The 3 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Terrebonne Parish, LA for 2023
The average cost of assisted living in Terrebonne Parish is $3,313 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Terrebonne Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Terrebonne Parish 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Terrebonne Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Assisted Living by city: Assisted Living in Houma
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Terrebonne Parish, LA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Terrebonne Parish
Terrebonne Parish is located in Louisiana along the Gulf Coast. It's part of the Houma-Thibodoaux Metropolitan area, and the parish is home to an estimated 111,000 residents, nearly 15% of them are aged 65 and older.
There are three assisted living facilities in Terrebonne Parish that provide assistance with medication management, hygiene and other daily tasks to seniors who need it. These facilities, which are officially known throughout Louisiana as residential care facilities, are licensed by the Department of Health and Hospitals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Terrebonne Parish
- Seniors can travel to appointments and errands via Good Earth Transit, which is Terrebonne Parish's public transportation system. It's available Monday through Friday during daytime hours and offers reduced fares for seniors aged 65 and older.
- The Terrebonne Parish area is home to world-class healthcare facilities, including Terrebonne General Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Terrebonne Parish's air quality is good and has been assigned a passing grade by the American Lung Association, which means that seniors don't need to be concerned that the air they breathe negatively affects their health.
- Terrebonne Parish has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Gulf Coast Social Services' weekly Senior Citizen Social, which provides seniors with the opportunity to congregate and socialize with peers, as well as five senior centers.
- In Houma, which is the parish seat for Terrebonne Parish, the overall cost of living is 5.6% below the national average, which means that the area is a rather affordable choice for seniors with budgetary concerns.
- Summertime in Terrebonne Parish can be hot and humid, which may cause discomfort for some seniors. The area gets an average of 66 inches of rain per year, which is nearly 30 inches more than the national average, and the average high in July is 91 degrees.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Terrebonne Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Terrebonne Parish start around $3,313 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Terrebonne Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Terrebonne Parish
Seniors in Terrebonne Parish and throughout Louisiana don't have access to any Medicaid waivers that cover the cost of assisted living and unfortunately, the state plan doesn't provide for the cost of care, either. It also doesn't provide a state supplement to Supplemental Security Income. As such, seniors may need to rely on alternative funding options such as family supplementation or long-term care insurance to help them pay for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Terrebonne Parish
Terrebonne Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Terrebonne Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Terrebonne Parish
Terrebonne Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Terrebonne Parish, LA
Assisted Living near Terrebonne Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Terrebonne Parish
Review of Trustwell Living at Terrebonne Place
The tour at Terrebonne Place was thorough and extensive. It was a nice place. It seemed really good. The staff was very nice and informative. She took all the questions I had and answered them as w... Read more
Review of Trustwell Living at Terrebonne Place
What I liked the most about Terrebonne Place was that it was very clean, friendly, and had lots of things to do for the elderly. They have a band that they listen to. There are different games they... Read more
Review of The Suites at Sugar Mill Point
My father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 5 years ago. He moved into The Suites @ Sugar Mill Point in May 2012. The wonderful staff at The Suites were unbelievably helpful with his transition. Hi... Read more