be encouraged to know that both property crime and violent crime in Renville occur less often than elsewhere in the United States.
- Renville receives quite a bit of snow per year, with an average of 40 inches, which is 12 more than the U.S. average. It does not see as much rainfall, however, with just 27 inches per year, an average of 11 inches less than elsewhere in the country.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Renville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Renville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Renville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Renville
Renville seniors who receive Medicaid can look into the Minnesota Elderly Waiver to help find ways to afford assisted living. Group Residential Housing Assistance is available for those who are not eligible for Medicaid but who still want financial assistance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Renville
Renville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Renville, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Renville
Renville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.